Cricket and the 6800

PPC 6800 Questions

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04-02-2008, 07:54 PM
Limegrntaln Limegrntaln is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Mogul

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View Limegrntaln's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Limegrntaln's Photo Album Add Limegrntaln's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Cricket and the 6800

Ok this is my first post so I hope that im posting in the right place.

My question is I want to get a 6800 Mogul. I would like to use Cricket as the carrier. Is anyone currently using this setup now? What can I expect to work and not to work. I dont plan on GPS working I would like text pics and so forth to work.

Also when I pick a phone to have flashed is the GUI theme going to still be whatever the stock phone has. Im saying if I use a Sprint phone will windows Mobile still be yellow ETC.. or Alltel will everything be blue or green or is that changeable right from the Mogul?

Im just trying to make an informed decision on whats a better phone to start with, or does it matter? Sprint Alltel, etc.. I understand flashing allows you to use the phone with another carrier, but will the home screen and everything change to cricket GUI??

I know nothing about this. Thanks in Advance!

Gregg
Old 04-02-2008, 08:32 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Cricket and the 6800

“ Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post

Ok this is my first post so I hope that im posting in the right place.

My question is I want to get a 6800 Mogul. I would like to use Cricket as the carrier. Is anyone currently using this setup now? What can I expect to work and not to work. I dont plan on GPS working I would like text pics and so forth to work.

Also when I pick a phone to have flashed is the GUI theme going to still be whatever the stock phone has. Im saying if I use a Sprint phone will windows Mobile still be yellow ETC.. or Alltel will everything be blue or green or is that changeable right from the Mogul?

Im just trying to make an informed decision on whats a better phone to start with, or does it matter? Sprint Alltel, etc.. I understand flashing allows you to use the phone with another carrier, but will the home screen and everything change to cricket GUI??

I know nothing about this. Thanks in Advance!

Gregg
please post in the help desk from now on will move the thread for you.....
1. so your trying to get a sprint phone to actually run on cricket towers??? thats impossible to do unless they will unlock the phone for you to work with their service.
2. everything will work even gps if you flash over to the sprint rom and than stick with that or flash again after flashing to the sprint rom for WM 6.1.
3. the theme can be changed bro we have over 700 of them here and there are more coming everyday.
4. the home screen with cricket??? you mean the apps on the phone that come stock??? if so you would have to find and download the cricket software in cab form from someone thats has dumped a cricket rom.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:43 PM

View Limegrntaln's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Limegrntaln's Photo Album Add Limegrntaln's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yes I would like to get the phone unlocked and flashed to cricket so I can use it on the cricket network, Sprint service sucks here in AZ. But since Cricket doesnt have a 6800 I need to do this. I see them all over the place on cricket, flashed to work on cricket.

I was asking what 6800 to start with or does it matter? Do they all run on the same basic program? When its get flashed over to cricket is it going to look like a cricket phone when you turn it on or is it going to still say sprint? and work on the cricket network?

Are they going to have the same features, and does the phone itself just run off of windows mobile and everone of they carriers phones are the same thing? Each one of the carriers 6800s look different, And cricket has to offer GPS for it to work on the phone or does it work through windows mobile?
Old 04-02-2008, 09:19 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yes I would like to get the phone unlocked and flashed to cricket so I can use it on the cricket network, Sprint service sucks here in AZ. But since Cricket doesnt have a 6800 I need to do this. I see them all over the place on cricket, flashed to work on cricket.

I was asking what 6800 to start with or does it matter? Do they all run on the same basic program? When its get flashed over to cricket is it going to look like a cricket phone when you turn it on or is it going to still say sprint? and work on the cricket network?

Are they going to have the same features, and does the phone itself just run off of windows mobile and everone of they carriers phones are the same thing? Each one of the carriers 6800s look different, And cricket has to offer GPS for it to work on the phone or does it work through windows mobile?
1. well if you can get it unlocked than yes all you would need is a cdma version of the phone.
2. if you flash to a cricket rom it will have the cricket rom and run just like it would on cricket. even with the gps you would be able to have the spash screens say cricket still.
3. for the most part all the phones are the same jsut different color and the dpad can change a lil bit..... but same shape and all. the gps as stated above would be enabled with the sprint rom and than you would have to flash to WM 6.1 or run the sprint rom off the cricket towers... both would work but i would go 6.1 WAYYYYYY better.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:32 PM

Perfect... I will definitely be getting the CDMA version. I didn't even know they had a GSM version, all the ones I have seen have been Sprint or Alltel does Verizon have one?

