Old 04-07-2009, 01:45 AM
V I P V I P is offline   Thread Starter  
previously codydavis22
Mobile Model: Motorola Droid
Mobile Carrier: Verizon
Mobile OS: 6.5

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View V I P's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View V I P's Photo Album Add V I P's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
StarROM 20 (The New Beginning) WM 65 5221222

2.0[/CENTER]

Whats new in 2.0
-StarROM.tsk - custom task & softkey bar in all app (check it out)
-Finger Keyboard as default (but still has black ezinput)
-6.5 taskbar icons
-htc calculator now works in Titanium Version
-All Manila bugs are worked out and boy its SMOOTH! (g-alarm to be pathched in next release) - but world clock is disabled
-fixed Tachi Volume Control with Sys or Ring Volume seperate or combined
-Nue KeyboardLight 1.7
-Nue NullKeyboard for lanscape
-Nue GPSSecurity
-Nue FastCharge battery.dll

Enjoy!!!
StarROM 2.0
2.0m - Tf3d2
2.0t - Titanium

Bugs:
Comm Manager Skin is messed. Install This - CommManager Fix

HTC Calculator link on the start menu doesnt work ( found a fix )

Solution:
htcCalculator was already installed, the issue was only that the link on the start menu was not connected to the actual program. So you just go to Device/Windows and scroll until you see htcCalculator in there. After that hold down on it and copy. Navigate to Device/Windows/Start Menu/Programs and delete the HTC Calculator shortcut that is already there. Then just paste shortcut and if you want you can rename the shortcut to HTC Calculator instead of htcCalculator.

Windows Media Player link on start menu doesnt work ( found a fix )

Solution:
The same procedure as 1 except the file you are looking for in Device/Windows is wmplayer and you can delete Windows Media shortcut from Device/Windows/Start Menu/Programs and then paste this one and rename it to Windows Media.

If Opera 9.5 Beta is closed using the x button in the upper right instead of using Menu > exit > ok the widgets menu comes up and you cant reopen Opera without either a soft reset or using a dask manager to end the opera9.exe process.

Solution:
The only fix for this is using the Menu > Exit > ok instead of the x there isnt a fix that i have found other than that.

The default lock option is not 6.5 default; it is the old device lock from 6.1 ( found the fix.. this may have been outlined somewhere and I overlooked it )

Solution:
If you go to Start > Settings > Lock > Display Tab > change to windows default instead of windows classic and it will be the 6.5 lock press ok and you'll be all set.

I won't be held responsible for anything you do to your phone!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to all of PPC Geeks for giving us geeks something to do.

Also thank to:
JD - for providing the origanal kitchen that I learned from, to edit and make my own. (goto his post and thanks him)
Juicy - for his amazing ROMs which inspired me to make my own.
And many others whos work I have learned from.

Even though StarRom is provided free of charge, if you'd like to buy me a beer feel free to [URL="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_butt

Thanks

i take no credit for this rom and oeiginal thread can be found here:
[CODE]http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63044[/CODE]
The Following 46 Users Say Thank You to V I P For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 04-07-2009, 01:52 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch & Pro!!
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,440 Posts

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: StarROM 65 5221202 Touch Pro V13 (Rhodium clock patched to G-Alarm)

My personal preference for wm6.5 roms on the Touch pro... I love this (and ATR 3 TF3D!!)... now if only I could dual boot this thing...lol... but a nice rom never the less, will be updated to 1.4 soon so If anyone want to flash, it may be worth just waiting...

