Notices

touch pro sprint vs touch pro alltel

HTC Touch Pro Questions

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12-19-2008, 02:47 PM
Mistergabe Mistergabe is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch by HTC(VOGUE)

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View Mistergabe's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mistergabe's Photo Album Add Mistergabe's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
touch pro sprint vs touch pro alltel

is there any difference between the two, because sprint isnt working with me on giving me that touch pro, and alltel is planning on giving me the touch pro for free. should i do it or stay with sprint? i mean i like sprint and all but am really in need of a new phone.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:56 PM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: touch pro sprint vs touch pro alltel

did you talk to retentions department? tell them alltel offered you a new pro free... they should counter offer...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kaos For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2008, 03:08 PM

View Mistergabe's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mistergabe's Photo Album Add Mistergabe's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yes i talked to retentions twice, both said they could offer me a phone for free like the palm centro or the rumor, im like hell no!!.lol i have the touch why would i downgrade? ya know? but yeah they said they couldnt get it any cheaper than a new customer price because they are not allowed to do equipment credits. so i could only get the upgrade im eligible for and send in a mail in rebate!! that still was a lil too pricy for me.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:07 PM
This Website Is LEGIT!
Mobile Model: Touch Pro!
Mobile Carrier: Sprint Tha Shint!
Mobile OS: 6.5

View oracle646's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View oracle646's Photo Album Add oracle646's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Mistergabe View Post

yes i talked to retentions twice, both said they could offer me a phone for free like the palm centro or the rumor, im like hell no!!.lol i have the touch why would i downgrade? ya know? but yeah they said they couldnt get it any cheaper than a new customer price because they are not allowed to do equipment credits. so i could only get the upgrade im eligible for and send in a mail in rebate!! that still was a lil too pricy for me.
Just like Kaos said, try retentions...I know you alread have tried....but try and and again till you get it done. I had to call 5 times before I got someone who would help me out, and you have a better argument then I do. Be respectful and just stress to them that you will leave them. The end.......But that would be my route, try it, maybe you will get lucky..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oracle646 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2008, 04:17 PM

ok i will try it again, but i would have thought maybe i shouldnt start off with telling them i want a new phone, what if i just give the list of problems and i want to know if they can ship me one without these problems, ..seeing that the touch and mogul are on retired list and i am eligible for 150 upgrade do you think they will just ship me the next comparable phone to the touch?, thus making my time of debating a swap for touch pro free of charge. or should i just say give me touch pro?
Old 12-19-2008, 04:21 PM
This Website Is LEGIT!

View oracle646's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View oracle646's Photo Album Add oracle646's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yeah just play it smoothe don't demand a new phone. But say listen I am tired of the "issue's" I have had with the Touch, I am due for this upgrade amount, which still wouldn't give me the TP for free, when Alltell is offering me one blah blah, like I said try being respectful and say listen I know this isn't you fault I am just at my wits end with this mess. Blah Blah....Just work it. You will get it done.

The Following User Says Thank You to oracle646 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2008, 04:22 PM
Mobile Model: IMMA PRO
Mobile OS: 6.1

View hibby50's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View hibby50's Photo Album Add hibby50's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

sprint will probably have more support but they both really look the same cept im not sure how much ram the alltell ones got
The Following User Says Thank You to hibby50 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2008, 04:27 PM

ok thanks man, ill try that again and see what they say, but all in all if i just ask for a replacement, without any other questions, because i was supposed to be shipped a touch but they shipped it to wrong address, shouldnt they just say "we dont have touch phones anymore, they have been retired" and give me the upgrade to tp or td? or will they find me another touch.

with all being said alltel has offered me a free tp, does it matter that i switch? i would like to just beat all the complication with sprint and stay with them, but if they cant meet my needs i should right?
Old 12-19-2008, 04:28 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by oracle646 View Post

Just like Kaos said, try retentions...I know you alread have tried....but try and and again till you get it done. I had to call 5 times before I got someone who would help me out, and you have a better argument then I do. Be respectful and just stress to them that you will leave them. The end.......But that would be my route, try it, maybe you will get lucky..
def try more than once.... it just takes getting the right person, and remember be nice but stern and dont get angry until you have been on the phone for a little bit... trust me it is hard but if your nice about it they are more willing to talk to one of the bosses to see what they can do for you.... and if retentions doesnt work after another try call back retentions and when they answer tell them that you would like to be transferred over to escalated and than they might do something about it through retentions or escalated will almost def. help you out ..... and the whole thing about the computers not allowing is a lie since i know first hand how the system works since im a corporate employee and because hibby (a rom developer and member here) got his for 75 bones through them and got to keep his vogue on top of that.... so it is possible and just keep strong and try to rememebr what i said above... good luck to you and let us know how it works out in the end... keep us updated buddy :>
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2008, 04:30 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

ok thanks man, ill try that again and see what they say, but all in all if i just ask for a replacement, without any other questions, because i was supposed to be shipped a touch but they shipped it to wrong address, shouldnt they just say "we dont have touch phones anymore, they have been retired" and give me the upgrade to tp or td? or will they find me another touch.

with all being said alltel has offered me a free tp, does it matter that i switch? i would like to just beat all the complication with sprint and stay with them, but if they cant meet my needs i should right?
alltel overall is a very good company but i would try to stay away from them becasue within 2 years there are goingt o be all verizon and most likely start to cripple their devices as verizon does.... great customer service though. hibby was right they are the same and the main differences are the black battery cover compared to sprint silver and the stock TF3-D theme is different as well as the bloat ware... other than tat they are the same..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2008, 04:37 PM
This Website Is LEGIT!

