Notices

Mogul Phone as Modem w/o Wifi (Sprint Only?)

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05-21-2008, 11:24 PM
reebis44 reebis44 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 5.0

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View reebis44's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View reebis44's Photo Album Add reebis44's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Mogul Phone as Modem w/o Wifi (Sprint Only?)

I've searched and read through many of the posts and in every one about Phone as Modem that I've run across there is a program you must use. However, this isn't necessary with the sprint mogul (and likely other sprint wm5/6 ppc's). I haven't seen one that describes this method so I apologize if I missed someone else's thread and repeated. This thread is a tutorial for using the Mogul to connect to the internet with NO Wifi. I've written this in other threads but it would be hard to find. This is a service that sprint normally charges for so you must do these steps correctly or it wont connect. Well here it goes...

Benefits:
-No wifi needed
-Speeds as fast as your area's network
-Provides your PC with internet anywhere your phone has signal
-Can be used wirelessly via bluetooth or hardwired with USB

Steps:

1-Open Internet Sharing (Start>Programs>Internet Sharng)
2-Open your browser and ENSURE YOUR PHONE IS CONNECTED TO YOUR NETWORK
3-Choose Bluetooth PAN or USB from PC connection.
4-Make sure Sprint PCS is selected from Network Connection
5-Press connect BEFORE connecting the phone to the PC
Your phone should say "Check USB Cable Connection" OR "On the PC, Connect Bluetooth PAN"
6a-If using USB, connect the USB to the computer and phone
6b-If using bluetooth, select your ppc device from Network Access on your PC (phone and computer must have prior pairing, just like using bluetooth activesync)

You're set to go!

**NOTE** If you get error 67 it means that you did not read the ALL CAPS. restart your mogul and connect to the internet and press connect in the program BEFORE connecting to the PC.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:56 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Mogul/Sprint Touch

View AL_CAPONE_X3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View AL_CAPONE_X3's Photo Album Add AL_CAPONE_X3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Mogul Phone as Modem w/o Wifi (Sprint Only?)

this is an old method. i personally dont likerouter. but pdanet is highly recommended. i mean come on now wat can you lose. with pdanet the program is like an guarantee that you wont get any accidental charges since its an program designed to fool sprint when this one really isnt.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:01 AM
I930 User
Mobile Model: HTC Touch AKa Vogue
Mobile Carrier: boost unlimited

View lalo41's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View lalo41's Photo Album Add lalo41's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

it only works with sprint ?

Old 05-22-2008, 12:04 AM

View AL_CAPONE_X3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View AL_CAPONE_X3's Photo Album Add AL_CAPONE_X3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by lalo41 View Post

im not sure bro since i dont have anything else but sprunt. but i only seen this process setup instructions on the internet for sprint mogul so that could be true but im not sure but as i said above bro search for pdanet and use that. its way better. and safer at least thats in my eyes an opinions.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:05 AM

View reebis44's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View reebis44's Photo Album Add reebis44's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by AL_CAPONE_X3 View Post

this is an old method. i personally dont likerouter. but pdanet is highly recommended. i mean come on now wat can you lose. with pdanet the program is like an guarantee that you wont get any accidental charges since its an program designed to fool sprint when this one really isnt.
There can't be any accidental charges using this method. If the Sprint network recognizes what you're doing you'll get an error 67 code b/c it accesses your account and sees that you're not registered for access. This method bypasses that check. I've beed using it for about 7 months now and have never had a problem. I'm sure other programs work just as well, but they are just unnecessary.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:08 AM

“ Originally Posted by lalo41 View Post

Sorry, didn't see your question at first...I don't know if it only works with sprint, but I looked at a customer's vx6800 with verizon and the phone as modem program is different. I didn't really mess with it long but I didn't immediately see a way to do it.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:11 AM