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 04-10-2009, 06:48 PM
Supporter/Designer
Mobile Model: TouchPro
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View DJCaSpER's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View DJCaSpER's Photo Album Add DJCaSpER's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

this rom is great. i flashed it this moring and have been playing with it sense and still havent had to charge it yet. bat life is great. im going to try to put up screen shots from my phone lets see if this works. my screen shot r from the 6.5 interface and tf3d2.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DJCaSpER For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2009, 06:54 PM
Supporter/Designer

View DJCaSpER's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View DJCaSpER's Photo Album Add DJCaSpER's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

ok i think i got it this time.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen02.jpg   Screen03.jpg   Screen04.jpg  

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DJCaSpER For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2009, 07:13 PM

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by DJCaSpER View Post

this rom is great. i flashed it this moring and have been playing with it sense and still havent had to charge it yet. bat life is great. im going to try to put up screen shots from my phone lets see if this works. my screen shot r from the 6.5 interface and tf3d2.

ok i think i got it this time.
Nice... glad your enjoying the rom....def one of my personal favorites... just to let u know... 1.4 is out, and although I havent checked the ppc geeks thread in a cpl days... Starmans said he may be releasing 1.5 soon... so, that may be out as well... not sure if your running this version or not, so i wanted to let you now.... Ill be updatin this thread once i get back in a day or two, unless another staff beats me to it, but currently, im mobile and out of town.... thanks for the helpful feedback!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2009, 07:38 PM
Supporter/Designer

o ya i forogt to say im running the 1.4 rom. it a great rom and fast and smooth. the only problems im having with it is the clock is 1 hour behind and i have instald the fix for it from the atr rom but it work untill the phone goes to sleep when u turn it back on u have to reset the clock. also in the tf in the contacts u cant add pic's. u have to go back to the 6.5 interface to add the pic's too the contacts and it works that way. other then that thats it. those are the only 2 problems im have with this rom. he said that this weekend he should be putting out 1.5 but he's sick right now so it might take a lil longer. witch is understandable. can't wait for the next 1 to come out. well i hope that helps with info i gave for the 1.4 rom.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DJCaSpER For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2009, 07:13 AM

o ya i forogt to say im running the 1.4 rom. it a great rom and fast and smooth. the only problems im having with it is the clock is 1 hour behind and i have instald the fix for it from the atr rom but it work untill the phone goes to sleep when u turn it back on u have to reset the clock. also in the tf in the contacts u cant add pic's. u have to go back to the 6.5 interface to add the pic's too the contacts and it works that way. other then that thats it. those are the only 2 problems im have with this rom. he said that this weekend he should be putting out 1.5 but he's sick right now so it might take a lil longer. witch is understandable. can't wait for the next 1 to come out. well i hope that helps with info i gave for the 1.4 rom.
Interesting... good reveiw... I too am on 1.4, but I havent had any issues like that, the clock is the most consistently precise one ive come across for tf3d2, and works flawlessly for me w/ the g-alarm patch... as for the contact photo, havent noticed... snce most of my contact and photos are setup together from previous flash so when i run pimbackup, it restore all my contact w/ pics in tact... still doesnt sound like too major of a prob... id ask, tho... when you flash did you pull battery and hard reset? works wonders for getting those lil bugs worked out from fresh flashes...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2009, 07:42 AM
Supporter/Designer

ok now im really having a problem. when i flashed this rom was about 10am yesterday i played with it all day cuz i was off from work. i went to bed about 12am. now that it is 7:30am i grabed my phone and tryed to turn it on it wouldnt turn on the throttel lock was not wantting to work so i soft reset when it starts to boot. it gets to the touch pro screen witch is the first boot screen. at the bottom of the screen the radio drivers and all that stuuf that comes up when u turn ur phone on. well thats about all my phone does now. i still can put it in bootloader i can try and reflash. or u think a hardreset might work? for hard reset the phone has to be off then hold volum up soft reset and power botton, right?

--------- New Post Merged on 11/4/2009 at 0830 --------

“ Originally Posted by crazaytalent View Post

Interesting... good reveiw... I too am on 1.4, but I havent had any issues like that, the clock is the most consistently precise one ive come across for tf3d2, and works flawlessly for me w/ the g-alarm patch... as for the contact photo, havent noticed... snce most of my contact and photos are setup together from previous flash so when i run pimbackup, it restore all my contact w/ pics in tact... still doesnt sound like too major of a prob... id ask, tho... when you flash did you pull battery and hard reset? works wonders for getting those lil bugs worked out from fresh flashes...

ya i hardreset after flash. ya im not sure about my problems, because even when i talk talk to them over at ppcgeeks there not having that problem either. so im not sure. they told me to reflash and try again.