Anyway I will get that and the cricket store will flash it for $75 which is a full flash then I will go with WM6.1. Sprint service is bad here, the reception sucks lots of dead areas, Alltel has 3 times as many cell towers as anyone in the state because they are home based here in Arizona. So the whole state is covered.

My ex-wife ruined us with Alltel, this is the $50 a month plan from cricket.

* UNLIMITED: anytime minutes
* UNLIMITED: US long distance (excluding Alaska)
* UNLIMITED: coverage in all Cricket calling areas
* UNLIMITED: 411 directory assistance
* UNLIMITED: mobile web access
* FREE text & picture messaging
* Voice mail, caller ID, call waiting, 3-way calling, & call forwarding
Old 04-02-2008, 09:38 PM

Perfect... I will definitely be getting the CDMA version. I didn't even know they had a GSM version, all the ones I have seen have been Sprint or Alltel does Verizon have one?

Anyway I will get that and the cricket store will flash it for $75 which is a full flash then I will go with WM6.1. Sprint service is bad here, the reception sucks lots of dead areas, Alltel has 3 times as many cell towers as anyone in the state because they are home based here in Arizona. So the whole state is covered.

My ex-wife ruined us with Alltel, this is the $50 a month plan from cricket.

* UNLIMITED: anytime minutes
* UNLIMITED: US long distance (excluding Alaska)
* UNLIMITED: coverage in all Cricket calling areas
* UNLIMITED: 411 directory assistance
* UNLIMITED: mobile web access
* FREE text & picture messaging
* Voice mail, caller ID, call waiting, 3-way calling, & call forwarding
1. yes verizon does have one its an ugly off baby blue color and is quite repulsive.
2. 75 bucks for the flash damn expensive but worth it for the plan seems like a pretty good deal.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:47 PM

Im just going to go with whatever phone looks good. I will look at all 3 carriers, but I am leaning toward Sprints phone. When under the cricket flash you mentioned using the Sprint GPS? who would be charging me to use their GPS? I can use cricket towers but will I get charged from sprint if I use their GPS? I dont want that.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:01 PM

Im just going to go with whatever phone looks good. I will look at all 3 carriers, but I am leaning toward Sprints phone. When under the cricket flash you mentioned using the Sprint GPS? who would be charging me to use their GPS? I can use cricket towers but will I get charged from sprint if I use their GPS? I dont want that.
no you wont it just enables the gps on the phone..... after you get it flashed all you have to do is flash the official sprint rom and than once you do that flash the 6.1 rom to the phone and than you will have rev a....... not too hard to do as long as you follow the instructions in the threads.

1. sprint= silver gray color
2. alltel=black
3. verizon=nasty off baby blue.... you will find pics on google also to see what they look like.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:16 PM

You read my mind... I was just over looking on google for the phones. I didn't realize that the Alltel one was black. I may go that route. Ive also seen them on Ebay already flashed for cricket. But they are Sprint phones flashed to cricket already. I haven't seen any Alltel ones for cricket yet.

I dont mind the phone staying basic Windows XP look, although I say that now. I will get tired of it. I like the yellow on the Sprint one though.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:26 AM
Mobile Model: htc mogul

View Im1badazchick's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Im1badazchick's Photo Album Add Im1badazchick's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Hey Dash....i just ran upon this thread and i wasn't online much yesterday but i have the mogul from sprint and i have cricket service....it's pretty easy to do yourself as long as you know how to flash your phone and crickets prl is easy to get from the corolada prl page ...Limegrntaln...i have the 50 dollar plan and with tax i pay about 55.08(tax included in that)..i have also flashed my own phone several times and i even did a friends...it was easy...all of the features work including real picture messaging and cricket allows foreign esn on their system as long as it is compatible(cdma)..sprint,verizon,alltel,etc...im currently using vetvito's cricket3 blue pill version(gps, and wm 6.1) with the 3.35 radio and rom from the march 10th release so gps and all works...and everything that is in the plan is unlimited so it works out pretty well...hope this helps...im not sure if im allowed to post alink dash but if i'm able to let me know and i can post one pointing to various places that would help and to the rom..also steps to unlock the phone yourself for cricket and if you are familiar with flashing your phone then it can save you 75 dollars....oh and before i forget...the phone doesnt say cricket in any of the menues and its still the same mogul just working on a different provider but with the same features
Old 04-03-2008, 11:58 AM

