Old 03-15-2009, 12:48 PM
V I P V I P is offline   Thread Starter  
previously codydavis22
Mobile Model: Motorola Droid
Mobile Carrier: Verizon
Mobile OS: 6.5

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View V I P's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View V I P's Photo Album Add V I P's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Music tab and CD image

Ok guys here are some of questions that I have kind of had for awhile about music on my phone.

1. For some of my songs in the music tab there is the image of the album above it instead of the generic music symbol. How do I make all of my songs are like that?

2. I have a folder on my SC with my ringtones in it and when the music tab looks for music files it finds these and puts them in my playlist. Is there a way to stop it from checking this certain folder or somehow make it not do this?

3. (PC question) What application or website is the best/fast for downloading free music? I live on a college campus so the techs mess with the server or whatever and limewire basic barely works and takes forever when it does. I use that playlist dot com when I am in my room and stuff but I need to get my music on my phone.

--------- New Post Merged on 15/3/2009 at 0102 --------

4. (Video question) I have never been able to actually play videos that i have dowloaded from here (mobile videos) on my phone. I have TCMP but it won't play theme. What is the best format to play them? And is there something else that I really need to do to be able to play them?
Old 03-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Music tab and CD image

“ Originally Posted by V I P View Post

Ok guys here are some of questions that I have kind of had for awhile about music on my phone.

1. For some of my songs in the music tab there is the image of the album above it instead of the generic music symbol. How do I make all of my songs are like that?

2. I have a folder on my SC with my ringtones in it and when the music tab looks for music files it finds these and puts them in my playlist. Is there a way to stop it from checking this certain folder or somehow make it not do this?

3. (PC question) What application or website is the best/fast for downloading free music? I live on a college campus so the techs mess with the server or whatever and limewire basic barely works and takes forever when it does. I use that playlist dot com when I am in my room and stuff but I need to get my music on my phone.

--------- New Post Merged on 15/3/2009 at 0102 --------

4. (Video question) I have never been able to actually play videos that i have dowloaded from here (mobile videos) on my phone. I have TCMP but it won't play theme. What is the best format to play them? And is there something else that I really need to do to be able to play them?
1. as said many times around the board you have to use an applicastion like itunes or many others that will allow you to search for album art (i think wmp does it too) and once the art is showing on your computer when you click the song all you have to do is drag over and they will be there.

2. nope all audio files will show under the album.

3. i just type the author of the cd and the cd title followed by rapidshare and easily find all of mine

4. and for the vidoes you will want avi.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2009, 03:39 PM
previously codydavis22

View V I P's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View V I P's Photo Album Add V I P's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

for #3 where do you type that at? google? rapidshare?
Old 03-15-2009, 03:56 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

for #3 where do you type that at? google? rapidshare?
into google...... like for apps and games i do it also for both ppc and pc....... per instance for music i would do this.

Eminem Before the relapse (2009) rapidshare and it will bring up all the forums with that file and many you dont have to sign up for too see the links
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2009, 04:48 PM
previously codydavis22

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

into google...... like for apps and games i do it also for both ppc and pc....... per instance for music i would do this.

Eminem Before the relapse (2009) rapidshare and it will bring up all the forums with that file and many you dont have to sign up for too see the links
working pretty good so far Dash........should I start posting the links of the stuff that I'm downloading in the albums forum?
Old 03-15-2009, 05:33 PM

working pretty good so far Dash........should I start posting the links of the stuff that I'm downloading in the albums forum?
if you would like to share than yes please do...... always nice to see need cd's popping up on the site since i miss a lot of new ones simply because i didnt know they were dropping.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2009, 06:14 PM
previously codydavis22

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

if you would like to share than yes please do...... always nice to see need cd's popping up on the site since i miss a lot of new ones simply because i didnt know they were dropping.
The first one worked but after trying to post the 2nd to I got this message both times

Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
Old 03-15-2009, 06:21 PM

The first one worked but after trying to post the 2nd to I got this message both times

Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
as stated in a sticky thread weeks ago thats becasue a staff members has to approve the thread before it goes through.... its call moderation thus why all sites have moderators.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2009, 03:24 PM
previously codydavis22

Ok.....so I listened to you Dash about using itunes and WMP and I have all of my music in both matched up with the appropriate album art. I use WMP to sync my music but still have the same issue. Some of the songs still don't have it when I open them on my phone. Does anybody know how I could fix this?
Old 04-03-2009, 09:34 PM
I Rock..u know it
Mobile Model: touch pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View havox22's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View havox22's Photo Album Add havox22's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Ok.....so I listened to you Dash about using itunes and WMP and I have all of my music in both matched up with the appropriate album art. I use WMP to sync my music but still have the same issue. Some of the songs still don't have it when I open them on my phone. Does anybody know how I could fix this?
i use this

Code

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/
once u get use to using it its a breeze & it will search amazon or a couple other sites to match up your music if u choose to use that feature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to havox22 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2009, 01:20 AM
previously codydavis22

Thanks man I downloaded that program and I'm messing with it now. If you could please tell me what would be the quickest way for me to make sure that all of my music has images on my phone? I have all of my albums each in a folder inside another folder on my external hard drive. I imported all of that music into WMP which I use to sync my music. Worst case scenerio I can remove all my music from my phone and WMP and re-sync it after it has all been edited. However, I am sure there is an easier way.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
image, music, tab