Post New ThreadReply

Old 12-06-2008, 06:36 AM
TVDinner TVDinner is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: htc fuze
Mobile Carrier: AT & T
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View TVDinner's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TVDinner's Photo Album Add TVDinner's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
cant unmute phone

I have somehow muted the entire phone and cant figure out how to get the sound turned back on. I have gone to sound and notifications and have all that checked correctly, but when I play music, or youtube video, everything is running correctly, just no sound. I am not sure what I did to mute the entire phone, but would like to turn it back on. Any ideas?

--------- New Post Merged on 6/12/2008 at 0712 --------

I am such an idiot. I fixed it. please delete this thread for reasons of extreme stupidity.

Old 12-06-2008, 10:07 AM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch Pro!!!
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View csmartycssmarty's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View csmartycssmarty's Photo Album Add csmartycssmarty's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: cant unmute phone

so its not a complete waste, what did you do and how did you fix? there are a lot of noobs that might find this in a search and save a stupid thread in the future. not that this was stupid, dont worry bout it bro we all have our moments
Old 12-06-2008, 11:52 AM
TVDinner TVDinner is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: htc fuze
Mobile Carrier: AT & T

View TVDinner's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TVDinner's Photo Album Add TVDinner's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by csmartycssmarty View Post

so its not a complete waste, what did you do and how did you fix? there are a lot of noobs that might find this in a search and save a stupid thread in the future. not that this was stupid, dont worry bout it bro we all have our moments
Sure and I completely agree with that thinking. I was installing a program and CAB for it and had the phone open (keyboard out). Before pushing it out my finger simply lowered the volume button on the side of the phone all the way down to the lowest setting, then to on, vibrate and then to OFF. So without realizing it I had shut off all sounds on the phone. As mentioned above everything worked fine on the phone and opened up like normal including the music player, youtube, etc, but no sounds. I went into settings and nothing was turned off there. I soft rebooted the phone, still no sound. then I posted here thinking I had accidentally pushed some weird combination of keys on the keyboard and used some unknown keyboard shortcut to turn off the sounds on the phone.

And then after racking my brain and getting really pissed off and ready to throw the phone directly into the back of my brick fireplace, I decided to try the volume buttons on the side of the phone, lol. And pressed the up button and sure enough the sounds came back on.

As mentioned above - I am an idiot, lol.

Old 12-06-2008, 12:00 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by TVDinner View Post

Sure and I completely agree with that thinking. I was installing a program and CAB for it and had the phone open (keyboard out). Before pushing it out my finger simply lowered the volume button on the side of the phone all the way down to the lowest setting, then to on, vibrate and then to OFF. So without realizing it I had shut off all sounds on the phone. As mentioned above everything worked fine on the phone and opened up like normal including the music player, youtube, etc, but no sounds. I went into settings and nothing was turned off there. I soft rebooted the phone, still no sound. then I posted here thinking I had accidentally pushed some weird combination of keys on the keyboard and used some unknown keyboard shortcut to turn off the sounds on the phone.

And then after racking my brain and getting really pissed off and ready to throw the phone directly into the back of my brick fireplace, I decided to try the volume buttons on the side of the phone, lol. And pressed the up button and sure enough the sounds came back on.

As mentioned above - I am an idiot, lol.
hahahha i was just going to ask that since i did that many times in the past with my mogul since the scroll wheel controlled volume......
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
phone, unmute