Old 01-15-2008, 04:17 PM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Skype v2.2.0.37 for Mobile (Freeware)

Skype v2.2.0.37 for Mobile (Freeware)
Requirements: PPC WM5, WM6
Overview: Skype is a little piece of software that lets you make free calls to anyone else on Skype, anywhere in the world. And even though the calls are free, they are really excellent quality. If you and your friends, family or business contacts are using webcams, you can also make free video calls. You can even call landlines and mobile phones at really cheap per minute rates (and there's no setup or subscription fee).

More Info:
Code:
http://www.skype.com/intl/en/download/skype/mobile/

Download Instructions:
http://rapidshare.com/files/83948612...orPocketPC.CAB
Mirror:
http://depositfiles.com/files/3089196
Attached Thumbnails
skype.jpg  
Old 05-12-2008, 01:26 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View chris2989's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View chris2989's Photo Album Add chris2989's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Skype v2.2.0.37 for Mobile (Freeware)

dash we cant get the sound to work when ever you call or recieve a call u answer and there is no sound for neither person
Old 05-12-2008, 01:39 AM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by chris2989 View Post

dash we cant get the sound to work when ever you call or recieve a call u answer and there is no sound for neither person
well this is a freeware bro just got to the developers site and it might be under FAQ or contact them and see what they say.... i dont use the app or anything so wouldnt know........ and its not a crack so theres no way it was made or cracked incorrectly.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:40 PM
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

If your using the mogul, skype seems toonly workthrough speakerphone...google this through any forum you like and you will find the same answer...this maybe the case for other PPCs as well...that could be your issue if your not using skype on speaker...

Old 05-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View chris2989's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View chris2989's Photo Album Add chris2989's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i tryed both speaker and headphones neither work and i took my team to search before and i saw that people were saying that there is an older version that works with the mogul
Old 05-12-2008, 01:10 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint Speed

View matrixmain78's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View matrixmain78's Photo Album Add matrixmain78's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

DOESN'T WORK On Sprint Touch, the Skype site facts will tell you that the Phone feature only work on the 3G Network, doesn't work for CDMA or GSM, I'd the Test and I'did call to Skype, and they told me that the VOIP wont work on my phone untill Sprint upgrade the network speed, the only thing that we can use rigth now is there messenger! and if start to work you need to open an account and pay there rates. Go to www.skype.com and let me know if there is a possible fix for this! :buba_phone:
Old 05-13-2008, 09:43 PM
The Man with the Plan!

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by matrixmain78 View Post

DOESN'T WORK On Sprint Touch, the Skype site facts will tell you that the Phone feature only work on the 3G Network, doesn't work for CDMA or GSM, I'd the Test and I'did call to Skype, and they told me that the VOIP wont work on my phone untill Sprint upgrade the network speed, the only thing that we can use rigth now is there messenger! and if start to work you need to open an account and pay there rates. Go to www.skype.com and let me know if there is a possible fix for this! :buba_phone:

I dont' think you have a grasp of what you have just stated and I don't know why Dash would thank you without correcting you...lol...no problem though, allow me to explain:

CDMA: stands for Code Division Multiple Access. Both data and voice are separated from signals using codes and then transmited using a wide frequency range. Because of this, there are more space left for data transfer (this was one of the reasons why CDMA is the prefered technology for the 3G generation, which is broadband access and the use of big multimedia messages). For the 3G generation CDMA uses 1x EV-DO and EV-DV.
GSM: stands for Global System Mobile. Even though it is sold as "the latest technology" in several countries, this technology is older than CDMA (and also TDMA). But keep in mind that this doesn't mean that GSM is inferior or worse than CDMA. GSM is the most used cell phone technology in the world.

3G technologies enable network operators to offer users a wider range of more advanced services while achieving greater network capacity through improved spectral efficiency. CDMA, GSM, and even older networks such TDMA are the networks that carriers use and 3G is what you would call the technology that allows for faster data speeds, streaming, transferring of messages, and a host of other improvements. That is why Verizon and Sprint who both operate on CDMA and have been using 3G for some time now are the top networks when it comes to data and that is exactly why AT&T has started to implement the 3G technology on alot more of their new phones, especially the Windows Mobile ones and I'm sure T-Mobile will eventually follow suit. Sprint is probably the only carrier who continues to push the envelope on better data speeds and are looking to push 4G. AT&T and T-Mobile are companies that work on the GSM network and have predominantly both used EDGE for their data. So when Skype says that it will only work on 3G, they want people to know with handsets that are not 3G capable that skype will not work, this will mainly be a problem with T-Mobile and almost all of AT&T as I have stated in their limited availability of 3G handsets. So skype will in fact work with the Mogul, I have friends in AUSTRALIA, EUROPE, and AFRICA and I have communicated with them through skype mobile. Granted I have not used my skype in about 4 months, but it did work via the mogul and via speakerphone, I can up my cab files to a thread if you like...I would have to find them because I have a few copies.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:38 AM
Mobile Model: Mogul

View dansoftcore's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dansoftcore's Photo Album Add dansoftcore's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by chris2989 View Post

i tryed both speaker and headphones neither work and i took my team to search before and i saw that people were saying that there is an older version that works with the mogul
Which version mite this be?
Old 05-15-2008, 12:33 PM
The Man with the Plan!

