Post New ThreadReply

Old 11-29-2009, 09:59 PM
ghazi ghazi is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Verizon
Mobile OS: 5.0

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View ghazi's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ghazi's Photo Album Add ghazi's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Verizon Touch Pro 2

As I just got my new touch pro2 with orignal wm6.1 installed, and i have been reading a lot at xda develop and today i came acroos this site from youtube video,

1. does verizon stock wm6.5 not avaliable as of yet?
2. if I put a custom rom, would it install the new 6.5 into my device as new OS right? because one of the post said rom is your personal preference, so i am confused, is rom something other than OS?
3. if anytime stock verizon rom is avaliable, can i switch roms later to stock, i am sure, but though i should ask anyway.
4. which unlocker you guys are using for the first time before flashing the rom?

Thanks

Sorry
I meant to reply on the verizon post already existed but somehow it created a new thread, i am sorry again
The Following User Says Thank You to ghazi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2009, 01:10 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Verizon Touch Pro 2

“ Originally Posted by ghazi View Post

As I just got my new touch pro2 with orignal wm6.1 installed, and i have been reading a lot at xda develop and today i came acroos this site from youtube video,

1. does verizon stock wm6.5 not avaliable as of yet?
2. if I put a custom rom, would it install the new 6.5 into my device as new OS right? because one of the post said rom is your personal preference, so i am confused, is rom something other than OS?
3. if anytime stock verizon rom is avaliable, can i switch roms later to stock, i am sure, but though i should ask anyway.
4. which unlocker you guys are using for the first time before flashing the rom?

Thanks

Sorry
I meant to reply on the verizon post already existed but somehow it created a new thread, i am sorry again

no worries and here we go:

1. for verizon wireless we dont have a wm 6.5 update as of yet. expect that to come in the next month or so.
2. Right, if you flash a wm 6.5 rom you will get the os that will be coming from verizon sooner or later. and it really is your choice since some roms have different builds and inside those builds can be different features and layouts. each custom rom will also have its own programs added and subtracted to it including updated drivers and stability fixes. so its your choice on what you want by what rom you have to choose from. if you look at my youtube channel which you will find the link for in #4 you will see many of my newer videos are on the most popular touch pro 2 roms on my verizon touch pro 2.
3. yes you can switch to any custom rom that you would like as well as go back to stock in case you have to bring it back into the store.
4. and for the unlocker, take a look at the video and if you click on the actual video will bring you to youtube. in the description to the right of the video on youtube there will be a link to the unlcoker and the video will show you how to unlock and how to flash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te7CPM3yeUk
Old 11-30-2009, 09:24 PM
ghazi ghazi is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Verizon
Mobile OS: 5.0

View ghazi's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ghazi's Photo Album Add ghazi's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Verizon Touch Pro 2

Thanks for your help and video, i flashed with might rom, really like it, thanks again
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
pro, touch, verizon