Post New ThreadReply

Old 09-30-2009, 02:50 AM
tek tek is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View tek's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tek's Photo Album Add tek's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Phone will Freeze when i watch a movie though IE now its getting worse

Almost everynight for the last yr and a half I will use IE on my phone and navigate to winamp.orb so i can stream movies off my computer to my phone. This way theres very little light from the screen and my GF can sleep.

About 2 weeks ago all the sudden my phone froze up. The movie stopped playing, I tried to soft reset but it wouldnt. It was stuck on a frozen image. Another time I fell asleep only to wake up with my phone stuck on a frozen image from it happening again. It basically happens every night. It doesnt matter if the charger is plugged in or not.

I have been simply taking the battery out, waiting a few moments. Poppin the battery back in and turning it on. But tonight when i went to do that my phone wouldnt boot. It froze at the Green Windows mobile screen. I tried again and it Froze at the touch pro screen. Finally i got it to boot, i went to check my voice messages and it froze again!!

This phone isnt that old. Its a new replacment from one i took in the hottub with me. THis phone is not even Flashed, I have several apps on it. MAgicall, wmwifirouter, pdanet, music id, SMS Security, and a few games.

Please can anyone offer advice!!
I really dont want to hard reset it because entering all the numbers in SMS Security and magicall is going to take forever. But even worse then that, I will lose all my APPS, and I cant redownload them from here, brecause for some reason When I search for SMS Security, or any other app and try to view the Fourm, i get a Error Saying i dont have privlileges to view this section.

Which I dont understand I have been a member since 2008. So is there any other advice besides a Hard Reset? I cant think of one, but you guys know alot more then I do, so im asking the experts. Currently my phone finally is back on. But this problem will not go away on its own.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:57 AM
Mobile Model: htc touch pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 2,355 Times in 750 Posts

View tlpalmer01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tlpalmer01's Photo Album Add tlpalmer01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Phone will Freeze when i watch a movie though IE now its getting worse

as far as the phone freezing, are u running a custom rom?......but without knowing that i would do a hard reset (make sure u back up your contacts) which will clear the phone back to factory settings, thats what i do when things get funky..sometimes u just need to clear it out, then i would install things one at a time and run the winamp program after each install to see if there is a conflict.....
Old 09-30-2009, 07:25 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro

Thanked 1,017 Times in 393 Posts

View ronaldsdv's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ronaldsdv's Photo Album Add ronaldsdv's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I had the same problem a while back and I installed the SK tools located somewhere here

Code

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/f18/sktools-v44711-new-25-09-a-184815
or like tlpalmer01 suggested do a hard reset ... give it a shot ...
Old 09-30-2009, 07:41 AM
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Hi yeah backup and hard reset will be best thing to do and follow this link read number 10 new rule

Code

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/misc.php?do=cfrules&doredir=1&cfrset=1

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
ADMINISTRATOR@SPJ

Old 09-30-2009, 09:08 PM

View tek's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tek's Photo Album Add tek's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

No I have a stock ROM.
AGH CRAP!! I cant get SK tools, I dont have permission to view it.

CYBER WEEsjE: I did see rule 10 when i went hunting around on here. But i thought maybe that was for new members. I figured since I was a member for over a Year I was okay. 33 Thanks and 60 something posts may not be alot after a Year, but thats only becase I try to post only when I think I can help. I try not to junk up the site. And most of the ADMINS on here are right on top of answers, or I simply dont know how to help.

So this sucks. I cant hard reset because I have no way to redownload all my apps till I hit 80 posts.
Im a idiot, I should of saved all my programs on my PC.

