Old 03-06-2009, 09:39 PM
V I P V I P is offline   Thread Starter  
previously codydavis22
Mobile Model: Motorola Droid
Mobile Carrier: Verizon
Mobile OS: 6.5

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View V I P's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View V I P's Photo Album Add V I P's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Random hard resets

I don't know if anybody else has experienced this, but my pro has randomly hard reset itself about 5 times since I have had it......on a bunch of different custom roms. Sometimes it will freeze and I will soft reset and it actually hard resets and other times I will just pick it up and it will be turned off and when I turn it on again it is hard reset. Anybody else have this issue or know why it is happening?
Old 03-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Nickel Nickel NINE
Mobile Model: HTC DIAMOND
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 4,383 Times in 1,330 Posts

View TaylorSPJ's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TaylorSPJ's Photo Album Add TaylorSPJ's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Random hard resets

“ Originally Posted by V I P View Post

I don't know if anybody else has experienced this, but my pro has randomly hard reset itself about 5 times since I have had it......on a bunch of different custom roms. Sometimes it will freeze and I will soft reset and it actually hard resets and other times I will just pick it up and it will be turned off and when I turn it on again it is hard reset. Anybody else have this issue or know why it is happening?
WOW hard resetting is no joke huh??? never heard of that happening before....you try to reflash since it started happening??? if you havnt try that an see if it helps...if not, you need to get a new one through TEP ASAP.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TaylorSPJ For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2009, 09:48 PM
previously codydavis22

View V I P's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View V I P's Photo Album Add V I P's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by TaylorSPJ View Post

WOW hard resetting is no joke huh??? never heard of that happening before....you try to reflash since it started happening??? if you havnt try that an see if it helps...if not, you need to get a new one through TEP ASAP.
you talking about reflashing to stock? It has happened on several custom roms. Good thing for Sashimi...but it does get annoying tho. Usually what happens is that I want to try a new rom by the time it happens and I just flash to a new one
Old 03-06-2009, 09:49 PM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

well since you say custom..what spl do you have? you should be running .37. try relocking then unlocking again could be a bad spl..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kaos For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2009, 10:00 PM
previously codydavis22

“ Originally Posted by kaos View Post

well since you say custom..what spl do you have? you should be running .37. try relocking then unlocking again could be a bad spl..
I just checked my computer and the unlocker that I have and used is the 037
Old 03-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I just checked my computer and the unlocker that I have and used is the 037
right but place your phone in manual bootloader and see what it says on there...... amy not have stuck.... if it continues i would say to def. call sprint up or bring it into a repair center immediately and explain what is going on to them.... be sure to flash back to stock before sending away or bringing it in though.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2009, 10:44 PM
previously codydavis22

Is there another way or app that will tell you your spl? I've been trying to put it in bootloader mode (manual) for like 10 minutes.....it always takes me forever. I know how but it keeps giving me the hardreset screen.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:44 PM
Nickel Nickel NINE

View TaylorSPJ's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TaylorSPJ's Photo Album Add TaylorSPJ's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Is there another way or app that will tell you your spl? I've been trying to put it in bootloader mode (manual) for like 10 minutes.....it always takes me forever. I know how but it keeps giving me the hardreset screen.
You can open the ruu folder.....inside there is an exe called enter bootloader....it then will put you into bootload so you can see if it was a successful unlock.......it also will tell you when you flash,......you will be in bootload for about 30 seconds and try to see if you can read what it says...right it down maybe.....its hard to believe that a bad spl will cause this....assuming you were able to flash multiple roms and not get errors while flashing....all though im sure it is possible.....just dont see that as the reason for hard resets......what other programs do you load??? list em an maybe one of them may be the cause....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TaylorSPJ For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2009, 01:15 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by TaylorSPJ View Post

You can open the ruu folder.....inside there is an exe called enter bootloader....it then will put you into bootload so you can see if it was a successful unlock.......it also will tell you when you flash,......you will be in bootload for about 30 seconds and try to see if you can read what it says...right it down maybe.....its hard to believe that a bad spl will cause this....assuming you were able to flash multiple roms and not get errors while flashing....all though im sure it is possible.....just dont see that as the reason for hard resets......what other programs do you load??? list em an maybe one of them may be the cause....
sometimes through multiple flashes the files that mask the original bootloader can be corrupt just like any file in technology.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:40 AM
previously codydavis22

Ok so I just reflashed to mighty 4.12 and it said that the SPL was 0.37.CMONEX. What should I do from here?
Old 03-07-2009, 10:56 AM

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Ok so I just reflashed to mighty 4.12 and it said that the SPL was 0.37.CMONEX. What should I do from here?
what do you mean reflash .37 unlocker then rom...then if issue still happens relock the damn thing and return it....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kaos For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2009, 10:59 AM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yep, you got the right one...make sure you pull the battery out for a minute and hard reset after flashing

if it does it again the sprint tech it should be

The Following User Says Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2009, 11:06 AM
previously codydavis22

what do you mean reflash .37 unlocker then rom...then if issue still happens relock the damn thing and return it....
I didn't know if I had to relock it to reunlock it....if that makes any sense. I thought that maybe you could just rerun the unlocker and that would fix it.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:12 AM

I didn't know if I had to relock it to reunlock it....if that makes any sense. I thought that maybe you could just rerun the unlocker and that would fix it.
you can i meant to relock it before you bring it to a store for repair...if unlocked it voids warranty...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kaos For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2009, 11:17 AM
previously codydavis22

you can i meant to relock it before you bring it to a store for repair...if unlocked it voids warranty...
Oh haha I thought that you were talking about return it to being unlocked. Thanks guys. My phone has a couple chips in the chrome....would they still swap....I'm guessing no? There is no service store around me. Also I do have TEP.....but I wouldn't want to send it back to them because if they gave me a new phone I would have to pay the deductible. I would rather just report it lost and get to keep my old phone (battery, stylus).
Old 03-07-2009, 11:40 AM

Oh haha I thought that you were talking about return it to being unlocked. Thanks guys. My phone has a couple chips in the chrome....would they still swap....I'm guessing no? There is no service store around me. Also I do have TEP.....but I wouldn't want to send it back to them because if they gave me a new phone I would have to pay the deductible. I would rather just report it lost and get to keep my old phone (battery, stylus).
you don't pay any deductible if replaced under Tep.
The Following User Says Thank You to kaos For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2009, 01:54 PM
previously codydavis22

you don't pay any deductible if replaced under Tep.
really? I didn't know that. I thought that it would be $50
Old 03-07-2009, 03:58 PM
Nickel Nickel NINE

really? I didn't know that. I thought that it would be $50
you only pay 50 bucks if.......lost/stolen......physical damage suck as water.....cracked screen......but if it is a defective phone you wont pay.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TaylorSPJ For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
hard, random, resets