--------- New Post Merged on 11/4/2009 at 0920 --------

ok i just hard rest again and now it's booting up now. i now how to hard reset but it was not working. i got on youtube and watched a russian video how to hard reset and it still didnt work for a few times but i got it to work. u can hard reset when phone is on and off the same way. but it seems to working ok now. i'll let u all know how things go.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:59 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

ppcgeeks is blocked for me right now.... can someone please add the direct download link to this rim for me so i can check it out at work today?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2009, 12:53 PM
Supporter/Designer

here u go dash..

Code

http://www.sendspace.com/file/octwqz

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DJCaSpER For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2009, 01:10 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

here u go dash..

Code

thanks for doing that got all coded correctly for you too so know one jumps on your ass...... thanks again for taking the time to get that up for me.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2009, 06:14 PM
Supporter/Designer

not a problem. u have done alot for me and u couldnt get it so why not and help u out. ya sorry about the coding part i was real busy.

Old 04-11-2009, 07:14 PM

not a problem. u have done alot for me and u couldnt get it so why not and help u out. ya sorry about the coding part i was real busy.
no troubles since i forget from time to time also......
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2009, 10:40 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

here u go dash..

Code

Added link to first post!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BiG JeW For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2009, 10:48 PM
Mobile Model: palm pre
Mobile OS: WebOS

View cookz123z's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View cookz123z's Photo Album Add cookz123z's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

not trying to bash the atr rom but is this one better? if so why?,...thanks bro

My personal preference for wm6.5 roms on the Touch pro... I love this (and ATR 3 TF3D!!)... now if only I could dual boot this thing...lol... but a nice rom never the less, will be updated to 1.4 soon so If anyone want to flash, it may be worth just waiting...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cookz123z For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2009, 10:52 PM
Supporter/Designer

ok sense i had to hard reset, this rom runs flawlessly fast smoth as i have stated. there is 1 thing that does not work in the tf contact edit. if u add a new contact to ur contacts u can't add a photo in the tf. u have to go to start/setting/today and dissable tf3d and then go to start/contacts/add contacts/edit. there is no fix for this that i know of but sense i have been messing with everything sense i have flashed this rom thats the way i found out that u can edit ur contacts so yay for me i found a loophole behind the bug. but other then that best rom i've used so far.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:17 PM

this rom is fairly large gys... about 105 meg download... and sendspace is very slo... there some megaupload mirrors posted in the thrread at ppcgeeks... ill try t find in a li bit to update 1st pst... it helps save on dl time... trust me...

“ Originally Posted by cookz123z View Post

not trying to bash the atr rom but is this one better? if so why?,...thanks bro
Truthfully I wouldnt say better, but different... main reason Im running w/ this rom is because one i got a taste of 6.5 and seen it running very smooth nd flawless... even better than 6.1 in some case, like scrolling and look... i had a hard time going back to 6.1... I also love the fix to the clock issue in rhodium with the galarm patch (although i find myself using basic win mo today screen more and more) the battery life is great out of box, and so is performance, and it only gets better with the inclusion of the registry settings and tweak from Taylor... but truthfully... if this was a basic 6.1 rom id probably still be on atr, but 6.5 has spoiled me.... outside of that... everything else is actually similar to atr, performance wise and battery wise... its an impressive rom... and im just waitin for my Atr fellas to release their own 6.5 rom(although it may not be for a while) and I can come home!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2009, 12:06 AM

Re: StarROM 65 5221202 Touch Pro V14 (Rhodium clock patched to G-Alarm)

Bump Bump^^^

updated 1st post w/ faster download mirror and 1.4 title...

Old 04-12-2009, 03:10 PM
Supporter/Designer

starrom 1.5 is out but the link is broken he just released about 5 mins ago. when he gets home he's going to reup the link. and when he does im going to drop over here.