Like I said before, I have not used my skype in a while, but I have found a few cab and pc install files for skype...I am very busy right now and as I don't have time to try them all out...I will just load them in a rapidshare file and post them within this thread...and you tell me your findings.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Supporter
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro/HERO
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: Android

View forty01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View forty01's Photo Album Add forty01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I had the version that worked for Touch and all, but I did a Hard Reset a month or two ago, so I can't remember the exact one(version), but I think it's on my micro sd, so I'll take a look a little later and repost with the file. Their is only one version that truelly worked. Thanks.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:27 PM
The Man with the Plan!

Here are my skype files:
http://rapidshare.com/files/11514087...C.CAB.zip.html

Old 05-16-2008, 12:50 AM
Supporter

View forty01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View forty01's Photo Album Add forty01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

This is version 2.2.0.18 Beta and the only version working with the Touch and many other phones. It might not be perfect, but you can send and receive a call ;D

Let me know how it goes, later.

Anonym zu rapidshare.com/files/115245257/SkypeForPocketPC-2.2.0.18-Beta.cab.zip.html
Old 05-16-2008, 05:46 AM
Mobile Model: SPRINT TP

View getnmoney's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View getnmoney's Photo Album Add getnmoney's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

true older version works. use it all the time with my sprint touch on alltel rom now with evdo rev A and gps it works better.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:48 AM
Supporter

“ Originally Posted by getnmoney View Post

true older version works. use it all the time with my sprint touch on alltel rom now with evdo rev A and gps it works better.
That's good to know, because I knew it worked and I just upgraded to Windows Mobile 6.1, Rev A and GPS last night... finally gave in So, if it works better then thats good info, thanks.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:19 PM
Mobile Model: SPRINT TP

View getnmoney's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View getnmoney's Photo Album Add getnmoney's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hey forty direct me to yo rom. wanna try wm6.1 plus da rom I have doesn't include java
Old 05-16-2008, 12:32 PM

hey forty direct me to yo rom. wanna try wm6.1 plus da rom I have doesn't include java
go to the side menu than roms unsupported and you will find some for the touch.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:40 PM
Supporter

Mustan-Tech - WM6.1 v3 (with GPS & Rev. A)

Goto:
Smart Phone Evolution (TEAM HTC) / Customize your Phone / ROM RELEASES (Supported)

or Search for Mustan-Tech

It was a good start and have been adding all my additional programs with good success so far. Good Luck.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:13 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint Speed

View matrixmain78's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View matrixmain78's Photo Album Add matrixmain78's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by smassele View Post

I dont' think you have a grasp of what you have just stated and I don't know why Dash would thank you without correcting you...lol...no problem though, allow me to explain:

CDMA: stands for Code Division Multiple Access. Both data and voice are separated from signals using codes and then transmited using a wide frequency range. Because of this, there are more space left for data transfer (this was one of the reasons why CDMA is the prefered technology for the 3G generation, which is broadband access and the use of big multimedia messages). For the 3G generation CDMA uses 1x EV-DO and EV-DV.
GSM: stands for Global System Mobile. Even though it is sold as "the latest technology" in several countries, this technology is older than CDMA (and also TDMA). But keep in mind that this doesn't mean that GSM is inferior or worse than CDMA. GSM is the most used cell phone technology in the world.

3G technologies enable network operators to offer users a wider range of more advanced services while achieving greater network capacity through improved spectral efficiency. CDMA, GSM, and even older networks such TDMA are the networks that carriers use and 3G is what you would call the technology that allows for faster data speeds, streaming, transferring of messages, and a host of other improvements. That is why Verizon and Sprint who both operate on CDMA and have been using 3G for some time now are the top networks when it comes to data and that is exactly why AT&T has started to implement the 3G technology on alot more of their new phones, especially the Windows Mobile ones and I'm sure T-Mobile will eventually follow suit. Sprint is probably the only carrier who continues to push the envelope on better data speeds and are looking to push 4G. AT&T and T-Mobile are companies that work on the GSM network and have predominantly both used EDGE for their data. So when Skype says that it will only work on 3G, they want people to know with handsets that are not 3G capable that skype will not work, this will mainly be a problem with T-Mobile and almost all of AT&T as I have stated in their limited availability of 3G handsets. So skype will in fact work with the Mogul, I have friends in AUSTRALIA, EUROPE, and AFRICA and I have communicated with them through skype mobile. Granted I have not used my skype in about 4 months, but it did work via the mogul and via speakerphone, I can up my cab files to a thread if you like...I would have to find them because I have a few copies.
Thanks for the info, look's that you're good on the copy and paste info, good class,you know how to use Google! I'm just trying to find out how to use it, if you can help just say how and will be appreciated It's good to learn something new every day!, the old version works better on the Touch, thanks for your help!

Old 07-10-2008, 06:04 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2

View crookdbill's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crookdbill's Photo Album Add crookdbill's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hey guys...I know dash doesn't use skype but i can't get any versions to work anymore...even the beta that used to work...it says skype could not start everytime i try to launch the program...any ideas
Old 07-10-2008, 06:05 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by crookdbill View Post

hey guys...I know dash doesn't use skype but i can't get any versions to work anymore...even the beta that used to work...it says skype could not start everytime i try to launch the program...any ideas
i have the same problem it happen when i upgrade rom to newer version

Old 07-11-2008, 10:13 AM
Supporter

As stated above, I have Mustan-Tech - WM6.1 v3 (with GPS & Rev. A) and running 2.2.0.18 Beta and am having no problems at all. Sound is actually pretty decent with incoming and outgoing.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
freeware, mobile, skype, v37