“ Originally Posted by Im1badazchick View Post

Hey Dash....i just ran upon this thread and i wasn't online much yesterday but i have the mogul from sprint and i have cricket service....it's pretty easy to do yourself as long as you know how to flash your phone and crickets prl is easy to get from the corolada prl page ...Limegrntaln...i have the 50 dollar plan and with tax i pay about 55.08(tax included in that)..i have also flashed my own phone several times and i even did a friends...it was easy...all of the features work including real picture messaging and cricket allows foreign esn on their system as long as it is compatible(cdma)..sprint,verizon,alltel,etc...im currently using vetvito's cricket3 blue pill version(gps, and wm 6.1) with the 3.35 radio and rom from the march 10th release so gps and all works...and everything that is in the plan is unlimited so it works out pretty well...hope this helps...im not sure if im allowed to post alink dash but if i'm able to let me know and i can post one pointing to various places that would help and to the rom..also steps to unlock the phone yourself for cricket and if you are familiar with flashing your phone then it can save you 75 dollars....oh and before i forget...the phone doesnt say cricket in any of the menues and its still the same mogul just working on a different provider but with the same features
cool cool thanks for the insight, not familiar with cricket services at all so this is nice..... yeah no problem go ahead and post up the links that is no problem. i trust ya gurl you dont got to ask for permission if you have over 5 posts also...... (for the links)
Old 04-03-2008, 01:43 PM

View Im1badazchick's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Im1badazchick's Photo Album Add Im1badazchick's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

this link is a how to program the mogul for cricket it includes the regular prl for cricket which is 1040(if you look on the corolada prl page there is a 1050 prl for evdo that you can get)....the ppcgeeks link is to vetvitos roms..i have th eblue pill and he just released the black one the other day...they are really nice.. and you dont have to flash to the alltel rom unless you want to ..i don't think that they update much(howardforums),,,after you unlock your phone it gets easier...if you want one of the new roms like the one that i have...you can unlock with the 2.40 oilipro and then install the sprint/htc rom and you dont have to set it up after you load it...when it gets to the screen where you have to tap it...dont...just flash the rom that you want without tapping ..hope im not confusing you guys but if i am just say so and i will try to help as much as i can..first link is the basic stuff you need..(the prl,you can use the 2.40 unlocker(for gps roms) or the one from that thread if you just want a regular rom)http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1251812 http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1321514 http://www.corolada.com/prl/ http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=18836 i hope that this helps ...im kinda rambling because i had to do hair at 7 this morning and just got in..lol...thanks Dash
Old 04-05-2008, 03:44 PM

I don't log on for a day and I get all of my questions answered. Thank you Im1badazchick. I don't even know how to use the flash on a camera much less flash a phone. But I'm self taught on windows and I will sit here messing with things until I figure them out.

I don't know what any of the prl mumbo jumbo is about but I am a member over at howard forums too. I have only posted like 25 times in 2 years.

I had planned on getting a phone from a "powerseller" but I emailed the guy twice asking a simple question and its been 3 days and I didn't get a response. To me its just bad business. The phone is already flashed to cricket for $250 brand new with box and all accessories.

But I will spend more money just to get someone to email me back. I just feel better buying from someone, that if I have a problem with the transaction, they will at least communicate. In this case this hasn't happened so I will keep looking.

I will be getting this phone after I take care of some other things. My alltel 2 year is up on the 17th so I will probably port my number so I will have the phone by then all "flashed"

D/\sh, thank you for an informative forum, and keep the youtube videos going, you care about whats going on or you wouldn't spend your time making videos. I appreciate it.

I went to the Alltel and Sprint stores yesterday. I am really liking the black Alltel 6800, There was something wrong with the Display Mogul at the Sprint store and it wouldn't turn on, it was really beat up, looked like someone had been playing football with it. So I didnt get a chance to see it turned on. I may go to another store today to check it out.

My question is its basically the same phone, but I understand the ROM maybe different, I like what you have done with the Mogul D/\sh and do all of the apps and tweaks work with the Alltel phone too or is this unverified? This may be the deciding factor between the 2 phones. I really like the black case on the Alltel though, Since every phone Ive ever had is some shade of gray, black would be nice.

P.S Im liking the Black pill!
Old 04-05-2008, 05:24 PM

I don't log on for a day and I get all of my questions answered. Thank you Im1badazchick. I don't even know how to use the flash on a camera much less flash a phone. But I'm self taught on windows and I will sit here messing with things until I figure them out.