Old 04-12-2009, 03:20 PM

starrom 1.5 is out but the link is broken he just released about 5 mins ago. when he gets home he's going to reup the link. and when he does im going to drop over here.
cool good looking and damn i knew i should have waited for the flash yesterday night, but so far so good on this rom and will report back later tonight with battery life and all those goodies about the rom and how it runs..... than i guess i will flash over to 1.5 if i get a chance.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2009, 03:30 PM

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

cool good looking and damn i knew i should have waited for the flash yesterday night, but so far so good on this rom and will report back later tonight with battery life and all those goodies about the rom and how it runs..... than i guess i will flash over to 1.5 if i get a chance.
Nice, definatly interested to hear your thoghts on this one... Ill prolly flash 1.5 tomorrow or l8a this week, itll all depend on weather the update is significant enough to go through the efforts of a reflash

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2009, 05:18 PM

Nice, definatly interested to hear your thoghts on this one... Ill prolly flash 1.5 tomorrow or l8a this week, itll all depend on weather the update is significant enough to go through the efforts of a reflash
yup exactly what i was thinking.... if nothing drastic is changed im gonna stick with this one or if nothing that i care about is changed i will stick othrwise flash
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2009, 05:24 PM

yup exactly what i was thinking.... if nothing drastic is changed im gonna stick with this one or if nothing that i care about is changed i will stick othrwise flash
HaHaHa! Great minds think alike!

Old 04-12-2009, 07:08 PM

HaHaHa! Great minds think alike!
yuppers that is for sure
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Supporter/Designer

here is the starrom 1.5

--------- New Post Merged on 12/4/2009 at 1023 --------

sorry i was trying to code it and i cant get it to work

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DJCaSpER For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2009, 09:14 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Coded link for you... thanks.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BiG JeW For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2009, 09:15 PM
Supporter/Designer

im about to flash and ill let u all know tomorrow how it is.

--------- New Post Merged on 12/4/2009 at 1058 --------

dam it's downloading 900kb/s. this is going to be a fast flash. lol

--------- New Post Merged on 12/4/2009 at 1037 --------

Old 04-12-2009, 09:18 PM

im about to flash and ill let u all know tomorrow how it is.

--------- New Post Merged on 12/4/2009 at 1058 --------

hahahahha a fast flash lmao...... but yeah for sur elet us know what you think of it..... and this rom mixed with us cellular radio so far has been butter for me couldnt be happier and havent had any bugs besides the known photo for contacts bug..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Supporter/Designer

thats all i came acrose on the 1.4. but will do the intell for u no dought.

--------- New Post Merged on 12/4/2009 at 1059 --------

StarRom 1.5 WM 6.5 21500

Updated to CE OS CE OS 5.2.21500 (build 21500)
Updated Opera to 9.5 beta 2
Fixed Htc Notifications (now it really has snooze Increments)
removed Raph 2 Keyboard (was causing some problems)
A few reg edits

Sorry nothing to major but the next Rom will have alot of appearance changes.

Hope you still like it.

File Explorer Extension 2.05
Soft Reset
BT OnOff
hTorch Flashlight 3.2
Pocket RAR 3.8
dotFred Task Manager
Total Commander
FaceBook
galarm v1.4.6.1 - patched to open on manila clock press
GoogleMaps v3.0.0.2
HTC Menu Overlay
HTC XBmod VGA Rhodium Manila - updated to 1D
MS MyPhone
MS Voice Command
Sliding Sound - not on by default (got to start/settings/system to turn on)
Sprite Backup
Windows Live
WM 6.5 Themes
Pagepool changed to 24
customized XIP
All programs on Program Tab
Background All Tabs
CE OS 5.2.21202 (build 21202)
Rhodium Keyboard - with full working hardware keyboard
Rhodium Notification Manager

--------- New Post Merged on 12/4/2009 at 1001 --------

ok it still has the bug adding photo to contacts in tf. other then that it's mostly the same the 6.5 start menu is fliped not much of a difference um the wallpaper on the 6.5 today screen has been changed. i will let u all know about the batt and everything tomorrow. also insted of have the normal opera built in i had him build in the opera 9.5 bata2. so thats cool i dont have 2 opera's now. lol. wel i have to go to bed i'll get back to u all on the details.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:51 PM

thats all i came acrose on the 1.4. but will do the intell for u no dought.

