Imaging or ghost or something

HTC Touch Questions

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08-19-2008, 08:51 PM
saxmanrp saxmanrp is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Touch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View saxmanrp's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View saxmanrp's Photo Album Add saxmanrp's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Imaging or ghost or something

Unfortunatly over the last several months due to my clumsiness my Touch has taken a beating.. I would like to order a new phone but want to replicatie my current phone to the new one..
is there a ghost like program to do that..
Old 08-20-2008, 01:41 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Imaging or ghost or something

“ Originally Posted by saxmanrp View Post

Unfortunatly over the last several months due to my clumsiness my Touch has taken a beating.. I would like to order a new phone but want to replicatie my current phone to the new one..
is there a ghost like program to do that..
yes you could use spb backup and make a backup file but you will still have to flash whatever rom you have on your phone currently to the new one first.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:05 PM

View saxmanrp's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View saxmanrp's Photo Album Add saxmanrp's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

you know what I really want is just a new cover The LCD screen is fine so that's why I just need a new cover.

do you know where I could by one and also how to put it on. I'm guessing the four hex screw on the inside back come out and it's not to much more than that but never did it before.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:26 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

you know what I really want is just a new cover The LCD screen is fine so that's why I just need a new cover.

do you know where I could by one and also how to put it on. I'm guessing the four hex screw on the inside back come out and it's not to much more than that but never did it before.
ebay you can get them at and they are a lil harder than that to put on..... you will have to take out atotal of around 15 screws and take all the guts out seperately and than place them back in tighten down and than attach the housing.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:31 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Mogul/Sprint Touch

View AL_CAPONE_X3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View AL_CAPONE_X3's Photo Album Add AL_CAPONE_X3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

ebay you can get them at and they are a lil harder than that to put on..... you will have to take out atotal of around 15 screws and take all the guts out seperately and than place them back in tighten down and than attach the housing.
also i really wouldnt suggest doing it i mean ya you can do it but once you open it its hard to keep the lcd screen clean from finger prints and dust mainly the dust. finger prints not so hard just dont touch it also you should use metal to pry anything open or touch the componets inside with your finger because the grease on your fingers is not good for it.

it is possible to do but its not as easy as it seems.

The Following User Says Thank You to AL_CAPONE_X3 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2008, 04:07 PM

Thanks for the heads up D/\SH and AL.. but I have done bunch of electonics repairs in my day, I think I'll be alright... maybe I'll make a video about it for future maintainance for others.....

Unless I completely screw it up..
The Following User Says Thank You to saxmanrp For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2008, 05:11 PM

Thanks for the heads up D/\SH and AL.. but I have done bunch of electonics repairs in my day, I think I'll be alright... maybe I'll make a video about it for future maintainance for others.....

Unless I completely screw it up..
hahaha aight its not that bad ive done it and took many phones apart............
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
ghost, imaging