I don't know what any of the prl mumbo jumbo is about but I am a member over at howard forums too. I have only posted like 25 times in 2 years.

I had planned on getting a phone from a "powerseller" but I emailed the guy twice asking a simple question and its been 3 days and I didn't get a response. To me its just bad business. The phone is already flashed to cricket for $250 brand new with box and all accessories.

But I will spend more money just to get someone to email me back. I just feel better buying from someone, that if I have a problem with the transaction, they will at least communicate. In this case this hasn't happened so I will keep looking.

I will be getting this phone after I take care of some other things. My alltel 2 year is up on the 17th so I will probably port my number so I will have the phone by then all "flashed"

D/\sh, thank you for an informative forum, and keep the youtube videos going, you care about whats going on or you wouldn't spend your time making videos. I appreciate it.

I went to the Alltel and Sprint stores yesterday. I am really liking the black Alltel 6800, There was something wrong with the Display Mogul at the Sprint store and it wouldn't turn on, it was really beat up, looked like someone had been playing football with it. So I didnt get a chance to see it turned on. I may go to another store today to check it out.

My question is its basically the same phone, but I understand the ROM maybe different, I like what you have done with the Mogul D/\sh and do all of the apps and tweaks work with the Alltel phone too or is this unverified? This may be the deciding factor between the 2 phones. I really like the black case on the Alltel though, Since every phone Ive ever had is some shade of gray, black would be nice.

sorry to hear that you didn't get it but i'm sure that you will and you're gonna love it..i didn't know a thing about flashing phones either...i actually paid to have mines done but it was just 50 dollars and in the time since..i have reflashed it several times...and after doing sooo much reading here and there(i catch on quick)...i was able to reflash it and i did some registry tweaks that they hadnt done and my phone was better than when the original guy did it...he had everything working but not like it does now...now its flawless..at first i had the mms problems with it kicking pic messages that i was trying to send out..back into my box...i fixed all of that and i didnt even have to pay that guy(he said he would have to charge me again if i needed something else done and also wanted to charge my cousin to set her phone up to have better internet speeds(evdo)...its the same 1050prl i told you about and i put it on my memory card and dialed ##778...opened it up ..and put it into the prl field then pressed update) and he wanted fifty dollars for that lol...he only flashed my phone once but after that and knowing what i know now i wouldn't let anyone do it but me lol..and i have the blue pill...i love it..the black is nice too..he just put that one up maybe wednesday ...i flashed my phone with that one too but its basically the same...just the layouts are different colors and on the blue pill htc audio is the main player (wm player is there too) and on the black pill its just wmplayer and i thought that the black pill looked more masculine..sounds crazy lol..but the blue one was a lil softer with the colors...but since i have them both on my computer..if i get tired of one i will just flash the other or use the themes..he has the themes in both pills so you can change the basic look of it
Old 04-05-2008, 05:33 PM

I dont think Im going to have a problem figuring it out. I have screwed up my home PC so many times and I have always found my way out of it. I know its not the same thing, the only thing I worry about is bricking it, or flashing a corrupted rom, or something happening to it while its flashing. But I think I will be fine. Im really liking the black 6800 from Alltel. I can find it for a decent price in the mid $200-$250 range new in box. I will more than likely flash it myself. I have my Razr V3m thats going to be useless to me. I may use that to mess with flashing before I try it on the 6800. I havent decided yet.
Old 04-05-2008, 06:00 PM

yup the mods i do work with the alltel one including flashing over to the sprint gps rom than the 6.1 rom and you will have gps....
Old 04-05-2008, 06:09 PM

I will probably just buy the one I can get the best deal on. I would prefer a non branded one. Or the one that just says HTC at the top. I haven't seen those for sale anywhere at all though.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:24 PM

I will probably just buy the one I can get the best deal on. I would prefer a non branded one. Or the one that just says HTC at the top. I haven't seen those for sale anywhere at all though.
you can do what i did and take a dime to the logo above the screen in an up and down motion and will take it off easily without scratching the steel below.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:39 PM

I guess that would be alot easier and cheaper then getting a new housing for it. I was just looking around and they are like $50-$120 and the $120 ones still had the sprint logo on them, I will just remove the logo though if its that easy.