--------- New Post Merged on 12/4/2009 at 1059 --------

StarRom 1.5 WM 6.5 21500

Updated to CE OS CE OS 5.2.21500 (build 21500)
Updated Opera to 9.5 beta 2
Fixed Htc Notifications (now it really has snooze Increments)
removed Raph 2 Keyboard (was causing some problems)
A few reg edits

Sorry nothing to major but the next Rom will have alot of appearance changes.

Hope you still like it.

File Explorer Extension 2.05
Soft Reset
BT OnOff
hTorch Flashlight 3.2
Pocket RAR 3.8
dotFred Task Manager
Total Commander
FaceBook
galarm v1.4.6.1 - patched to open on manila clock press
GoogleMaps v3.0.0.2
HTC Menu Overlay
HTC XBmod VGA Rhodium Manila - updated to 1D
MS MyPhone
MS Voice Command
Sliding Sound - not on by default (got to start/settings/system to turn on)
Sprite Backup
Windows Live
WM 6.5 Themes
Pagepool changed to 24
customized XIP
All programs on Program Tab
Background All Tabs
CE OS 5.2.21202 (build 21202)
Rhodium Keyboard - with full working hardware keyboard
Rhodium Notification Manager

--------- New Post Merged on 12/4/2009 at 1001 --------

ok it still has the bug adding photo to contacts in tf. other then that it's mostly the same the 6.5 start menu is fliped not much of a difference um the wallpaper on the 6.5 today screen has been changed. i will let u all know about the batt and everything tomorrow. also insted of have the normal opera built in i had him build in the opera 9.5 bata2. so thats cool i dont have 2 opera's now. lol. wel i have to go to bed i'll get back to u all on the details.
thanks for the review and ill be waiting for 1.6 in that case since not much has changed and he said the facelift will be coming THAN..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2009, 10:25 PM

thanks for the review and ill be waiting for 1.6 in that case since not much has changed and he said the facelift will be coming THAN..
same here... ill be holding off as I got 1.4 to perfectly tweaked... thanks for the info DjCasper!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2009, 10:56 AM
Supporter/Designer

sense i flashed the app 'htctopcpopup' is not working on my laptop no more. my laptop is vista and thats the only i can work with my phone. is there a nother app i can use?

The Following User Says Thank You to DJCaSpER For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2009, 12:46 PM
Mobile Model: htc 6800
Mobile Carrier: Alltel

View jmobilefall06's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jmobilefall06's Photo Album Add jmobilefall06's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

just flashed so far the rom is working really well
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jmobilefall06 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2009, 01:56 PM

sense i flashed the app 'htctopcpopup' is not working on my laptop no more. my laptop is vista and thats the only i can work with my phone. is there a nother app i can use?
yeah You need the Usb to PC pop-up cab... I had posted it a while back on the original thread at ppc... but ill upload it here for you in a minute
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cab uploaded... Ill upload the first post with this cab and other goodies that are posted w/in that thread, that help make this rom close to complete...

1.5 is also available, but not a lot ha s changed... and in fact it seems starmans took some feedback from others that didnt work out... currently 1.5 is getting negative reveiws and for battery life, the new build of opera having issues and some other minor stuff, even starmans admits to having issues, but he has some major plans for 1.6 so Ill wait to update then, unless someone else wish to post 1.5... but as of now, most everyone is suggesting staying w/ 1.4...
Attached Files You can't view or download attachments from this post before you thank it.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2009, 02:17 PM
Supporter/Designer

yeah You need the Usb to PC pop-up cab... I had posted it a while back on the original thread at ppc... but ill upload it here for you in a minute
thanks alot..

but it wired when i had 1.4 'htctopcpopup worked but it does not work with 1.5.