--------- New Post Merged on 30/9/2009 at 1126 --------

OH NO!!! I was about to Hard Reset, I remembered I had some CABS on my SD Card. So i could still reinstall some apps.. I took my card out to copy movies to it. Popped it back in my phone. My phone had a error saying it couldnt read my card. I popped it back in my PC.
my Sd CARD shows this }c▌₧┐ç┐áy╒ as its drive letter. And all my folders say Empty and have names with symbols like this aσc·╤╕.#+╕

Im TOTALLY F***ED arent I? There is no way to recover my SD card is there? What the hell. The hits just keep on commin
Old 09-30-2009, 11:07 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by tek View Post

No I have a stock ROM.
AGH CRAP!! I cant get SK tools, I dont have permission to view it.

CYBER WEEsjE: I did see rule 10 when i went hunting around on here. But i thought maybe that was for new members. I figured since I was a member for over a Year I was okay. 33 Thanks and 60 something posts may not be alot after a Year, but thats only becase I try to post only when I think I can help. I try not to junk up the site. And most of the ADMINS on here are right on top of answers, or I simply dont know how to help.

So this sucks. I cant hard reset because I have no way to redownload all my apps till I hit 80 posts.
Im a idiot, I should of saved all my programs on my PC.

--------- New Post Merged on 30/9/2009 at 1126 --------

OH NO!!! I was about to Hard Reset, I remembered I had some CABS on my SD Card. So i could still reinstall some apps.. I took my card out to copy movies to it. Popped it back in my phone. My phone had a error saying it couldnt read my card. I popped it back in my PC.
my Sd CARD shows this }c▌₧┐ç┐áy╒ as its drive letter. And all my folders say Empty and have names with symbols like this aσc·╤╕.#+╕

Im TOTALLY F***ED arent I? There is no way to recover my SD card is there? What the hell. The hits just keep on commin
sounds like your card got corrupted and to get the 80 posts you can join in on the forum games and such...
Old 09-30-2009, 11:37 PM

DASH: Thank you man. I didnt want to reformat the card untill I knew for sure I was screwed. Now I might as well. And since my phone is having problems I might as well Unlock and Flash tonight too. (sigh)
I guess I will give the SsS ROM a shot. I pray my phone and my Card were the last of my problems tonight
Old 10-01-2009, 07:14 AM
Mobile Model: htc touch pro

Thanked 2,355 Times in 750 Posts

View tlpalmer01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tlpalmer01's Photo Album Add tlpalmer01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

with a hard reset did it solve the problem?.....i would still unlock and flash but i would do a hard reset first because if its the phone u will still have the stock rom on it and then after u hard reset if all is well then u can customize but i would still install one at a time, it sucks when u get it where u want it then something conflicts and u end up hard resetting again..............
Old 10-01-2009, 07:19 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by tlpalmer01 View Post

with a hard reset did it solve the problem?.....i would still unlock and flash but i would do a hard reset first because if its the phone u will still have the stock rom on it and then after u hard reset if all is well then u can customize but i would still install one at a time, it sucks when u get it where u want it then something conflicts and u end up hard resetting again..............

you said it, but t doesnt revert us from going back and doing it all over again.... its an addiction i tell ya
Old 10-10-2009, 04:43 PM

Its been a week now. I tried the SsS ROM but had a prob with active sync (but i guess most do from what i read), tried the murda ROM and love it but when I went to stream movies from winamp.orb it was horrible lag. I thought it was the ROM, so I switched to the Mighty ROM and same problem. So i guess its not the ROM.

I dont understand why since my hard reset i cant stream movies anymore. Im connected to my Wifi and my speed test from winamp.orb.com is between 1400kbs and 1880kbs.

I donno if this matters but UDP TCP and HTTP are all checked in Windows Media, The Connection speed is set for Wi-Fi/Lan, UDP port is set to 0 and I have tried to check and uncheck "Detect connection speed". I've also set internet connnection speed down to 384kbs and 256kbs.

I know this is off topic for my phone freezing . BUt i didnt want to take up space making a new fourm topic. IF anyone has any advice on what else i can try i would love it. Right now im stuck loading up my sd card with movies i think i may watch and using core player. I miss having en entire selecton from my F Drive
Old 10-10-2009, 05:26 PM
Creativity Unleashed
Mobile Model: htc pro2 baby!!!!!!

