puertoblack2003 puertoblack2003 is offline   Thread Starter  
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
layout and store

as you guys noticed we have implemented a new layout that will match the new spjaccessories store...the main page will be the store then the forum...the correct url will be www.smartphonejunkie.org/forums for the forum and the front page is www.smartphonejunkie.org

at this moment you will notice some errors if you can whatever browser you on clear cache.cookies and web browser then log back on and all should be clear...At this time I'm only working on one skin at this time,Once that i have that sorted out with out issues then i'll tackle the rest..

the thread will be closed till I'm fully finish.It will be open when I'm satisfied that everything is completed.

thanks

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 09-08-2009, 01:39 PM
OG Member

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: layout and store

ok guys so far everything is completed i will post a brief intro to where spj is heading too and what has been done.

1. As you noticed a new frontpage for spj.That will be the information to our new spj store upon other things,which was in the works for a few months thanks to Big Jew that have put it together.Not only spj will be your mobile review and tweaking site, but a one stop mobile accessories shop.Our shop is at spjaccessories.com

thanks Jew Dash,Our toots Venumx for the graphic work. if i missed someone i apologize.

2. There' has been a major skin changes trying to incorporate the word press frontpage skin with vbulletin main board page.I'm gonna tell you it was not easy.! after few trials and test run i thought that everything was good and it wasn't, so i had to start form scratch all over again.

At this moment there will be only one skin which it's the estoragepro v.1 skin. everything else was deleted and i will use this to do the sketch for the rest. like the dark,blue,red,purple,green.

I had to retain the skin name because even though i redesigned it to fit our board but because of copyright issue i have to keep the name as the accredited author of the skin

I want to ask everyone to please be patience, while i put the other skin together as time permits on my schedule.I will start with the dark skin first !!!!

3.I rearrange few hacks and features to better suit the board and optimization for the better of browsing experience.

A. Thank you hack -because we have the helpful answer hack that little thumb that sticks up.
what I've done was i only activated the thank you hack only for the first post.The helpful answer hack will be on every post.Now those hacks server the same purpose it will still give you rep power rather its a thank you or the helpful answer. The good thing is if you think that the post was lame you can use the thumb down which will take away a rep point...To check where you guys stand on the thank you, helpful answer and rep go to your profile everything is there.

B. forum layout.I know it got confusing but that is the future vb 4.0 look but someone was kinda enough and transform it to the younger version.I don't think I'll be upgrading because they are going to jack up the price and at this moment i wont spend that money to upgrade.Which it will still server the same purpose.The only thing that change was the looks.

C. Chat Box- there's a chat box on the top of the page. The only people that can view it is staff and the respect members which is vip and premium members. regular members are not allowed because of pass experience people didn't understand from no support in chat box and just bullshit chat.. And I'm gonna say it there's is no support in the chat box you will be banned from viewing in the chat box if the policy is not followed.

D. currently because we have move the file structure to accommodate the front page.the youtube video feature is not working correctly so i have disabled it. till i can get it to work.
Now we do have a video directory that serve the same purpose, and that can be found under community on the last line, you'll see the video directory link.

I will be working from time to time to finalize it before moving on to something else.

So if anyone is having issues browsing or any features that don't work before you post.First depending on your browser log out then clear cache, cookies and web history then close the browser.then log back in.

The site is currently optimized for FireFox, Safari, Opera Now Google Chrome And Internet Explorer Don't render well on certain hacks or mods. So i suggest using Firefox which its alot better.

thank you for your patience and understanding spj on the GO !!!!!!

