Old 04-09-2009, 03:03 PM
V I P V I P is offline   Thread Starter  
previously codydavis22
Mobile Model: Motorola Droid
Mobile Carrier: Verizon
Mobile OS: 6.5

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View V I P's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View V I P's Photo Album Add V I P's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
[ ISSUE SOLVED ] Shut down my port

Hey guys,
I'm just wondering what is going on. I live in a college dorm building and yesterday my ethernet stopped working. I check with a kid 2 doors down and his works fine. I can log on the school service through wireless but no browser on my computer will work. It looks like it tries to connect but can't. I know if they get a complaint about downloading a bunch of shit they will shut down your port but I download all my music from rapidshare...which wouldn't be tracked....right? What do you guys think?
Old 04-09-2009, 03:09 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Shut down my port

lol... i dunno.. what does it show you in network connections? Connected with limited connectivity?? have you tried resting the network adapter and trying again? Unplug the ethernet cable and restart the pc and plug it back in.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BiG JeW For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2009, 03:14 PM
V I P V I P is offline   Thread Starter  
previously codydavis22
Mobile Model: Motorola Droid
Mobile Carrier: Verizon

View V I P's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View V I P's Photo Album Add V I P's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Ok....it's working now. Before I unplugged it and plugged it into another laptop that I have and it did the same thing......so I was like damn. But now that I replugged it into my original laptop it works fine.....Phewww. I guess I'm paranoid lmao
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to V I P For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2009, 03:17 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by V I P View Post

Ok....it's working now. Before I unplugged it and plugged it into another laptop that I have and it did the same thing......so I was like damn. But now that I replugged it into my original laptop it works fine.....Phewww. I guess I'm paranoid lmao

No problem bro..closing thread... glad it works!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BiG JeW For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Nickel Nickel NINE
Mobile Model: HTC DIAMOND
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 4,383 Times in 1,330 Posts

View TaylorSPJ's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TaylorSPJ's Photo Album Add TaylorSPJ's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by V I P View Post

glad you got it fixed, but the reason it didnt work on other laptops via LAN connection is due to the fact some internet companie's need the MAC address from the laptop/computer in order for it to associate with the service.

The Following User Says Thank You to TaylorSPJ For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadClosed Thread

Tags
issue, port, shut, solved