Post New ThreadReply

Old 07-26-2009, 01:26 AM
n1nj4Lo n1nj4Lo is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC PPC-6800
Mobile Carrier: metroPCS
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View n1nj4Lo's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View n1nj4Lo's Photo Album Add n1nj4Lo's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Gps

Okay so it says GPS But I was wondering if it has it or not, I've heard it only has A-GPS and then No GPS at all so what gives..

Could Verizon have crippled the GPS, is it possible to get GPS on this.. If not would Google Maps still work fully no problem at all..

Reasons I'm asking is cause I'm planning on getting this phone to play around with for awhile, I've had my fun with the HTC Mogul for no and really do like that the Samsung SCH-i760 has everything the Mogul has plus a normal numeric keypad..
The Following User Says Thank You to n1nj4Lo For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2009, 01:36 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Gps

“ Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo View Post

Okay so it says GPS But I was wondering if it has it or not, I've heard it only has A-GPS and then No GPS at all so what gives..

Could Verizon have crippled the GPS, is it possible to get GPS on this.. If not would Google Maps still work fully no problem at all..

Reasons I'm asking is cause I'm planning on getting this phone to play around with for awhile, I've had my fun with the HTC Mogul for no and really do like that the Samsung SCH-i760 has everything the Mogul has plus a normal numeric keypad..
wow not much out for those mod wise and to unlock the gps on verizon units developers have to find the way and since i dont know of a place that supports or develops for that phone to tell the truth... so basically you would be locked down to verizon navigation unless for some odd reason they dont or cant block that certain device from accessing other gps besides verizon navigation through telenav.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2009, 01:55 AM
n1nj4Lo n1nj4Lo is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC PPC-6800
Mobile Carrier: metroPCS
Mobile OS: 6.1

View n1nj4Lo's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View n1nj4Lo's Photo Album Add n1nj4Lo's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Gps

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

wow not much out for those mod wise and to unlock the gps on verizon units developers have to find the way and since i dont know of a place that supports or develops for that phone to tell the truth... so basically you would be locked down to verizon navigation unless for some odd reason they dont or cant block that certain device from accessing other gps besides verizon navigation through telenav.
I'm getting one for 50 bucks next week, I'll take it to this guy on CraigsList who offers professional PocketPC Help and special rom upgrades(does everything in front of you no "ohh leave the phone with me and come back in an hour b.s.) and see if he can assist me in getting the GPS to work ..

I just wish HTC would get off their asses and make a touch version of the S740, then my dreams would come true.. LoL!!!

--------- New Post Merged on 27/7/2009 at 1213 --------

On a side note to nobody who knows this is the HTC S740:

http://i.expansys.com/i/b/b173478.jpg
Sorry bout the double posts, I was drunk last night and posted the images in the wrong thread... Which I was active in 2 threads at the sametime and got them confused.. haha
The Following User Says Thank You to n1nj4Lo For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
gps, gps?