Old 09-08-2009, 01:57 PM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet
Mobile Model: TP2, omnia, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Can You Hear Me Now
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 2,677 Times in 807 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View MikeyD's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View MikeyD's Photo Album Add MikeyD's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Thanks pb i love the direction you are taking us

Old 09-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

sweet thanks for the update there buddy couldnt have said it better myself if i tried. as per the direction we are in i love it to tell the truth, the only thing that worries me a little but will prolly be fine is the thanks system..... im going to rework my spj tour tonight so we can get that added to here as well....thanks again pb and damn does this place look great! i have got many of comments from people here at work that use the site religiously for all their needs on how great it looks and they wanted me tospread out the thanks for the work, i swear one of them almost came in his pants lmao
Old 09-08-2009, 03:27 PM
OG Member

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

sweet thanks for the update there buddy couldnt have said it better myself if i tried. as per the direction we are in i love it to tell the truth, the only thing that worries me a little but will prolly be fine is the thanks system..... im going to rework my spj tour tonight so we can get that added to here as well....thanks again pb and damn does this place look great! i have got many of comments from people here at work that use the site religiously for all their needs on how great it looks and they wanted me tospread out the thanks for the work, i swear one of them almost came in his pants lmao
yea i thought to incorporate the thank you and the helpful answer features.Being that the thank you will only show on the first post and the helpful answer would be in the rest of the post.Not only that it can be competitive rather the post is lame or not they can use the thumb up or down..lol

Old 09-08-2009, 03:38 PM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

looks good. pb.....need any help getting the dark skin back working let me know..........
Old 09-08-2009, 03:50 PM
OG Member

“ Originally Posted by kaos View Post

looks good. pb.....need any help getting the dark skin back working let me know..........

na it's cool now that i have the design layout for this skin everything else is cake walk

Old 09-08-2009, 06:32 PM
OG Member

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

na it's cool now that i have the design layout for this skin everything else is cake walk

ok you dark side addicts dark skin is partially completed. got to work on the google part and couple of other things...

Old 09-08-2009, 07:15 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

ok you dark side addicts dark skin is partially completed. got to work on the google part and couple of other things...
nice and once again thanks pb for all the work you have been doing we should remake big blacks (rob and big) double b logo into a pb logo cause he is doing work son!
Old 09-08-2009, 07:30 PM
OG Member

nice and once again thanks pb for all the work you have been doing we should remake big blacks (rob and big) double b logo into a pb logo cause he is doing work son!
hahahaah or Big C

Old 09-08-2009, 08:55 PM

hahahaah or Big C

hahahahha good ole aunesti i miss that cat.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:36 PM
Creativity Unleashed
Mobile Model: htc pro2 baby!!!!!!
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 4,467 Times in 1,422 Posts

View PHE-NOM's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PHE-NOM's Photo Album Add PHE-NOM's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hey guys, im not sure if it's been said already, but all the link within a thread directing you to an other thread are down because of the new layout. like if you go to the how to flash guide posted by dash, and you click on the link to take you to the unlocker, it will say not found......... i think it will be a LOT of work to go through all the threads and fix that.........

Old 09-08-2009, 10:55 PM
OG Member

“ Originally Posted by PHE-NOM View Post

hey guys, im not sure if it's been said already, but all the link within a thread directing you to an other thread are down because of the new layout. like if you go to the how to flash guide posted by dash, and you click on the link to take you to the unlocker, it will say not found......... i think it will be a LOT of work to go through all the threads and fix that.........
post the thread here i'm trying to create a htaccess file to redirect all links to the post

Old 09-08-2009, 11:11 PM
Creativity Unleashed

View PHE-NOM's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PHE-NOM's Photo Album Add PHE-NOM's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

post the thread here i'm trying to create a htaccess file to redirect all links to the post
okay, go here bro, and try the different links directing back to us, you will see what i mean....

Code

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/forums/showthread.php/flashing-roms-custom-153750.html?t=153750&highlight=unlocker

Old 09-08-2009, 11:14 PM
OG Member

okay, go here bro, and try the different links directing back to us, you will see what i mean....

Code

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/forums/showthread.php/flashing-roms-custom-153750.html?t=153750&highlight=unlocker

yea dashy has to adjust his url form his sig and add the forums/

Old 09-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Creativity Unleashed

yea dashy has to adjust his url form his sig and add the forums/
so any link that directs back to us has to be fixed individually? like our sig links, and any old links from the old layout? if so, we got a lot of work ahead of us brotha......

