Post New ThreadReply

Old 05-16-2009, 05:09 PM
RomSfan RomSfan is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Touch XL
Mobile Carrier: Movistar
Mobile OS: 6.0

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View RomSfan's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View RomSfan's Photo Album Add RomSfan's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Problems with the signal and the SIM card

Hi guys, im having some problems with my touch.. I bought it on the US and brought it here to venezuela, I did the sim Unlock, CID unlock, and installed a cooked rom.. that was 2 months ago.. everything was working fine.... a week ago It lost the signal and it never came back...

It works fine with other Operators ad with other sim cards, but the ones from my company wont work.. I tried putting mine on another cell and it works, and i tried putting other sims from the same company I use and they dont work either...

Today I went to a mall near my house where a bunch of stores unlock my phone, hoping someone would know what could be wrong.... But some ppl told me that I had to unlock it again and other ppl told me that it could be reported as stolen or illegal in the operator I use... Whats YOUR oppinion??? what do u think its wrong??

Is there a way to UNLOCK the phone again??
If it is reported as illegal, is there a chance of changing the IMEI or something?? an how could they know which phone Im using??

I would really like to solve this cuz my operator has some great plans for calling and other operators are not that popular here in venezuela! =) thx
Old 05-16-2009, 05:16 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Problems with the signal and the SIM card

“ Originally Posted by RomSfan View Post

Hi guys, im having some problems with my touch.. I bought it on the US and brought it here to venezuela, I did the sim Unlock, CID unlock, and installed a cooked rom.. that was 2 months ago.. everything was working fine.... a week ago It lost the signal and it never came back...

It works fine with other Operators ad with other sim cards, but the ones from my company wont work.. I tried putting mine on another cell and it works, and i tried putting other sims from the same company I use and they dont work either...

Today I went to a mall near my house where a bunch of stores unlock my phone, hoping someone would know what could be wrong.... But some ppl told me that I had to unlock it again and other ppl told me that it could be reported as stolen or illegal in the operator I use... Whats YOUR oppinion??? what do u think its wrong??

Is there a way to UNLOCK the phone again??
If it is reported as illegal, is there a chance of changing the IMEI or something?? an how could they know which phone Im using??

I would really like to solve this cuz my operator has some great plans for calling and other operators are not that popular here in venezuela! =) thx

sounds like your provider doesnt support overseas calls since yours is the only one not working and you tried with different from that provider.... others work because their providers support.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2009, 05:31 PM

View RomSfan's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View RomSfan's Photo Album Add RomSfan's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

The thing is it worked fine for 2 months, then suddenly it lost the signal and it says "searching.." and Im not making overseas calls, im in venezuela, using a venezuelan provider that worked fine for about 2 months and all of a sudden it stopped working..
Old 05-16-2009, 10:35 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by RomSfan View Post

The thing is it worked fine for 2 months, then suddenly it lost the signal and it says "searching.." and Im not making overseas calls, im in venezuela, using a venezuelan provider that worked fine for about 2 months and all of a sudden it stopped working..
mmmmmm..... well you said that all of you under that provider are having troubles after it was working and all at the same time correct? are their phones working with the saem provider or is it just yours that isnt...... if its all of you it may be that your provider is having troubles in your area.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2009, 04:40 PM

its been like that for a week, im comming down to the conclusion that it IS reported as stolen or illegal in my providers sistem so tomorrow im gonna call tech support and explain that i bought it in the US and brought it here to venezuela, unlocked it and used it as mine.. and see if they charge me or sumthng to remove the IMEI from the blacklist.. ill get back to you after i do that, in case i solve the problem and i can help someone else with my info =) thx dash
The Following User Says Thank You to RomSfan For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
card, problems, signal, sim