Post New ThreadReply

Old 12-17-2009, 11:53 AM
ebuzz ebuzz is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View ebuzz's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ebuzz's Photo Album Add ebuzz's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Troubleshooting

For some reason my TP goes dark after I receive and finish a call. It does not happen all the time, but every once in awhile it freezes after the call completes. I'm running Might ROM on WM 6.5. Once it freezes I have to reset b/c it's totally unresponsive.
Any ideas on why this is happening or how I can troubleshoot the issue to find out if programs are conflicting.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ebuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2009, 01:05 PM
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Troubleshooting

“ Originally Posted by ebuzz View Post

For some reason my TP goes dark after I receive and finish a call. It does not happen all the time, but every once in awhile it freezes after the call completes. I'm running Might ROM on WM 6.5. Once it freezes I have to reset b/c it's totally unresponsive.
Any ideas on why this is happening or how I can troubleshoot the issue to find out if programs are conflicting.
How long have you been running this rom bro ? And give us the list of programs u have installed on ur phone , do u have a phone skin by any chance ?

Old 12-17-2009, 05:47 PM

View ebuzz's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ebuzz's Photo Album Add ebuzz's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Troubleshooting

“ Originally Posted by jr5416 View Post

How long have you been running this rom bro ? And give us the list of programs u have installed on ur phone , do u have a phone skin by any chance ?
I've been running the ROM for about 6-7 months w/o any problems until now. Part of the problem is that I've got lots of apps running: SPB mobile shell, Spb weather; clock program, Resco apps, Extreme tweeks, the list goes on... How the hell can I isolate as to which one, if any, it might be? I don't want to take one off, run for awhile, put it back on, take another off, etc, etc, etc.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:42 PM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet
Mobile Model: TP2, omnia, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Can You Hear Me Now

Thanked 2,677 Times in 807 Posts

View MikeyD's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View MikeyD's Photo Album Add MikeyD's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Re Troubleshooting

I've been running the ROM for about 6-7 months w/o any problems until now. Part of the problem is that I've got lots of apps running: SPB mobile shell, Spb weather; clock program, Resco apps, Extreme tweeks, the list goes on... How the hell can I isolate as to which one, if any, it might be? I don't want to take one off, run for awhile, put it back on, take another off, etc, etc, etc.
well it could be mobile shell. I ran it for awhile and it made my phone real buggy and ate up alot of resources. Also what clock program are u using cuz all the ones i try trip my device out bad.

Old 12-17-2009, 11:25 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Troubleshooting

“ Originally Posted by MikeyD View Post

well it could be mobile shell. I ran it for awhile and it made my phone real buggy and ate up alot of resources. Also what clock program are u using cuz all the ones i try trip my device out bad.

yeah mikey is correct on mobile shell thus why i dont use on top of not really being my style any more. but anyways its prolly happening because you have all those apps running in the background and than the phone app running puts it over and freezes like when you have too many processes running on your computer and having it lock up.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:05 AM

Re Troubleshooting

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

yeah mikey is correct on mobile shell thus why i dont use on top of not really being my style any more. but anyways its prolly happening because you have all those apps running in the background and than the phone app running puts it over and freezes like when you have too many processes running on your computer and having it lock up.
OK, but I've had the mobile shell for a while and it didnt happen before. Also, although I have lots of app, they're not really running in the background, at least I don't think so. When I look in my task mgr, I don't see any apps running.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:40 AM

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Troubleshooting

I always thought that roms only run good for so long bro. I ran mighty rom for over 6weeks on my pro2 and then out of no where it started to bug on me so i end uo doing a hard reset and again it ran good for a while and then it started acting up . I think its time for you to do a hard reset bro .