Thanks again D/\sh

P.S Black Sprint housing $55 FTW
Old 04-17-2008, 08:10 PM

Finally got my new phone today. I did end up getting a Sprint Mogul. I got it brand new for $250 fully flashed to cricket. I got it activated today and everything, Im only having one problem. I was on the internet with it earlier now when I hit the "E" to get online it asks me for my username password and domain. It worked when I first tried it. I didnt type anything in there but now its not working again and I dont know the info to put in there to get on the internet. Other then that the phone is awesome.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:44 AM

Finally got my new phone today. I did end up getting a Sprint Mogul. I got it brand new for $250 fully flashed to cricket. I got it activated today and everything, Im only having one problem. I was on the internet with it earlier now when I hit the "E" to get online it asks me for my username password and domain. It worked when I first tried it. I didnt type anything in there but now its not working again and I dont know the info to put in there to get on the internet. Other then that the phone is awesome.
user name is your 10 digit telephone number at mycricket.com....example...8320000000@mycricket.co m...passwrod is (cricket) just like that..lowercase..congrats on your new mogul..i log on from time to time so i will be back on tommorrow and hope this info helps
Old 04-18-2008, 06:28 AM

About 30 minutes after I posted I was looking back to try to figure out why it wasnt connecting right when I noticed in my 10 digit, 2 numbers were transposed. weird thing though it was logging on sometimes and not the other.

So I switched the number around and now everything is good. I'm not running on EVDO though it only says 1x so I need to look into getting that updated. Phone came flashed with Mobile 6.1 and radio 3.35.4. So as soon as I feel confident enough to flash the 1050.prl file for the EVDO I will do that.

The 1X is really sloooowww..., next thing to go is going to be the green 6.1 theme. I hate it!!

Thanks for all of the help!
Old 04-18-2008, 12:53 PM

About 30 minutes after I posted I was looking back to try to figure out why it wasnt connecting right when I noticed in my 10 digit, 2 numbers were transposed. weird thing though it was logging on sometimes and not the other.

So I switched the number around and now everything is good. I'm not running on EVDO though it only says 1x so I need to look into getting that updated. Phone came flashed with Mobile 6.1 and radio 3.35.4. So as soon as I feel confident enough to flash the 1050.prl file for the EVDO I will do that.

The 1X is really sloooowww..., next thing to go is going to be the green 6.1 theme. I hate it!!

Thanks for all of the help!
sounds good to me...i'm glad that you got it up and running...the evdo prl is easy to put onto your phone...i'm sure that there are instructions here but you basically put the file on your storage card and if you k now the unlock(msl) code for your phone...you can dial ##775# or ##775 then press talk or send....(more than likely since it was sprint it's ##775#)...if you are able to do that...you are good....it will bring up the update prl menu...you just go to the bottom right hand side and pick edit and it takes you to another screen where you will see browse...after pressing that it automatically opens up the location of the prl that you put on you memory card...you tap that file and then just follow the prompts to update it and that's it...about the green theme...well thanks to puertoblack2003 and Dash and Kaos and the rest of our fellow Evolutioners you have plenty to choose from in the theme area or you can make your own......ok i said it...there are how to's in the support section for the ppc6800 all stickied up...so if you go there you can see how exactly to do everything that i just talked about...hope it helps..
Old 04-18-2008, 11:54 PM

I dont have the msl. I am reading though on how to download stuff to get into it. I did go to ##775# and it went to the unlock screen. I just have to get the MSL. I dont really want to call to get it. I will figure it out.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:38 AM
Premium is where its at!
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View Mac's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mac's Photo Album Add Mac's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Go Here and follow the instructions. Pretty easy!
https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/sho...d.php?t=151149

Old 04-19-2008, 12:55 AM

I copied it into the root folder on my phone its extracted and I went in and clicked get SPC and it didn't do anything but blink. Like it was getting blocked by a popup blocker or something. I read somewhere that some of the tools don't work in Vista is this one of them?

EDIT: Never mind I was trying to do it through the active Sync folder on my PC rather then selecting the file through the phone. Im there now.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:03 AM

I entered the hex ESN to get my MSL code it generated it, then I happened to look on the outside of my box my mogul came in and the guy that flashed it wrote a 6 digit on the hex sticker which was the same number I got with the Get SPC. I went to ##775# and entered in the number and got an error. "Check unlock code failed, please input again" So Im not sure where to go from here??

EDIT: Im getting good at this, I tried 000000 and it worked. WTH..LOL

Im on 1050. prl now Its Evdo mixed with 1x. but I have a wireless router in my house so its running wifi and its soopa fast.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
6800, cricket