Post New ThreadReply

Old 04-11-2009, 10:18 PM
montea montea is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: 8525
Mobile Carrier: Centennial Wireless
Mobile OS: 5.0

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View montea's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View montea's Photo Album Add montea's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
8525 ROM upgrade

Ok, I've been lurking around reading up on this becouse I'm completely clueless. I just bought an 8525 off EBAY, it's an AT&T 8525 unlocked. Running windows 5.0 I'm wanting to up grade the ROM to the touchflo 2d style, which I beleive from what I've read will also upgrade to windows 6.1. My question is: my carrier is Centennial Wireless, I know my sims card will work with this phone, but do I flash the AT&T ROM or do I need a ROM for Centennial wireless?
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:56 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: 8525 ROM upgrade

what you need is a GSM ROM that has 2d builtin to it. You will need to run the unlocker for flashing GSM ROMS if your phone isnt already unlocked for that...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BiG JeW For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2009, 11:00 PM

View montea's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View montea's Photo Album Add montea's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by 13iG Je\/\/ View Post

what you need is a GSM ROM that has 2d builtin to it. You will need to run the unlocker for flashing GSM ROMS if your phone isnt already unlocked for that...
OK, thanks for the info. I will do a search on GSM ROMS & see what I come up with.
The Following User Says Thank You to montea For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2009, 11:04 PM

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

you may want to look att xda. only becasue there are probably more GSM ROM there, but I am sure we have some here... Its a mogul at then end of the day, and thats a popular phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to BiG JeW For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2009, 12:12 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by 13iG Je\/\/ View Post

you may want to look att xda. only becasue there are probably more GSM ROM there, but I am sure we have some here... Its a mogul at then end of the day, and thats a popular phone.
changed that for you ppcgeeks is cdma xda is the gsm guys... come on now noob!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2009, 07:05 PM

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

changed that for you ppcgeeks is cdma xda is the gsm guys... come on now noob!!
Thanks for the info guys. Hopefully the phone gets here soon.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:07 PM

no problem... just be sure to press the thanks button if you havent already.

The Following User Says Thank You to BiG JeW For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2009, 08:42 PM

I found the Touchflo 2d cab on ppcgeeks, I can't seem to find everything that is included in the ROM. Can someone please verify that this ROM will up grade me to WM6.1. My phone is running WM5.0. & I want to get WM 6.0 or higher.

Thanks

--------- New Post Merged on 12/4/2009 at 0952 --------

“ Originally Posted by montea View Post

I found the Touchflo 2d cab on ppcgeeks, I can't seem to find everything that is included in the ROM. Can someone please verify that this ROM will up grade me to WM6.1. My phone is running WM5.0. & I want to get WM 6.0 or higher.

Thanks
Never mind found the answer.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:07 PM

Ok, I got this phone off ebay. It came with a link to this ROM,

Code

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/showthread.php?t=174399&highlight=8525
, to upgrade the WM5.0 to WM6.0. I flashed this ROM as well as Touchflo 2d for GMS. My carrier is Centennial wireless. It is an AT&T phone that is unlocked. My problem is that I can't get the phone to connect to the internet using the centennial network GPRS(EDGE). It works great with my Wi-Fi connection. It appears to connect, I get connection conformation, but I get this error when I try to connect to any websites:

"the page cnnnot be displayed becouse the server could not be found or a DNS error occurred"

any suggestion? Thanks for your time!
Old 04-14-2009, 08:00 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Ok, I got this phone off ebay. It came with a link to this ROM,

Code

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/showthread.php?t=174399&highlight=8525
, to upgrade the WM5.0 to WM6.0. I flashed this ROM as well as Touchflo 2d for GMS. My carrier is Centennial wireless. It is an AT&T phone that is unlocked. My problem is that I can't get the phone to connect to the internet using the centennial network GPRS(EDGE). It works great with my Wi-Fi connection. It appears to connect, I get connection conformation, but I get this error when I try to connect to any websites:

"the page cnnnot be displayed becouse the server could not be found or a DNS error occurred"

any suggestion? Thanks for your time!
thats the link to the stock rom that can also be found at htc's website.... for all your apps and games needs you can come to us at spj and for custom roms with 6.1 and touchflo 2d you would have to go to xda and get the custom roms there..... just be sure to follow the steps to flashing the device.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2009, 08:09 PM

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

thats the link to the stock rom that can also be found at htc's website.... for all your apps and games needs you can come to us at spj and for custom roms with 6.1 and touchflo 2d you would have to go to xda and get the custom roms there..... just be sure to follow the steps to flashing the device.