Just listen to D/\sh he made a very good point about alltell going to verizon, 99% of the time verizon kills there phones.........So I think from my opinion and speaking for a lot of people on this site.....stick with sprint....Things for that company I fell are changing and def. are going to be and are better than all-tell......

The Following User Says Thank You to oracle646 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2008, 04:37 PM

ok so Dash, what about the part when i ask to be sent a new touch because mine is malfunctioning repetitively. how will they respond to that, with the touch and mogul being on the retired list.? will this be an easier route to getting my tp or td
Old 12-19-2008, 05:36 PM

ok so Dash, what about the part when i ask to be sent a new touch because mine is malfunctioning repetitively. how will they respond to that, with the touch and mogul being on the retired list.? will this be an easier route to getting my tp or td

--------- New Post Merged on 19/12/2008 at 0538 --------

oh ok so Dash, what about the part if i just ask if they can ship me a new touch seeing that i am having all these malfunctions with it, with the touch and mogul being on the retired list, do you think this will be an easier route to gettin them to swap my phone exchange for the tp or td or is this just gonna end up with another touch.?

--------- New Post Merged on 19/12/2008 at 0506 --------

sorry about the double post my computer shut down and i didnt know or think it went thru...
they should be fine, even though they are on the retired list they still have some in stock to sell at the stores and to also give replacements to people.... but you should still have a good shot if you have valid reason for an upgrade and all and you do .
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2008, 09:26 PM
Mobile Model: TOUCH PRO
Mobile Carrier: alltel

View HTCrokR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View HTCrokR's Photo Album Add HTCrokR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i have the alltel pro, love it, no problems with it,i have it running on stock rom and all pimped out. however like dash said, verizon will take over, and when my contract is up im probly switchin to sprint, b/c the next "Pro" replacement will have verizon wrote all aver it. and we need more custom roms for alltel pro, theres tons for sprint

The Following User Says Thank You to HTCrokR For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2008, 11:59 PM

ok hey thanks dash, ima take your advice to the fullest, and try this a few more times...lol i will let ya know how it goes and if i have any more ?'s ill run them by this thread again, thanks to all who responded to the thread, much love to SPJ.....
Old 12-20-2008, 01:19 AM
Huh What
Mobile Model: Touch, Diamond, Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

View Shenanigans's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Shenanigans's Photo Album Add Shenanigans's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Hey guys I am having issues with my touch diamond and want to upgrade to the pro for obvious reasons. I also have a brand new touch that they replaced for me after I had to buy a new diamond to replace my broken touch. Do you think retentions will exchange my diamond for a pro or maybe even my touch and diamond for a pro? I have been very happy with sprint for the past 10 years but am getting pissed at their support lately. I called one time and they tried telling me they dont do any kind of discounts anymore I called the chick a liar and hung up called someone else and they got me the plan i needed. Seems retentions is not as good as it used to be. BTW I have two lines from sprint both run full service. Idk let me know what you guys think
Old 12-20-2008, 03:05 PM
Mobile Model: IMMA PRO

View hibby50's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View hibby50's Photo Album Add hibby50's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Shenanigans View Post

Hey guys I am having issues with my touch diamond and want to upgrade to the pro for obvious reasons. I also have a brand new touch that they replaced for me after I had to buy a new diamond to replace my broken touch. Do you think retentions will exchange my diamond for a pro or maybe even my touch and diamond for a pro? I have been very happy with sprint for the past 10 years but am getting pissed at their support lately. I called one time and they tried telling me they dont do any kind of discounts anymore I called the chick a liar and hung up called someone else and they got me the plan i needed. Seems retentions is not as good as it used to be. BTW I have two lines from sprint both run full service. Idk let me know what you guys think
they will probably charge you the 50 dollar difference between the diamond and pro... especially if you are within 30 days
Old 12-20-2008, 09:29 PM

“ Originally Posted by Shenanigans View Post

you want to sell that touch and if so how much?
Old 12-20-2008, 09:32 PM

idk bout him but if I goto alltel just to get a free touch pro, ill sale my sprint touch to you. throw an offer. no scratches on it.

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

you want to sell that touch and if so how much?
Old 12-21-2008, 01:05 AM

idk bout him but if I goto alltel just to get a free touch pro, ill sale my sprint touch to you. throw an offer. no scratches on it.
what do you want out of it? im just looking to give it as a late by a couple day christmas gift for my bro.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:10 AM

I want to get a touch pro. I would like a touch pro with sprint so that I don have to switch phone companies but otherwise that... if that answers your question.