The Following User Says Thank You to DJCaSpER For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2009, 02:22 PM

thanks alot..

but it wired when i had 1.4 'htctopcpopup worked but it does not work with 1.5.
the cab I posted is different than the htctopcpopup... I found that one pretty useless... the one i posted gives u the option to choose, either active sync, nass storage device or internet sharing, when u hook up to you pc... i didnt like the other as all that did was notify you that you were tetherd a give u the option to "hide window" this one... i needed this one to get my internet sharing hack to work, give it a try if you like

Old 04-13-2009, 03:50 PM
Supporter/Designer

well i cant even conect to my other pc with active sync. im going to try hard resetting and then if that works im going to flash back to 1.4

--------- New Post Merged on 13/4/2009 at 0508 --------

what i was wanting to do is fix my problem and i have by hard reseting the rom has it build in and did not know it and when trying to add the usbtopcpopup it messed it all up. wel im going to stay on 1.5 now that i know not to install that because it's build in. other then that the 1.5 rom runs just like he 1.4 no difference to me. batt is just as good if not better, because it has been 15 or 16 hours sense i flashed and i have been playing with it the hole time other then when i was sleeping of course. and the batt is down to 60%. if thats bad i dont know what to say. some people may not like the opera bata 2 because u cant zoom in and out from the d-pad like u can with opera that coms with the tp. but as i like to use my phone all time and on the net i want speed inbetween web pages insted all the feturse that the normal opera has. bu that just me. there is only 1 bug wich i have stated and thats it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJCaSpER For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2009, 09:12 AM
Mobile Model: 6800, 6900, diamond

View jerryrigg's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jerryrigg's Photo Album Add jerryrigg's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

holy crap, this thing is awesome!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jerryrigg For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2009, 11:33 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PROOOO

View Gargamel301's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Gargamel301's Photo Album Add Gargamel301's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I flashed the 1.5 rom and I'm loving this rom with win 6.5. My problem is when I go to my internet menu, and press launch browser, nothing happens. If I click a link in a txt or something it opens Opera, other than that I have to go to programs to find opera and open it. That leads to my next question, is there any way to set my favorite programs only like I had with win 6.1, cause I hate scrolling through everything to find programs.

thanks for any help
The Following User Says Thank You to Gargamel301 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2009, 11:42 AM

“ Originally Posted by Gargamel301 View Post

I flashed the 1.5 rom and I'm loving this rom with win 6.5. My problem is when I go to my internet menu, and press launch browser, nothing happens. If I click a link in a txt or something it opens Opera, other than that I have to go to programs to find opera and open it. That leads to my next question, is there any way to set my favorite programs only like I had with win 6.1, cause I hate scrolling through everything to find programs.

thanks for any help
did you pull battery and hard reset after you flash, that usually clear up weird random bugs like the one u described w/ opera, no one else seems to be experiencing that...

as far as the programs list, you cant try installinging a new theme, which will probably give u the defaulted progam launche w/ a fixed number so u can add your favorites, or search for the basic progra launcher cab to get rid of the all programs.. if i comes acrosss one ill post it up for you... but till then 'search' engine here will be your best friend!

Old 04-16-2009, 12:27 PM

View Gargamel301's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Gargamel301's Photo Album Add Gargamel301's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

did you pull battery and hard reset after you flash, that usually clear up weird random bugs like the one u described w/ opera, no one else seems to be experiencing that...

as far as the programs list, you cant try installinging a new theme, which will probably give u the defaulted progam launche w/ a fixed number so u can add your favorites, or search for the basic progra launcher cab to get rid of the all programs.. if i comes acrosss one ill post it up for you... but till then 'search' engine here will be your best friend!
I did the hard reset but did not pull the battery. I'll try it when i get home.

thanks for the help fam!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gargamel301 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2009, 12:45 PM

I did the hard reset but did not pull the battery. I'll try it when i get home.

thanks for the help fam!
wait I just rememberd... the opera build in 1.5, is the new Opera beta 2 build, and for some reason that error/slash glitch is a know issue for 1.5... I believe the developer will be fixing it in 1.6, but for now unless you can got into manilla and fix it for you, you may have to deal with it... or installing the older version of Opera will overwrite the new one and fix also...

