Post New ThreadReply

Old 08-17-2009, 08:39 PM
churchi4cubs churchi4cubs is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Diamond
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View churchi4cubs's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View churchi4cubs's Photo Album Add churchi4cubs's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Loudspeaker blown :(

Hey guys,

I believe an alarm clock program I was using blew my loud speaker. I can't use the speakerphone and the phone doesn't ring. I've tried the headphone jack and that works fine. The earpiece speaker works too. I've flashed a few ROMs to check if it was software related and the speaker didn't work on any of the ROMs.

I'm out of warranty so I'm trying to fix it myself. I can't find any CDMA disassembly instructions. I've found some GSM versions.

Dash - and the rest of the great people here, do you have any advice?

Thanks!
Keith
The Following User Says Thank You to churchi4cubs For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2009, 08:42 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Loudspeaker blown :(

“ Originally Posted by churchi4cubs View Post

Hey guys,

I believe an alarm clock program I was using blew my loud speaker. I can't use the speakerphone and the phone doesn't ring. I've tried the headphone jack and that works fine. The earpiece speaker works too. I've flashed a few ROMs to check if it was software related and the speaker didn't work on any of the ROMs.

I'm out of warranty so I'm trying to fix it myself. I can't find any CDMA disassembly instructions. I've found some GSM versions.

Dash - and the rest of the great people here, do you have any advice?

Thanks!
Keith
taking the phone apart yourself voids the warrenty. i doubt unless you had it cranked with tweaks in the registry that it would blow from that, could it have got partially wet or anything? also do you have insurance through your provider on the device? if so just take it into the repair center and have them swap it out for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2009, 08:52 PM
churchi4cubs churchi4cubs is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Diamond
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View churchi4cubs's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View churchi4cubs's Photo Album Add churchi4cubs's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

taking the phone apart yourself voids the warrenty. i doubt unless you had it cranked with tweaks in the registry that it would blow from that, could it have got partially wet or anything? also do you have insurance through your provider on the device? if so just take it into the repair center and have them swap it out for you.
I'm past the 1 year manufacturer's warranty and I didn't pay for extra insurance. There is a shot I could have a 2 year warranty because I bought it on my Visa credit card but I'll have to check it out.

No, I don't think I got any water on it. I was using an alarm clock program (galarm_1.4.6 I believe) and that sucker could get LOUD.

I'm eligible for an upgrade with Sprint so I could get the Palm Pre for $200. I tried the Pre and I wasn't that impressed with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to churchi4cubs For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2009, 09:43 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by churchi4cubs View Post

I'm past the 1 year manufacturer's warranty and I didn't pay for extra insurance. There is a shot I could have a 2 year warranty because I bought it on my Visa credit card but I'll have to check it out.

No, I don't think I got any water on it. I was using an alarm clock program (galarm_1.4.6 I believe) and that sucker could get LOUD.

I'm eligible for an upgrade with Sprint so I could get the Palm Pre for $200. I tried the Pre and I wasn't that impressed with it.
if you can wait till the 8th you can upgrade to the touch pro 2........ or you could get a 50 buck ppc to hold you over and than sell when your done so you have a speaker.... got a ppc 6700 for sale hahhaa
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2009, 09:56 PM
My Phone Is Black
Mobile Model: The Mystery Diamond
Mobile Carrier: The Yellow Stripes

View Kiit408's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Kiit408's Photo Album Add Kiit408's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

pay a friend to swap with and then just go ahead and have them replace it for you if they have insurance... and dude that sucks...

i'm having a similar problem.. like i used to be able to hear really loud on my phone with volume all the way up.. now i can barely hear people talk... i have to press hard on my headphones and have to press hard against my ear just using basic phone features... but my volume on my music is freaking loud.. and my ringtone is low too.. so idk what the hell... o well got an upgrade in nov... so will wait for tp2 and will see what i can do... ;( hopefully it doesn't get as bad as yours lol.. sorry... ;O
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kiit408 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
blown, loudspeaker