Old 09-08-2009, 11:24 PM
OG Member

so any link that directs back to us has to be fixed individually? like our sig links, and any old links from the old layout? if so, we got a lot of work ahead of us brotha......

na just your sig you just add the forums/ i already fixed everything else

Old 09-08-2009, 11:26 PM
Creativity Unleashed

thats why you're the boss! lol, thanks pb.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:28 PM

well pb all links do that for me even bookmarked ones, no matter what i get the cannot find and yes i did clear my cookies, and on top of that the thnaks and the thumbs up nd down arent appearing in all threads and the last thing that i have noticed is you have to scroll left and right all the time to see the whole page with the smilies and such being jammed to the right....so basically no thanks (thumbs) in many areas, no links working period going ot the site, and lots of scrolling from left to right across the screen..... also did you have to take the hide signature thing off to because if errors?
Old 09-09-2009, 12:34 PM

also are the tabs on top so the main page isnt so long coming back? and i have also noticed that the new posts sicne last visit in the upper right by where private messages box is at... i loved using that and was the only way that i could keep up.... are both of them coming back by any chance? and also noticed that the blog says it isnt there anymore..... did you remove that pb?
Old 09-09-2009, 01:33 PM
OG Member

everybody please clear cache and cookies. i did a boo boo on the domain name it was suppose to be forum.www.smartphonejunkie.org

thanks

Old 09-09-2009, 02:51 PM

everybody please clear cache and cookies. i did a boo boo on the domain name it was suppose to be forum.www.smartphonejunkie.org

thanks
hahahahahahahaha thanks pb and will do, i see the other errors i mentiond were fixed including the unread posts, the blog, etc...... still certain threads dont have the thumbs up and down per say or the thanks, all they have is the scale right up top hiding that many dont know is there, but let me know when you are done and ill get started on the new SPJ tour.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:26 PM
OG Member

also are the tabs on top so the main page isnt so long coming back? and i have also noticed that the new posts sicne last visit in the upper right by where private messages box is at... i loved using that and was the only way that i could keep up.... are both of them coming back by any chance? and also noticed that the blog says it isnt there anymore..... did you remove that pb?

ok site domain was fixed and redirecting properly.now all forum has the helpful answer on each post activated and the thank you mod on the first post only...both hack serves the same purpose you will still get rep.!!! still having issue with youtube.I found out once i change domain placement i have to update my license. so waiting on that.

Old 09-09-2009, 05:50 PM
mzlady26
Mobile Model: Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT

View mzlady26's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mzlady26's Photo Album Add mzlady26's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

PB I would just like to take time out to say THANK YOU for all of your hard work with the site. I did hit the TY button but I can only hit it once. I know it is not easy do get this done and I know it is a lot of work. Once you have things up and running just the way you like it I am sure you will be happy. I would also like to thank the rest of the crew for the support and help they have given you and the work they have done for the site. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU and keep up the good work!!!!
Old 09-09-2009, 05:59 PM
OG Member

“ Originally Posted by mzlady26 View Post

PB I would just like to take time out to say THANK YOU for all of your hard work with the site. I did hit the TY button but I can only hit it once. I know it is not easy do get this done and I know it is a lot of work. Once you have things up and running just the way you like it I am sure you will be happy. I would also like to thank the rest of the crew for the support and help they have given you and the work they have done for the site. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU and keep up the good work!!!!
loll thank you for the comment, spj is always thriving to be successful and user friendly. Plus we always on the go...

Old 09-09-2009, 09:21 PM

ok site domain was fixed and redirecting properly.now all forum has the helpful answer on each post activated and the thank you mod on the first post only...both hack serves the same purpose you will still get rep.!!! still having issue with youtube.I found out once i change domain placement i have to update my license. so waiting on that.

word thanks again for the update pb
Old 09-09-2009, 10:38 PM
Supporter
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro/HERO
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

View forty01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View forty01's Photo Album Add forty01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Update is looking great PB. I know you and the crew have been putting a lot of time into getting this accomplished. Gotta change with the times and you're doing a great job at making that happen. Keep it up, thanks.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:58 AM
Mobile Model: touch pro

Thanked 1,383 Times in 489 Posts

View parna1973's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View parna1973's Photo Album Add parna1973's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thought i used this thread hopefully im posting on right one....everything is working good....the only thing is the thnxs button has been removed any body confirmed that or is it somewhere in this new layout....thnxs pb great work

Old 09-10-2009, 09:32 AM
Supporter
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro/HERO

View forty01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View forty01's Photo Album Add forty01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

They did remove it and are now utilizing the "Did you find this post helpful button?"

