Post New ThreadReply

Old 07-30-2008, 01:37 PM
dianeofarcadia dianeofarcadia is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: LG Voyager&Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View dianeofarcadia's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dianeofarcadia's Photo Album Add dianeofarcadia's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Restore or rebuild?

I need a little bit of input. I have been working on the phone building up a theme that I like that allows me to just change the background without messing with the over all layout. It consist of about 5 different pages (mail-weather-calendar-games-settings) The best feature was the recent addition of Opera! omg, now I have no excuses for not surfin the net. (lol) What a great browser!!

My question is lately, within the last day or so I am getting a few little bugs here and there, enough to annoy me. Would it be best to just rebuild it all on a clean slate since I have the layout (no more additions) or hard reset with a restore? Or will the restore just add the bugs back on?

Thanks for the input, look forward to sharing some themes when the board is back up and running.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:13 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Restore or rebuild?

“ Originally Posted by dianeofarcadia View Post

I need a little bit of input. I have been working on the phone building up a theme that I like that allows me to just change the background without messing with the over all layout. It consist of about 5 different pages (mail-weather-calendar-games-settings) The best feature was the recent addition of Opera! omg, now I have no excuses for not surfin the net. (lol) What a great browser!!

My question is lately, within the last day or so I am getting a few little bugs here and there, enough to annoy me. Would it be best to just rebuild it all on a clean slate since I have the layout (no more additions) or hard reset with a restore? Or will the restore just add the bugs back on?

Thanks for the input, look forward to sharing some themes when the board is back up and running.
i would start fresh... if you back up now you are going to back up the bugs and problems and than jus restore them......... so the only sure way is to just hard reset and manually do er up.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2008, 07:15 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by dianeofarcadia View Post

If you backed up with the bugs then when you restore it will be the bugs again. My reccomendation is if you know what you want and have the theme layed out then just hard reset and build it back. THATS THE BEST WAY!

The Following User Says Thank You to BiG JeW For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2008, 07:47 PM
dianeofarcadia dianeofarcadia is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: LG Voyager&Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View dianeofarcadia's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dianeofarcadia's Photo Album Add dianeofarcadia's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

oh whines....
after thinking about this all evening, yes that makes sense. Thank you both for the input. I was really hoping I wouldn't have to do that but...
I keep thinking of this signature I read somewhere about the number of hard resets being the number of my IQ, so I must be a genious. LOL!

thanks guys.
will share as soon as the board is healthy again.

btw....
How this one for a signature D/\SH ~

:likeopera_man:

(jk)
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
rebuild, restore