“ Originally Posted by reebis44 View Post

There can't be any accidental charges using this method. If the Sprint network recognizes what you're doing you'll get an error 67 code b/c it accesses your account and sees that you're not registered for access. This method bypasses that check. I've beed using it for about 7 months now and have never had a problem. I'm sure other programs work just as well, but they are just unnecessary.
well i guess it comes down to personal preference. my prefernce and opinion is taking the time to download pdanet and install it on the computer and phone and thats it no problems. doesnt take no longer than 5 mins.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:15 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

well i guess it comes down to personal preference. my prefernce and opinion is taking the time to download pdanet and install it on the computer and phone and thats it no problems. doesnt take no longer than 5 mins.
i mysled am stuck on the newest drop of wmwifirouter myself.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:47 AM

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

i mysled am stuck on the newest drop of wmwifirouter myself.
ya i loved that program to but that was another one i was iffy on. i only use these programs if my internet on computer is down. you know?

Old 05-22-2008, 01:24 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

ya i loved that program to but that was another one i was iffy on. i only use these programs if my internet on computer is down. you know?
yeah same here or when im on car rides and it works great!!! doesnt take up hardly any space either.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:27 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Mogul

View VenpaCasa's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenpaCasa's Photo Album Add VenpaCasa's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I personally like this method because i can bridge and une my xbox360 on live and its fast. BUT im scared that ill get charge how can i ask sprint w/o really letting them know what im doing. if u understand my quetion lol
Old 06-02-2008, 03:39 PM

“ Originally Posted by VenpaCasa View Post

I personally like this method because i can bridge and une my xbox360 on live and its fast. BUT im scared that ill get charge how can i ask sprint w/o really letting them know what im doing. if u understand my quetion lol
you really cant but you can try pdanet
Old 06-02-2008, 04:07 PM

View VenpaCasa's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenpaCasa's Photo Album Add VenpaCasa's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

tryed it its a dial up connection and wont let me bridge
Old 06-02-2008, 04:10 PM

tryed it its a dial up connection and wont let me bridge

wmwifirouter try that one you need to wifi switch on but doesnt use wifi....
Old 06-02-2008, 04:12 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

you really cant but you can try pdanet

yep as dash said try that proggy out its easy as 1-2-3.

Old 06-02-2008, 06:33 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View make-ya-kri's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View make-ya-kri's Photo Album Add make-ya-kri's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Imma try this hope it works...
Old 06-02-2008, 11:42 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint TP
Mobile OS: 6.1

View sracercelica's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View sracercelica's Photo Album Add sracercelica's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

well i guess i will use this method cuz wifirouter isnt working anymore and pdanet ask's me to register every five min
Old 06-09-2008, 02:22 PM

well i was using wifirouter took me a lil bit to get it working but now it isnt workin..... if i have unlimited data with sprint in theory i shouldnt get charged right? well i have the 450 simply everything plan soo idk i been using this method lately
Old 06-09-2008, 08:50 PM

well i was using wifirouter took me a lil bit to get it working but now it isnt workin..... if i have unlimited data with sprint in theory i shouldnt get charged right? well i have the 450 simply everything plan soo idk i been using this method lately
That's correct. I've been using this method for nearly a year and I've never been charged. As I've said before, its impossible to "accidentally" be charged because your phone won't allow you to do it if it "catches" you. It will give you an error code. This method insures that your phone/Sprint won't "know" what you're doing. It thinks you're just using internet on your phone as usual.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:21 AM

that is effing sweet I been playing gta iv on xbox live w/o lag thank you sooooo much for real. Oh and can anyone like private message me on how to use sprint tv on my mogul sry I kno this isn't the spot for it but im very new to the site or any message board site thingy thanks u guys so much though
Old 06-10-2008, 02:46 AM

that is effing sweet I been playing gta iv on xbox live w/o lag thank you sooooo much for real. Oh and can anyone like private message me on how to use sprint tv on my mogul sry I kno this isn't the spot for it but im very new to the site or any message board site thingy thanks u guys so much though
do a search for sprint tv and than download the cab andf install it.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
modem, mogul, phone, sprint, w or o, wifi