Thanked 4,467 Times in 1,422 Posts

View PHE-NOM's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PHE-NOM's Photo Album Add PHE-NOM's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Phone will Freeze when i watch a movie though IE now its getting worse

Its been a week now. I tried the SsS ROM but had a prob with active sync (but i guess most do from what i read), tried the murda ROM and love it but when I went to stream movies from winamp.orb it was horrible lag. I thought it was the ROM, so I switched to the Mighty ROM and same problem. So i guess its not the ROM.

I dont understand why since my hard reset i cant stream movies anymore. Im connected to my Wifi and my speed test from winamp.orb.com is between 1400kbs and 1880kbs.

I donno if this matters but UDP TCP and HTTP are all checked in Windows Media, The Connection speed is set for Wi-Fi/Lan, UDP port is set to 0 and I have tried to check and uncheck "Detect connection speed". I've also set internet connnection speed down to 384kbs and 256kbs.

I know this is off topic for my phone freezing . BUt i didnt want to take up space making a new fourm topic. IF anyone has any advice on what else i can try i would love it. Right now im stuck loading up my sd card with movies i think i may watch and using core player. I miss having en entire selecton from my F Drive

give energy or nfsfans a shot....... and you might as well reformat your sdcard now (FAT 32). dont worry about the apps and games, you are almost there anyways (post count).....

Old 10-11-2009, 05:49 AM

As soon as DASH said my card was toast for sure, i did a reformat. I was hopin to save pics and cabs i had on it. But since he said it was shot I went ahead and did the reformat. I unlocked my phone that night and tried 3 ROMS.

All of which had the LAg issue when streaming media. It doesnt make sense to me that it would be the ROM though. Especially the Mighty ROM. Its so clean and fast. Not even 1 issue. Most ROMS have 1 or 2 bugs.

I just went to winamp.orb.com as i was typing this post. Ran a speed test, it set my connection to 2003kbs Thats the fastest yet. I went to play a Show, and it is stopping every 3 seconds to rebuffer and just laggin bad.

Is there anything else you could suggest besides switching ROMS? I only say that because I found a ROM bug free, and spent 20min entering phone numbers by hand in SMS Security to block txts. I would really hate to go throgh all that again. And possibly switch ROMS only to one i may not like as much,

PS: Thank you guys for all your help so far
Old 10-14-2009, 01:38 AM

I just switched to the New Energy ROM, (Photon)

I still ahve the same problem. When streaming the video is very choppy and it will stop and buffer several times. Its playing at 1629kbs as we speak and it looks clear but its choppy as hell.

I never had this problem with the stock ROM. But ever since I unlocked and Flashed Ive had it. With the SsS, Murda, Mighty and now Energy ROMS. I dont think its the ROM. But what could it be?
Old 10-14-2009, 07:35 AM
Supporter
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro/HERO
Mobile OS: Android

View forty01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View forty01's Photo Album Add forty01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I've been having issues with Orb for some time now. I haven't had the time to look in depth , but my take is it's on Orb's side. If you are using WiFi at your home and trying to use your F Drive, which I do something similar. Just get the Network folder going. I use Resco Explorer and the option to have Network. Their's also a Net Plug In as well, but this is something I use already. What it does is give access, when you're at home to what's on your LAN/Home Network. I then Map my Various Folders (Movies/Pics/BackUp/Programs/etc) on my 1TB network drive. At that point I can just come home, turn my WiFi on and go to my F Drive and click on the movie I want to watch and then CorePlayer opens up and streams w/o issues. I know their are many other ways, but this has been pretty convenient and easy for me to work at home. Orb is great for on the run however, so you might want to do a little research on that and post back. I probably should do the same(been busy), but this setup will work faster for the house + give you access to all your drives at home and pull cabs, docs, or whatever you're needing of your drives at home.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:54 PM

FORTY: Thats exactly what I was doing. I Download all my movies to my F drive. And was using orb to access it. Its a 1TB drive plugged into my laptop.

