Post New ThreadReply

Old 01-04-2010, 04:28 PM
ActionPlyr ActionPlyr is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View ActionPlyr's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ActionPlyr's Photo Album Add ActionPlyr's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Do Touch Pro cabs work on Touch Pro2

I currently have the Touch Pro and I've been pretty hesitant about getting the Touch Pro2 (through that trade-in option) only because I love all of the cabs that I have for the Touch Pro (ie: arcsoft mms, tethering fix, WMWifi Router, SPB Mobile Shell, etc.) and I was unsure if these cabs as well as other cabs will work on the Touch Pro2. Would I still be able to use the same cabs from the Touch Pro on the Touch Pro2?

I used search and I couldn't find an answer to this question so I hope this wasn't answered before.
The Following User Says Thank You to ActionPlyr For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2010, 04:40 PM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet
Mobile Model: TP2, omnia, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Can You Hear Me Now
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 2,677 Times in 807 Posts

View MikeyD's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View MikeyD's Photo Album Add MikeyD's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Do Touch Pro cabs work on Touch Pro2

most cabs should work.....it just some games may not work cuz of the vga screen.....i belive all the ones mentioned will work on the tp2.

Old 01-04-2010, 04:44 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: $print

Thanked 2,366 Times in 774 Posts

View PsyChoTk's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PsyChoTk's Photo Album Add PsyChoTk's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Do Touch Pro cabs work on Touch Pro2

“ Originally Posted by ActionPlyr View Post

I currently have the Touch Pro and I've been pretty hesitant about getting the Touch Pro2 (through that trade-in option) only because I love all of the cabs that I have for the Touch Pro (ie: arcsoft mms, tethering fix, WMWifi Router, SPB Mobile Shell, etc.) and I was unsure if these cabs as well as other cabs will work on the Touch Pro2. Would I still be able to use the same cabs from the Touch Pro on the Touch Pro2?

I used search and I couldn't find an answer to this question so I hope this wasn't answered before.

arcsoft is built into the rom so you don't have to put it on a stock TP2. the rest will work, but for those that don't the TP2 versions of those cabs are out there. everything you've mentioned will work on the TP2. however, the screen size is different so some programs might have really tiny text or icons.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:51 PM
ActionPlyr ActionPlyr is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View ActionPlyr's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ActionPlyr's Photo Album Add ActionPlyr's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thanks a lot for your fast responses, youve helped me make up my mind! im gonna try to get my touch pro traded in for the touch pro2 for free if its still possible
Old 01-04-2010, 04:56 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: $print

Thanked 2,366 Times in 774 Posts

View PsyChoTk's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PsyChoTk's Photo Album Add PsyChoTk's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Do Touch Pro cabs work on Touch Pro2

“ Originally Posted by ActionPlyr View Post

thanks a lot for your fast responses, youve helped me make up my mind! im gonna try to get my touch pro traded in for the touch pro2 for free if its still possible
good luck. i got mine for $150.00 without any contract extensions or conditions. (i know someone) while others on this site seemingly endlessly get $h*t for free.

but it's been a great investment. you'll realize what all the hype is about when you turn it on for the first time.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

def worth and as a rule of thumb you can use this... if they update regularly (like the ones you mentioned) and are pay apps by well known companies than they will be pre-configured to work with all resolutions.... the threads with the apps and such that you are wanting will tell you the resolutions that they work for right in the first post at the very top. themes are the biggest things out there that are going to cause conflicts.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Mobile Model: toucch pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 5.0

View inkjammer's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View inkjammer's Photo Album Add inkjammer's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Do Touch Pro cabs work on Touch Pro2

“ Originally Posted by PsyChoTk View Post

good luck. i got mine for $150.00 without any contract extensions or conditions. (i know someone) while others on this site seemingly endlessly get $h*t for free.

but it's been a great investment. you'll realize what all the hype is about when you turn it on for the first time.
I had trouble with my touch pro 1 keyboard went out and they Sent me to Asurion and the guy @ Asurion said I am so sorry sir we are out of stock on touch pro 1's I will have to send you a new in box touch pro2 is that ok? I said I guess so. So I called Sprint back and told them I was upset because the Local S&R store would not help me and told me to leave the store now I have to file a claim and pay $100 deductible so Sprint rep. said not a problem sir I am issuing you a $100 credit on your account so it will zero out the charge. I said thanks. I got my phone yesterday I am liking it very much.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:49 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Re Re Do Touch Pro cabs work on Touch Pro2

“ Originally Posted by inkjammer View Post

I had trouble with my touch pro 1 keyboard went out and they Sent me to Asurion and the guy @ Asurion said I am so sorry sir we are out of stock on touch pro 1's I will have to send you a new in box touch pro2 is that ok? I said I guess so. So I called Sprint back and told them I was upset because the Local S&R store would not help me and told me to leave the store now I have to file a claim and pay $100 deductible so Sprint rep. said not a problem sir I am issuing you a $100 credit on your account so it will zero out the charge. I said thanks. I got my phone yesterday I am liking it very much.
congrats brudda and yeah i guess hahahaha you prolly wooted as loud as you could when you hung that phone up and had a smirk on your face the rest of the time you were on the phone... and just keep calling and pressing the issue of the credit before the bill comes.. always easier to do before than once it is printed and mailed or or presented online.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
cabs, pro, pro2, touch, work