Old 12-18-2009, 12:04 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Re Troubleshooting

I always thought that roms only run good for so long bro. I ran mighty rom for over 6weeks on my pro2 and then out of no where it started to bug on me so i end uo doing a hard reset and again it ran good for a while and then it started acting up . I think its time for you to do a hard reset bro .
and if thats the case and its been that long before you last hard reset you may wanna update the rom as well.... but i think he means that he has been using nrgz roms for that long...

i would just say try a hard reset and see what that does for you cause sounds like a bad registry string or something else going on. should be cleared up with hard reset and if not may have been bad flash and you could try to redownload the rom and than reflash.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:51 PM

Re Re Troubleshooting

I may not have much of a choice now, but I don't see why a ROM would work fine for months and then, for no reason, start acting up.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:00 PM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet

View MikeyD's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View MikeyD's Photo Album Add MikeyD's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Re Troubleshooting

I may not have much of a choice now, but I don't see why a ROM would work fine for months and then, for no reason, start acting up.
well it still could have been somthing that you installed and maybe uninstalled that caused it to become unstable but its somthing that we may never figure out. I mean even stock roms get buggy after awhile and hard reset usually is the way to go. if i havent flashed a new rom in awhile i find my self hard reseting every so often

Old 12-18-2009, 01:00 PM

Re: Re Re Troubleshooting

its like a computer... after a while you hasve to start fresh because it starts to slow down.... these programs that fix the slow speeds are registry cleaners that sometimes work and sometimes dont. you just rgot to clean it out and start from fresh.... just like any other thing that functions like a computer.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:20 PM

Re Re Re Troubleshooting

its like a computer... after a while you hasve to start fresh because it starts to slow down.... these programs that fix the slow speeds are registry cleaners that sometimes work and sometimes dont. you just rgot to clean it out and start from fresh.... just like any other thing that functions like a computer.
Well said bro lol

Old 12-18-2009, 03:10 PM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet

what i fine impresive is the u went that long without a hard reset when i first got my tp2 i had to hard reset it the first day lol

Old 12-18-2009, 03:29 PM

“ Originally Posted by MikeyD View Post

what i fine impresive is the u went that long without a hard reset when i first got my tp2 i had to hard reset it the first day lol
really? mine was stable as could be for months on the stock rom... things would get slow and i would get bored so i would hard reset to set it up again hahaa i had no troubles with the stocker on the vzw tp2
Old 12-19-2009, 03:56 PM

OK, so since it's supposed to snow like a b*tch today, I guess I'll do hard reset. Maybe I'll even try a new ROM, what's the hot new ROM these days?
Old 12-19-2009, 04:30 PM

Re Troubleshooting

OK, so since it's supposed to snow like a b*tch today, I guess I'll do hard reset. Maybe I'll even try a new ROM, what's the hot new ROM these days?
Sounds great bro, do what i do flash till u find what u like the most.

Old 12-19-2009, 05:28 PM
Mobile Model: touch pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 1,383 Times in 489 Posts

View parna1973's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View parna1973's Photo Album Add parna1973's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Troubleshooting

Hard reset sounds fine might wanna run SKTOOLS app could be found here...Run the invalid registry option hopefully will straighten out the registry like Dash stated a couple a posts bck...hope this helps..good luck

Old 12-21-2009, 07:49 AM

Re Re Troubleshooting

.... i would just say try a hard reset and see what that does for you cause sounds like a bad registry string or something else going on. should be cleared up with hard reset and if not may have been bad flash and you could try to redownload the rom and than reflash.
Well, the hard reset does not seem to have worked. I did the reset but after a short time it happened again. The problem is that I reinstalled all the same apps after the reset. Perhaps I should have just done a few at a time to see if that would isolate the offending app. I guess I'll have to just try and take a few off to see what that does.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:53 PM

Re: Re Re Troubleshooting

Well, the hard reset does not seem to have worked. I did the reset but after a short time it happened again. The problem is that I reinstalled all the same apps after the reset. Perhaps I should have just done a few at a time to see if that would isolate the offending app. I guess I'll have to just try and take a few off to see what that does.
yup thats a hassel but you have to do it sometimes and its the fun of troubleshooting haha
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
troubleshooting