Ill see if i can find another alternative, like the manilla fix cabbed up... but no promises

Old 04-16-2009, 12:58 PM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thanks for any help
you can make sub folders ...what i did in windows/programs separated them the way i wanted and works fine.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kaos For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2009, 06:08 PM

“ Originally Posted by kaos View Post

you can make sub folders ...what i did in windows/programs separated them the way i wanted and works fine.
Thats a good idea I'll try that, thanks. I will still re-flash and take battery out because I actually still have the ATR screen pop up when I reset my phone, its been working so I did not worry about it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gargamel301 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2009, 11:16 AM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2

View crookdbill's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crookdbill's Photo Album Add crookdbill's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

By far my favorite rom. The only gripes I have is the slow switch from landscape to portrait and vice versa and the all programs tab...same as the start menu. I asked him in his thread if he could make it removable from customize tabs in settings or if he can make it a favorites tab again. He is currently online at ppc geeks so there might be a chance 1.6 comes out today???
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crookdbill For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2009, 12:06 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2

View crookdbill's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crookdbill's Photo Album Add crookdbill's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Hey everybody, I don't know if anyone is using the 6.5 base. I have been playing around with it and found some neat programs that make it more usable. Hafrust at ppcgeeks made a great tutorial on how to fix the weather on the today screen with Titanium Weather, and also gives step by step how to add a couple of panels to your 6.5 today screen. Please READ the instructions carefully before you make changes as the panel add ons affect your registry files and if you mess it up, you will end up having to hard reset. The weather panel blows away the one in TF3D2 by the way. The phone is also way faster without Touchflo. You should all try to get familiar with 6.5 as it is the future of WM. I like Starrom the best, that is why I added it to this thread. The moderators can do whatever they want with the info. If this helps please hit THANK YOU.

Code

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63086
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to crookdbill For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2009, 12:14 PM
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by crookdbill View Post

hey everybody, i don't know if anyone is using the 6.5 base. I have been playing around with it and found some neat programs that make it more usable. Hafrust at ppcgeeks made a great tutorial on how to fix the weather on the today screen with titanium weather, and also gives step by step how to add a couple of panels to your 6.5 today screen. Please read the instructions carefully before you make changes as the panel add ons affect your registry files and if you mess it up, you will end up having to hard reset. The weather panel blows away the one in tf3d2 by the way. The phone is also way faster without touchflo. You should all try to get familiar with 6.5 as it is the future of wm. I like starrom the best, that is why i added it to this thread. The moderators can do whatever they want with the info. If this helps please hit thank you.

Code

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63086
hi just whant to say you have to code your links check my sig how to oke

grtz weesje
moderator@spj

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2009, 02:26 AM

Re: StarROM 1.6 WM 6.5 5.2.21215 Rhodium - Finally!!!!!

updated first post with the newest version
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2009, 07:19 PM

Re: !!!StarROM 1.6a WM 6.5 5.2.21215 Tf3d2 and Titanium Only Edition!!!!

updated first post with the newest version.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2009, 05:16 PM
Supporter/Designer

Re: StarROM 16a WM 65 5221215 Tf3d2 and Titanium Only Edition

i have been running 1.6 for 2 days now. all i have to say is dam. 1.5 has nothin on this 1. i have not found any problems or bugs yet let u know as i find them. but i have the say the battery life is great. i charged the phone 100% after i flashed, and that was about 5:30pm and went to work got off at 7:00am and had 90% battery did some things i needed to do after i got off work listening to my music and i didnt have to charge my untill and today after i got off. standby battery life is great.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJCaSpER For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
beginning, starrom, [htc-pro]