Old 09-10-2009, 09:36 AM
Mobile Model: touch pro

Thanked 1,383 Times in 489 Posts

View parna1973's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View parna1973's Photo Album Add parna1973's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by forty01 View Post

They did remove it and are now utilizing the "Did you find this post helpful button?"
hey thnxs forty i thought they did just making sure....thnxs for reply...peez

Old 09-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Great job on the quote rectangle bro this makes threads look amazing ur doing it big bro best looking mobile site out there

Old 09-10-2009, 11:48 AM
OG Member

“ Originally Posted by forty01 View Post

read from post one and up it was explained already of the setup

Old 09-12-2009, 10:26 PM
OG Member

wow forgot to mentioned with all the drama and hype that went on for the last couple of days

ok the red,purple and green skin our backup and fully customized you can view it by going to the bottom of the page and hit the little color squares or you can change it in your user control panel

Old 09-13-2009, 01:14 AM

wow forgot to mentioned with all the drama and hype that went on for the last couple of days

ok the red,purple and green skin our backup and fully customized you can view it by going to the bottom of the page and hit the little color squares or you can change it in your user control panel
sweet thanks again pb for all that you do here since o know making all the templates and such like you did right here arent the easiest thing to do and can be very time consuming.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:02 PM
OG Member

Also i forgot to mention spj can be viewed in all browser..I made sure and i have installed all browser for compatibility which it was not easy, it can be viewed on opera,safari,chrome,IE and Firefox. spj is better viewed on firefox anyways.The only issue i saw and read it somewhere something in IE when you download a zip or rar IE will break the zip fle and make it corrupted..it has something to do with there scripts but all other browser is fine.

I think i'm done i will not mess with the board unless there's an error i fine or any of the mods is scheduled for an update...lol

pb

Old 09-13-2009, 07:47 PM

Also i forgot to mention spj can be viewed in all browser..I made sure and i have installed all browser for compatibility which it was not easy, it can be viewed on opera,safari,chrome,IE and Firefox. spj is better viewed on firefox anyways.The only issue i saw and read it somewhere something in IE when you download a zip or rar IE will break the zip fle and make it corrupted..it has something to do with there scripts but all other browser is fine.

I think i'm done i will not mess with the board unless there's an error i fine or any of the mods is scheduled for an update...lol

pb

hahahahaa yea right you will keep doing your thang and you know it, that would be like me putting down my smartphone and getting a katana lmao
Old 09-13-2009, 07:54 PM
OG Member

hahahahaa yea right you will keep doing your thang and you know it, that would be like me putting down my smartphone and getting a katana lmao

hahahah everything else is done....now i have to start posting and bring my ratings backup...lol

Old 09-13-2009, 07:56 PM

hahahah everything else is done....now i have to start posting and bring my ratings backup...lol

hahahaha dont want these guys passing you huh? doesnt seem like to long ago you were telling me i had a ways to go to catch up to you still lmao , now get on it you are playing my role now, catch up pb! hahahhaa
Old 09-13-2009, 07:59 PM
OG Member

hahahaha dont want these guys passing you huh? doesnt seem like to long ago you were telling me i had a ways to go to catch up to you still lmao , now get on it you are playing my role now, catch up pb! hahahhaa

hahahahaha time to do my mobile and program review so i can fill up the front page again, but i can't catch up to where you at those are months of posting.lol

Old 09-13-2009, 08:02 PM

hahahahaha time to do my mobile and program review so i can fill up the front page again, but i can't catch up to where you at those are months of posting.lol

hahaha word and see weesje is right on your tail too if he didnt pass you yet, and hell yeah cant wait to see what you do with the front page.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
layout, store