Post New ThreadReply

Old 08-23-2009, 09:29 AM
jdep1 jdep1 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: tmobile wing
Mobile Carrier: tmobile
Mobile OS: 6.5

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View jdep1's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jdep1's Photo Album Add jdep1's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
help with wing

ok i got a refurbished wing about 1 month ago and since then it was working great better than my old one because my old one was messed up for having it overclocked too high after a long use of the oc. So once i customized the new1 to my own needs & removed all the crap i didnt need exct.. it was perfect until the pass 2 days i had the weirdest problem it started slowing down excessively, specially when I would open the keyboard or would try to type in the screen eventually it would freeze up so what I did:
1.I thought it was a program that was making it eat my ram but memory was 20.78mb free either way I did like 3 soft resets in a row got tired so did a hard reset after.
2.After that I was exhausted to mess around with it so the next day when I started using it It was working fine but after like 30min of use it started doing the same thing even after a soft reset & cleaning my ram . 1 thing that was different was that I got a “black” screen in before I did the soft reset after that it was back to normal.
Could it be that there is a Hardware issue because its refurbished? Could it be that its heating up too fast? Any help would be appreciated.. I could always turn it in but hate tha process
Old 08-23-2009, 10:21 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: help with wing

“ Originally Posted by jdep1 View Post

ok i got a refurbished wing about 1 month ago and since then it was working great better than my old one because my old one was messed up for having it overclocked too high after a long use of the oc. So once i customized the new1 to my own needs & removed all the crap i didnt need exct.. it was perfect until the pass 2 days i had the weirdest problem it started slowing down excessively, specially when I would open the keyboard or would try to type in the screen eventually it would freeze up so what I did:
1.I thought it was a program that was making it eat my ram but memory was 20.78mb free either way I did like 3 soft resets in a row got tired so did a hard reset after.
2.After that I was exhausted to mess around with it so the next day when I started using it It was working fine but after like 30min of use it started doing the same thing even after a soft reset & cleaning my ram . 1 thing that was different was that I got a “black” screen in before I did the soft reset after that it was back to normal.
Could it be that there is a Hardware issue because its refurbished? Could it be that its heating up too fast? Any help would be appreciated.. I could always turn it in but hate tha process
sounds like either a rom issue or internals...... do you have a custom rom or is it stock? if custom what one? have you tried hard reset again and see what that does on stocker? (if not on there already) other than that sounds like hardware asnd you may have to turn it in...... the refurbs are known to be garbage and i would try to get a non refurb from them and just tell them about all the bad luck with refurbs and be nice but strict about it.... t-mobiile is pretty cool in that type of stuff though, i take care of my moms account through t-mobile and only had to call once asnd thry surprisingly took care of the problems riught than and there. let us know if any of that works for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2009, 11:43 AM
jdep1 jdep1 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: tmobile wing
Mobile Carrier: tmobile

View jdep1's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jdep1's Photo Album Add jdep1's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

sounds like either a rom issue or internals...... do you have a custom rom or is it stock? if custom what one? have you tried hard reset again and see what that does on stocker? (if not on there already) other than that sounds like hardware asnd you may have to turn it in...... the refurbs are known to be garbage and i would try to get a non refurb from them and just tell them about all the bad luck with refurbs and be nice but strict about it.... t-mobiile is pretty cool in that type of stuff though, i take care of my moms account through t-mobile and only had to call once asnd thry surprisingly took care of the problems riught than and there. let us know if any of that works for you.
thanks dash for the help but i do have the stock rom on this phone & i already did my 2nd hard reset so that today i could test it in stock mode no apps installed just to make sure that it is the phone because like i said i looks like after bout 30min of use its when it stars acting up
Old 08-23-2009, 12:38 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by jdep1 View Post

thanks dash for the help but i do have the stock rom on this phone & i already did my 2nd hard reset so that today i could test it in stock mode no apps installed just to make sure that it is the phone because like i said i looks like after bout 30min of use its when it stars acting up
sounds like the hardware is failing causing the overheating and the problems..... i would take it into a repair center and tell them to wait for about 30 minutes and see what it does to them..... if they cant fix it they owe you a replacement and tell them these refurbs are garbage and are always filled with bugs and that you just want a device that works.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
wing