Old 03-30-2009, 03:27 PM
V I P V I P is offline   Thread Starter  
previously codydavis22
Mobile Model: Motorola Droid
Mobile Carrier: Verizon
Mobile OS: 6.5

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View V I P's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View V I P's Photo Album Add V I P's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Storage card problems

Hey guys I just recently bought a 16gb sd card and swapped it out for my 8gb. I have a lot of music on there but now there is a few problems.

1. The music tab takes for ever to change songs and it loads really slow (I tried the tune up sd card here and it actually made it slower)

2. After flashing roms when I run Sashimi all of the programs that are designated to be installed on the device work fine, however, in auto mode when it gets to installing to the card, the program freezes and doesn't finish.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:31 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch & Pro!!
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,440 Posts

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Storage card problems

Did you format the card before puttin ur files on there and instlaling... sometime cards are ready to use straight out of the package, but sometimes, especially for the larger sd cards, they need to be formatted to run properly... i believe to fat32

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2009, 09:50 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by crazaytalent View Post

Did you format the card before puttin ur files on there and instlaling... sometime cards are ready to use straight out of the package, but sometimes, especially for the larger sd cards, they need to be formatted to run properly... i believe to fat32
fat32 is correct sir
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2009, 09:58 PM
previously codydavis22

View V I P's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View V I P's Photo Album Add V I P's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by crazaytalent View Post

Nope I have never had a problem before so I didn't even think twice about it. How do I do that? Do I need to remove all of the files that I have on it first?

Also I was wondering why when I try and play music with TCMP and i think with one more (since ive had this sd card) the music sounded like it was compressed or something. It wasn't like the real voices but this high pitched wierd sound. I wonder if that is the reason.
The Following User Says Thank You to V I P For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2009, 10:16 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Vogue , Mogul
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View 1LOMOFO's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View 1LOMOFO's Photo Album Add 1LOMOFO's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

[quote=V I P;354356]Nope I have never had a problem before so I didn't even think twice about it. How do I do that? Do I need to remove all of the files that I have on it first?

copy everything from your card to your computer, and re-format your card to FAT32, to do this once your card is in the pc hit start>computer, and right click on your memory card, it will give you the option to format, click and pick FAT32.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 1LOMOFO For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2009, 10:49 PM
previously codydavis22

Damn...i just deleted all 10 gigs of stuff that i had on there and now i see that it is already that format....now what to do? It is a San Disk.....I bought it off ebay for like 50.

--------- New Post Merged on 31/3/2009 at 1249 --------

Well I clicked on it and formatted it anyway (even though FAT32 was the only one available) and put the my SASHIMI folder and the sashimi cab back on and that problem is fixed. Actually it is better than it was before. For some reason before it would automatically install all the apps to my device but when it would get to my SC I would have to manually select it every time it popped up. Now it is doing like it is supposed to and automatically selecting it. Now....we will see what happens once I put my music on.......

Also another reason this may have happened is when I originally put all my files on I dragged them from my phone SC to my new 16gb which was attached via card reader. This time I did it in reverse.
The Following User Says Thank You to V I P For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
card, problems, storage