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

what do you want out of it? im just looking to give it as a late by a couple day christmas gift for my bro.
--------- New Post Merged on 21/12/2008 at 0350 --------

what do i want out of it? i mean cash if thats what your talkin bout other than that i am trying to get a tp out of selling my touch, so that i can either get a deal and use that money or if i switch companies just sale the phone cuz i wont need it unless i kept it for odd reasons...lol yu let me know
Old 12-22-2008, 12:29 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro

View bryanthomas007's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View bryanthomas007's Photo Album Add bryanthomas007's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Don't do Altell. The Sprint version has alot more features.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:45 AM
Huh What
Mobile Model: Touch, Diamond, Pro

View Shenanigans's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Shenanigans's Photo Album Add Shenanigans's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

alltel sucks really I tried to look at their phones and i put in my zip and nothing comes up. I freakin live in Orange County,CA too not like its a small city or anything. I love sprint but recently they have let me down big time with their bs customer service.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:45 PM

ok so dash, i called back retentions and spoke to a really nice Rep. i even told him that i considered cancelling and that if i were to be sent another touch this would be the4th one, and im sick of getting the touch and experiencing the same problems. he was very understanding of my problem, he told me that i should use my upgrade i am eligible for and get the phone, i told him alltel offered it for free to me!! he told me to goto best buy and get the phone because he believes they are offering better deals and discounts than sprint can offer!! and im like really when i saw that Hibby got his for 75$, i am really having a hard time in getting to bargain with them and the price of the TP, i dont know how to get them to committ for a lower price, but what he did say that he was gonna give me two 70$ credits towards my bill, idk what that was fopr but i guessing to keep me satisfied or not complain, and it did because i am still here with out a phone!..lol and they still have some touches in inventory he checked for me but as soon as they are out the next phone to be shipped to ones with touches will be the diamond. do you have anywhere i can go from this point in order to get a new phone asap. TD OR TP( preferrably Tp)? he did mention that they are able to bill it to my acct. but they are on back order till next year sometime in january. i asked if maybe they can send me a TD and then in january i send it back for the Tp, but thats when he checked and saw they still have Touches in stock
Old 12-22-2008, 05:56 PM
SPJ FREAKSTER!
Mobile Model: PRO&DIAMOND!!
Mobile Carrier: Rev a speeeeeddddddd

Thanked 1,139 Times in 584 Posts

View 1mrlcb's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View 1mrlcb's Photo Album Add 1mrlcb's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

ok so dash, i called back retentions and spoke to a really nice Rep. i even told him that i considered cancelling and that if i were to be sent another touch this would be the4th one, and im sick of getting the touch and experiencing the same problems. he was very understanding of my problem, he told me that i should use my upgrade i am eligible for and get the phone, i told him alltel offered it for free to me!! he told me to goto best buy and get the phone because he believes they are offering better deals and discounts than sprint can offer!! and im like really when i saw that Hibby got his for 75$, i am really having a hard time in getting to bargain with them and the price of the TP, i dont know how to get them to committ for a lower price, but what he did say that he was gonna give me two 70$ credits towards my bill, idk what that was fopr but i guessing to keep me satisfied or not complain, and it did because i am still here with out a phone!..lol and they still have some touches in inventory he checked for me but as soon as they are out the next phone to be shipped to ones with touches will be the diamond. do you have anywhere i can go from this point in order to get a new phone asap. TD OR TP( preferrably Tp)? he did mention that they are able to bill it to my acct. but they are on back order till next year sometime in january. i asked if maybe they can send me a TD and then in january i send it back for the Tp, but thats when he checked and saw they still have Touches in stock
Seriosly bro i dont think there goin to give you a pro or a diamond because they have such a limited supply of these phones and i dont want to bring down your luck or anything

The Following User Says Thank You to 1mrlcb For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2008, 06:24 PM

i don think so either, but what i am trying to do is get them to committ to givin me a deal on the phone i mean 100$ wouldnt be bdad ill even accept 150, but i dont know how to get them in the corner to committ to discounting the price it says online
Old 12-22-2008, 07:31 PM

i don think so either, but what i am trying to do is get them to committ to givin me a deal on the phone i mean 100$ wouldnt be bdad ill even accept 150, but i dont know how to get them in the corner to committ to discounting the price it says online
150 is what it costs at best buy i think.....
Old 01-05-2009, 07:12 PM

well thanks for all the help here at SPJ Dash and all members, i didnt get a TP for free unfortuantely.....but i did get a TOUCH DIAMOND!!!! for 53$$ and i got to keep my original touch too hAHAHA YEAH BABY!! everything went well and hectic, it took long enuf but i got something nice, i did want the TP tho, but it didnt work out. im still trying to get the tp somehow, lol now its time to trick this thing out, anybody got any good starters for me?
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
alltel, pro, sprint, touch