Post New ThreadReply

Old 08-17-2009, 11:27 PM
n1nj4Lo n1nj4Lo is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC PPC-6800
Mobile Carrier: metroPCS
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View n1nj4Lo's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View n1nj4Lo's Photo Album Add n1nj4Lo's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
iFonz vs FreeStyl vs iPhoneToday

Which would you choose and why?

I'm asking cause my friend wants to transform his phone into an iPhone or something, so which has the biggest and best bang with most customizability and what not.. Thanks for your input..
The Following User Says Thank You to n1nj4Lo For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2009, 02:31 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: iFonz vs FreeStyl vs iPhoneToday

“ Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo View Post

Which would you choose and why?

I'm asking cause my friend wants to transform his phone into an iPhone or something, so which has the biggest and best bang with most customizability and what not.. Thanks for your input..
your friend right.... hahahhhahahaa i dont know many that still use the iphone interfaces any longer.... the most complete that i have found are the WAD versions.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2009, 02:37 AM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

your friend right.... hahahhhahahaa i dont know many that still use the iphone interfaces any longer.... the most complete that i have found are the WAD versions.
i agree, wisbar advanced desktop is more customizable than any UI out right now, iPhone look-alike or not. They have the icon packs so you can make your own custome theme and before you know it your "friend" will have his iphone theme (yuck) and have it be more customizable than the actual iPhone device....

I really think you should look into more productive UI's such as touch flo 3d 2 / titanium / WAD with a non-iphone theme. The reason being is the iphone UI is all just shortcut icons, its like having windows and cluttering your desktop with a bunch of icons...why not have the information that you want in front of you as soon as your screen comes on instead of having to go through 3 different screens of icons to get to your weather the weather icon, which then has to load the weather app... iphone ui, although pretty, is not efficient..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2009, 02:47 AM

View n1nj4Lo's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View n1nj4Lo's Photo Album Add n1nj4Lo's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

No seriously dude, I'm happy and very content with SPB Mobile Shell on my new Samsung SCH-i760, I gave my best friend my HTC Mogul and we got it turned on through metroPCS for him.. I tried to turn him onto SPB Mobile Shell and he didn't like it and asked me to help him make it look like an iPhone..

/me Looks up..

Yewp as I said before my friend you can only imagine how I felt when I heard he wanted to transform it into an iPhone, especially for me... Someone who despises iPhones... haha
Old 08-18-2009, 02:49 AM
The VenumX Factor

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo View Post

No seriously dude, I'm happy and very content with SPB Mobile Shell on my new Samsung SCH-i760, I gave my best friend my HTC Mogul and we got it turned on through metroPCS for him.. I tried to turn him onto SPB Mobile Shell and he didn't like it and asked me to help him make it look like an iPhone..

/me Looks up..

Yewp as I said before my friend you can only imagine how I felt when I heard he wanted to transform it into an iPhone, especially for me... Someone who despises iPhones... haha
photoshopped! LOL jk.. nah it's cool bro we just messin with ya...but really if you REALLY want and iPhone UI you should customize WAD as it is the most customizable.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2009, 02:59 AM

“ Originally Posted by VenumX View Post

photoshopped! LOL jk.. nah it's cool bro we just messin with ya...but really if you REALLY want and iPhone UI you should customize WAD as it is the most customizable.
haha I don't... My friend does gah grrr.. LMAO..

I honestly think the iPhone theme looks yucky jus like someone else said.. It looks like a windows desktop with shortcuts all over it.. BLaaaaaH!!! Not very pleasing to the eyes or the fingers...

I only think of the iPhone as a SmartPhone for Dummies and Scene Kiddies.. It's a gateway to better and more powerful phones, but of course theres always going to be those MacXCore people who refuse to look at anything but an iPhone...

But lets see what are some simple yet complex Skinners/Themes, UI App's?

I first started out on PointUI 1.5.1 I think, then tried a lot of others, honestly found WAD to be confusing with all the different files for theming, add this, modify that, create this yaddah yaddah et cetera.. I've always came back to SPB Mobile Shell with the aid of MortScript, even finally had M2D on my Mogul, didn't care for it sense it wasn't landscape friendly and was disappointed by PointUI's newest release, ThrottleLauncher is cool and easy, jus still buggy with certain themes.. Never once thought about tryin to make it look like an iPhone..

I told him I was going to show him some other better themes, so I'm trying to round up all the possibilities..
Old 08-18-2009, 03:07 AM
The VenumX Factor

ok well try iphonetoday, i suppose it is the lesser of two evils. the reason i choose this is the xda developer that has put his heart in soul into the app is still updating the application and STILL has his heart and soul in development. he also plans on adding more features than it currently has...so its always going to be improving...GO WITH IT

The Following User Says Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2009, 03:15 AM

“ Originally Posted by VenumX View Post

ok well try iphonetoday, i suppose it is the lesser of two evils. the reason i choose this is the xda developer that has put his heart in soul into the app is still updating the application and STILL has his heart and soul in development. he also plans on adding more features than it currently has...so its always going to be improving...GO WITH IT
Thats what I was thinking to it also uses WAD supposedly, I like the fact that it's very small, so we wouldn't have to worry about tryin to decide what app's to remove from his device.. Plus it doesn't seem to use .NET CompactFlash or Adobe Flash Light...

I'm jus tryin to figure out how to turn him onto other UI enhancements...

But I'm also tryin to get him more into the phone, last I heard a few days ago he said it was way too complicated for him then a day after he said that he said he's gunna try it out awhile longer and see if he can get the hang of it.. LoL.. I think it's slowly growing on him, otherwise he would've still been hellbent on gettin his old phone switched back on.. hah
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
freestyl, ifonz, iphonetoday