Post New ThreadReply

Old 04-19-2009, 08:57 PM
ebuzz ebuzz is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View ebuzz's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ebuzz's Photo Album Add ebuzz's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
What exactly does the Today screen do

I've tried to configure (and figure out) the today screen, but just can tell exactly what the hell it does. Sure, I see how it disables TouchFlo, but when I check other items to "appear on the Today screen" I never see them. I must be looking in the wrong place.
Then when I go back I see the items I just checked are no longer checked (except of course, TouchFlo).
So what the hell does it do?
Old 04-19-2009, 09:06 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: What exactly does the Today screen do

“ Originally Posted by ebuzz View Post

I've tried to configure (and figure out) the today screen, but just can tell exactly what the hell it does. Sure, I see how it disables TouchFlo, but when I check other items to "appear on the Today screen" I never see them. I must be looking in the wrong place.
Then when I go back I see the items I just checked are no longer checked (except of course, TouchFlo).
So what the hell does it do?
thats because those are the stock plugins. (thousands more are available here in the apps area) touchflo takes all of the homescreen space so you cant use it with any other plugin.... disable touchflo and than check the others and you will see the difference.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2009, 07:17 AM

View ebuzz's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ebuzz's Photo Album Add ebuzz's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

WOW, I see that now. Too bad b/c some of those other apps would be nice to have as well. What do you guys do to get more than Touchflo on there?
Old 04-20-2009, 07:42 AM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet
Mobile Model: TP2, omnia, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Can You Hear Me Now

Thanked 2,677 Times in 807 Posts

View MikeyD's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View MikeyD's Photo Album Add MikeyD's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

WOW, I see that now. Too bad b/c some of those other apps would be nice to have as well. What do you guys do to get more than Touchflo on there?
you need to be a little more specific we have alot of stuff on our devices..... plus touch flo runs as your today screen you have to disable it to use other stuff

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MikeyD For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2009, 10:27 AM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

you can use second today but i just use mobile shell 3.0 right now as my main and the stock wm 6.5 plugin.... touchflo 3d2 is one i still do bounce back to occassionally.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2009, 11:12 AM

That looks very cool, think I'll try it. I guess you can put all this stuff on and still keep whatever theme or ROM you've added?
Old 04-20-2009, 11:14 AM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

this is the first time i seen this question be asked, but in laymans terms... the today screen is basically a big empty space in your home screen that you can place basically anything you wish to place to make your device more productive and fit your needs, as notification panels, weather, gps watcher, search bar, launcher icons, tasks etc. etc. etc. and as most of us do, place an entire interface that consumes the entire today screen but adds new functionality and style to your device, Touchflo3d, Titanium, PointUI,etc. the beauty of the today screen is the range of possibilities that you can place there, items, order etc.

hope this helps

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

That looks very cool, think I'll try it. I guess you can put all this stuff on and still keep whatever theme or ROM you've added?
Thats correct bro just like dash said ,let us know how it goes bro

The Following User Says Thank You to jr5416 For This Useful Post:

take a look ast the programs many of them use the whole homescreen. use the search feature to the right of the banner and read the descriptions of the apps and take a look at the screenshots.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2009, 05:08 PM
Mobile Model: Diamond2
Mobile Carrier: E-Plus
Mobile OS: 5.0

View DennisDD's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View DennisDD's Photo Album Add DennisDD's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I've put up a petition to HTC, to make the Today screen more configurable (e.g. Tasks, birthdays) and to give us the possibility of using plugins again.

Please sign and spread the link below.

Thanks

>> SIGN PETITION TO HTC: Please give us Today Plugins back in TF3D!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DennisDD For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2009, 12:41 AM
Mobile Model: HtC ToUcH PrIzZo 2
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,710 Posts

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by DennisDD View Post

I've put up a petition to HTC, to make the Today screen more configurable (e.g. Tasks, birthdays) and to give us the possibility of using plugins again.

Thanks

Good luck with that one Bro, altho this is why we have SPJ so we dont have to wait on HTC to give up apps an updates. Just need the phones haha

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GokuSS3 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2009, 05:43 AM
Mobile Model: Diamond2
Mobile Carrier: E-Plus
Mobile OS: 5.0

View DennisDD's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View DennisDD's Photo Album Add DennisDD's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by GokuSS3 View Post

Good luck with that one Bro, altho this is why we have SPJ so we dont have to wait on HTC to give up apps an updates. Just need the phones haha

Thank you for supporting me man, I'm looking to get a 1000 signatures and then contact HTC. In the meantime I've set up a manual as a workaround for all interested in configuring the homescreen without losing TF3D:

The closest solutions (at least for people using TF3D Version 1, e.g. Diamond) seems to be the following. Can't test because I have TF3D Version 2, on which this solution only works till step 5, changing the newly added tab to default doesn't work here yet, hints welcome!

So for all who are using TF3D V1 should this work (can't test, don't have v1 device, please let me know):

1. Please make a complete backup (e.g. Sprite)

2. Please install .net CF 3.5, if not already installed(http://www.vallon.de/download/NETCFv35.wm.armv4i.cab)

3. Install Manila Today Page (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=508102)

4. Install Plugins you'd like to use (Bsp.: http://tiews.info/index.php?show=so...yagenda&lang=en)

5. Complete the steps given in the MTP-Manual in which you can choose which plugins to show and select the newly added today tab of MTP to show them.

6. Install Advanced Config Tool (http://www.touchxperience.com/fr/ou...on-avancee.html)

7. With the Advanced Config Tool change the tabs so the new MTP-Today-tab with your plugins replaces the default home tab of TF3D. It might be possible that you have to change the order of the mentioned steps a little, can't verify - no device. Please see here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...7&postcount=580

Alternatively it is said that also TF3D Config can be used to change the tab order or do it directly in the registry key: HKLM/Software/HTC/Manila/Configuration

Please let me know if this works for you and on what device / version. If you have any idea how to manage ste 7 on the TF3D version 2 devices, then please let me know. People are in desperate need of that.

Thanks,
Dennis

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DennisDD For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2009, 12:52 PM

“ Originally Posted by DennisDD View Post

Thanks

well you can use plugins again without any troubles its still windows so i dont understand this thread... if you disable touchflo or windows default if you are using wm 6.5 from the start/settings/personal/today/items you will have a blank page and any homescreen plugin will work.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
screen, today