thanks, I was just over @ XDA & downloaded a new ROM.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:35 PM

thanks, I was just over @ XDA & downloaded a new ROM.
good luck and let us know how it all works out for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2009, 02:38 PM

Flashed a ROM from JoshKoss on XDA last night & everything is working great. I can't beleive how fast this thing is running. I'm simply amazed. Thanks for the info guys.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to montea For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2009, 12:14 PM
Mobile Model: HTC 8525
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile
Mobile OS: 6.1

View roskha's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View roskha's Photo Album Add roskha's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Gentlemen, good afternoon:

I am in the same situation as Montea: bought an 8525 off ebay (just yesterday), the phone is unlocked, originall AT&T, runs Windows 5.0. Also received the link, might be the same seller. The problem is I know nothing about how to upgrade the phones, roms and flashing the device. Monea, could you please let me know which ROM have you used from XDA? Do I need to do anything besides kicking off the installation? All help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for you time.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:22 PM
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by roskha View Post

Gentlemen, good afternoon:

I am in the same situation as Montea: bought an 8525 off ebay (just yesterday), the phone is unlocked, originall AT&T, runs Windows 5.0. Also received the link, might be the same seller. The problem is I know nothing about how to upgrade the phones, roms and flashing the device. Monea, could you please let me know which ROM have you used from XDA? Do I need to do anything besides kicking off the installation? All help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for you time.

hi first off all you have to make members introdution here https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/forumdisplay.php?f=13 and second go to xda search for your device on top of the section theres a stiky thread how to flash and unlock your phone here its al cdma oke and come back here for apps themes and so much more

GRTZ WEESJE
MODERATOR@SPJ

The Following User Says Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2009, 08:41 AM

View roskha's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View roskha's Photo Album Add roskha's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Thank you for your prompt reply. I was doing a lot of reading and found 2 recommended ways of flashing Hard SPL on the phone.

1) Use ruu_signed.nbh file from Hard-SPL version 7 and the ruuWrapper.exe from SSPL-Herm.zip. Perform flashing, using the MicroSD card and the phone.

2) Perform flashing using ActiveSync and just use one Hard-SPL version 7.

Also, some advocate putting a stripped rom first (in my case it will be official AT&T WM6 striped.zip) before putting any preferred rom.

Which way would you recommend?

Thank you.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:58 AM
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thank you for your prompt reply. I was doing a lot of reading and found 2 recommended ways of flashing hard spl on the phone.

1) use ruu_signed.nbh file from hard-spl version 7 and the ruuwrapper.exe from sspl-herm.zip. Perform flashing, using the microsd card and the phone.

2) perform flashing using activesync and just use one hard-spl version 7.

Also, some advocate putting a stripped rom first (in my case it will be official at&t wm6 striped.zip) before putting any preferred rom.

Which way would you recommend?

Thank you.
hi is this not better you ask this at xda and not here and i prever threu activ syn or mobile device center never flasht from storage card i prefer the other way but need any help ask there since the can help you better whit this

grtz weesje
moderator@spj

Old 05-24-2009, 11:52 AM

ok basically this is how you will want to flash your device and is what i did to my hermes.

heres how to do via cards:

================================================== =====
CID ULOCKING PHONE (SIM UNLOCK)
This is a patched radio ROM that can be used to remove the Operator SIM lock and CID lock from HTC Hermes based telephones. This new version also includes HardSPL patched bootloader to show always as SuperCID and allow to flash unsigned code.

It can be used in all HTC Hermes devices, no matter which bootloader version the device is running.
NOTE: For x01ht post April devices, see this thread.

Disclaimer:
This is free to use but at your own risk, I take no responsibility for any conflict, fault, or damage caused to your phone by this unlocking procedure. No warranties of any kind are given. Any commercial usage prohibited.

http://pof.eslack.org/hermes-unlocker/

Install Instructions:
Easy auto-install Instructions:

1. Unzip unlocker and run AUTO_Unlock_v3a.bat

If you don't want to install automatically, or for some reason the process doesn't work for you, read the file Instructions.txt.

Thanks to:
  • buzz_lightyear, itsme, vijay555, arc, Asukal, machinagod, esteve - for the wise advice and support
  • Des and Olipro - for SSPL and HardSPL, everybody praise them!
  • everyone else in xda-developers.com

History:
v3a [03-04-2007] - New RUU will make sure HardSPL-1.40 is installed before flashing the radio
Now the unlocking process is faster & safer
Fixed bug where IPL was downgraded to 1.00
v3 [11-02-2007] - Herm_Unlock_v3.exe now allows you to select SIM / CID unlock separately
Thanks to SSPL it can be used in all bootloader versions
Patched radio is now provided in NBH format
It keeps the current bootloader on phone (does not downgrade SPL).
v2a [14-11-2006] - bugfix release, thanks to all who reported the problems!
(hopefully) fixed bug where unlock code has to be entered manually
(hopefully) fixed bug where SuperCID was not kept after rom upgrades in some cases
v2 [12-11-2006] - updated to patched radio 1.16
unlocking software provided (HERM_Unlock_v2.exe): thanks buzz for the source of UNI_Unlock_v1 ;-)
SuperCID is now kept after rom upgrades :-)
v1 [05-11-2006] - patched radio 1.13
unlock manually

Donations:
I spent some time and money developing this free unlocker, there's no need to pay me for that, but donations are always appreciated.

Download:
HTC_Hermes_SIM_CID_Unlock_v3a.zip
Enjoy!
================================================== =====

Hermes SD Card flashing

This page describes how to upgrade your Hermes ROM using an SD Card. This is useful for:
Linux and Mac users: you don't need windows to upgrade the ROM
Flashing preproduction versions of the Hermes

HERMIMG.nbh on a FAT32 filesystem

1. Empty (erase the contents) of your [COLOR=#0072BC ! important][COLOR=#0072BC ! important]microSD [COLOR=#0072BC ! important]card[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] from the Windows Mobile file explorer or format it from your computer using a card reader (in some cases format doesn't work).

2. Extract the .NBH file from your prefered ROM upgrade: In windows use winrar (right click) to extract the contents of the exe file. In Linux / MacOS use cabextract.

3. Rename the .NBH file to HERMIMG.nbh and copy it to the root folder of your microSD card.

4. With microSD card inserted on the [COLOR=#0072BC ! important][COLOR=#0072BC ! important]phone[/COLOR][/COLOR]
, start the bootloader (hold Ok button on left side and POWER button at same time and stick with stylus in RESET on bottom).

5. You should see the screen pictured on the left, confirm flashing on screen by pressing the power button.

6. Flashing might hang after some time but this is normal. Just wait. Complete flash takes about 30 minutes, so check your battery or connect to [COLOR=#0072BC ! important][COLOR=#0072BC ! important]charger[/COLOR][/COLOR] before the flashing process starts.

For normal (non preproduction) devices keep in mind that if the CID does not match the flashing will not work. The CID for each ROM is listed on the Hermes Upgrades page. You can see your device's CID using info 2 bootloader command or using GetDeviceData.exe

SuperCID devices are able to flash any NBH image using this method.

=========================================
Flashing HardSPL v7 on HTC Hermes
Requirements:
This guide is intended for use on the following devices:
  • HTC TyTN
  • O2 XDA Trion
  • T-Mobile MDA Vario II
  • Vodafone
    o 1605 VPA Compact III
    o PDA 1605
  • Orange SPV M3100
  • Dopod
    o CHT 9000
    o 838 Pro
  • DoCoMo HTC Z
  • Qtek 9600
  • iMate JasJam
  • Cingular 8525
  • Swisscom XPA v1605
  • SoftBank X01HT

Language: Universal
Release Date: February 8, 2008
By the end of this guide your Hermes will have the following:

* SPL (Bootloader) version 2.10.Olipro (HardSPL v7)

DISCLAIMER: Carrying out the operations discussed in this guide will invalidate any manufacturers or carriers warranty and by following this guide YOU take responsibility for this. This upgrade guide is what it says (a guide) and I take no responsibility for any problems which occur due to use of this guide, by following the instructions EXACTLY there should be very little chance of a ruined device.

To carry this upgrade out please make sure you have a copy of WinRAR to extract the archive, and also that your system has the latest .net framework installed before continuing.
WINDOWS VISTA USERS as long as you have the latest WMDC you should be ok, if not try the method suggested here first.

This modified bootloader allows the flashing of any ROM to the device (regardless of the CID) and can help to prevent damage to the device if a failed radio flash occurs (since it doesn't read the CID a corrupt one will not present a problem). Your SPL and IPL are also safeguarded against a bad flashing process. This version will update your IPL version to 1.04 and your SPL version to 2.10.olipro

The first stage of this process is to determine which SPL(bootloader) you have on your device. To do this press and hold both the side OK button and the power button and then press the reset button by putting the stylus into the hole in the bottom of the device. Your device will enter the bootloader and display which IPL and SPL versions are on the device. Make a note of the SPL version on the device, we will use this in a minute. Now do a soft reset (again put your stylus in the hole on the bottom of the device, dont press any other buttons).

If your SPL version is 2.10.olipro then YOU ALREADY HAVE HardSPLv7. You do not need to flash it again.

Next download HardSPLv7 from HERE, then unzip it into a folder on your pc. We shall call this folder 'HardSPL' and it should contain the files below:

The upgrade is pretty painless because the updater pushes another modified SPL to the device which also bypasses the CID check. When running the updater you may be alerted by the device to allow this modified SPL (SSPL by Des) to run, ALWAYS allow this as it will be used at every upgrade point in this guide.

The next stage is to connect your device to the pc using activesync (use the USB cable, DO NOT SYNC WITH BLUETOOTH or WIFI). Once activesync has done its stuff and settled down (message says 'synchronised') go into the newly created folder on the pc and run "RUUWrapper.exe"

Now for the updating process:

You will be presented with the screen shown below:

select the RED OPTION
Now click next.
Now follow the next instructions EXACTLY

Tick the box and press Next

again, tick the box and press Next

Click Update

Click Next

finally, press Next again and the update will start.
The updater will flash the new SPL and then restart your device (this will take generally less than a minute).

Once this has completed and you are back to the today screen confirm this has been successful by entering the bootloader, to do this press and hold both the side OK button and the power button and then press the reset button by putting the stylus into the hole in the bottom of the device. The screen should look like below:

NOTE:: your device may say HERM100,200 or 300 depending on the model

hope this helps and let me know how it goes.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2009, 01:37 PM

Matt, thank you. I am trying to understand the difference between using multiple files and MicroSD card, and ActiveSync installation of just HardSPL v.7. What are the advantages/disadvantages, which way did you do it?

Do I have to flash HardSPL before I do the unlocking?

I saw the youtube video with your Mogul rom. Very impressive. Will that rom work on my Hermes 8525?
Old 05-24-2009, 02:54 PM

Matt, thank you. I am trying to understand the difference between using multiple files and MicroSD card, and ActiveSync installation of just HardSPL v.7. What are the advantages/disadvantages, which way did you do it?

Do I have to flash HardSPL before I do the unlocking?

I saw the youtube video with your Mogul rom. Very impressive. Will that rom work on my Hermes 8525?
hardspl is the unlocking of the device to allow custom roms to be flashed... the cid unlocking is if you want to unlock so you can use different gsm carriers sim cards in your device.... and for flashing via sd card or pc it doesnt make a difference besides card being slightly faster. i did everytihng when i had my hermes right through pc since that way is actually easier for me to do since i dont want to have to be messing with sd cards all the time and getting them mixed up..... and no roms are carrier specific but heres a link to my hermes i did all transformered out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6--IoblMS_0
Old 05-24-2009, 03:35 PM

The rom you created is excellent. Can I download it?

Security Unlocked is needed if I flash a radio rom. I haven't gotten to the Radio roms part in my learning just yet. Do I need a new radio rom?

Here are the steps I have to go through:

1) The phone I bought is supposed to be unocked. If it is not, I will first have to unlock it by running AUTO_Unlock_v3a.bat. That will take care of SIM unlocking.

2) After the phone is SIM unlocked, I will flash HardSPL Version 7 using ActiveSync.

3) Flash a cooked rom.

Did I miss anything?

Thank you.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:45 PM

The rom you created is excellent. Can I download it?

Security Unlocked is needed if I flash a radio rom. I haven't gotten to the Radio roms part in my learning just yet. Do I need a new radio rom?

Here are the steps I have to go through:

1) The phone I bought is supposed to be unocked. If it is not, I will first have to unlock it by running AUTO_Unlock_v3a.bat. That will take care of SIM unlocking.

2) After the phone is SIM unlocked, I will flash HardSPL Version 7 using ActiveSync.

3) Flash a cooked rom.

Did I miss anything?

Thank you.
radio is what will give you signal and yes you will need to update that and you can find at xda-developers.... and the rom is the operating system like xp or vista remember.... if its unlocked people dont lie about that and doesnt matter if you are using native sim card in it.... nope you iddnt miss anything.... unlock phones bootloader using hardspl, add radio, flash rom, DONE.|
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
8525, rom, upgrade