I had no idea I could do what you just mentioned. From what I read it seems like you are using Resco Explorer to somehow access your PC. I was trying to figure it out. I see a Network Folder in Resco. But Im not sure how to Network it to my Laptop.

I also already have COrePlayer as well. This would def solve my problem. (I love this site).
Since you have Exp doing this FOrty. I gotta ask, how did you Network your phone to your PC?

Im Running Vista 32bit. The only thing ive ever done was use WindowMedia player to share files with my Xbox for streaming. But the Xbox does most of the work,

Im not sure how to use my phone to find my laptop. Network discovery is on, media sharing is on.
But im clueless as to what to do next. Thank you for reading this thread. and thank you for your help
Old 10-14-2009, 11:02 PM
Supporter

View forty01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View forty01's Photo Album Add forty01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Instructions:

1) Turn WiFi On
2) In Resco Explorer, go to the Network Folder
3) Click on Menu
4) Click on File
5) Click on Network
6) Click on Map Drive
7) Then enter you remote path ie: \\Iomega-0A1D63\movies\
8) Click on Share
9) Click on Done, unless you want to modify anything
10) It will take you directly into that folder when complete
11) Click Up and start the whole process over again

Once you have mapped your drives. It's easy as going to the Network folder and opening one of the Mapped Drives(Folders) and it will take you directly there. Nice, clean and pretty easy.
Good Luck

Old 10-15-2009, 06:34 AM

Oh hell I would of never found that myself. I hit a small snag though.
I didnt have to type the path out. I simply clicked TEK-PC and the F drive.

Now in Resco in my Network folder I see a file called F on TEK-PC. When I open it I see 3 folders
Graboid <--- has all my movies
Maxtor Back up <--- Just a back up of my laptop
Xbox360 isos <----- All the Xbox games I've Downloaded

But when I open each folder nothing is in them. Inside Graboid should be a folder called Completed and inside that should be hundreds of folders all with movies in them.

I even tried to right click each sub folder and click "share" I clicked share on Graboid, share on Completed. And even clicked share on According to Jim. Which would be the final subfolder which had the TV show in it.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:21 AM
Supporter

Oh hell I would of never found that myself. I hit a small snag though.
I didnt have to type the path out. I simply clicked TEK-PC and the F drive.

Now in Resco in my Network folder I see a file called F on TEK-PC. When I open it I see 3 folders
Graboid <--- has all my movies
Maxtor Back up <--- Just a back up of my laptop
Xbox360 isos <----- All the Xbox games I've Downloaded

But when I open each folder nothing is in them. Inside Graboid should be a folder called Completed and inside that should be hundreds of folders all with movies in them.

I even tried to right click each sub folder and click "share" I clicked share on Graboid, share on Completed. And even clicked share on According to Jim. Which would be the final subfolder which had the TV show in it.
I just want to confirm... you did map them correct???
You also want to make sure you are sharing those drives on your laptop. If not, then it will prevent you from gaining access. Go to your laptop and right click on the drives you want to share and you should see the various options and then follow it's lead and give sharing capabilities of those drives or folders. Good Luck.

Also, the above instructions I gave were to be more specific, because I have a Network 1TB drive, so it's in my office with my router, printer, and all. It's actually plugged directly into my router, so my laptop has nothing attached to it. So, the above instruction were just in case you had to be exact

Old 10-15-2009, 07:30 AM

I just tried to click Map Drive, and this time I clicked TEK-PC and in the tree of Folders that was on the list I clicked Completed (since thats where all my movies are). But i noticed the path name when it changed only said \\TEK-PC\Completed
Shouldnt it be longer then this? Since the Completed folder is inside my F drive and then inside another folder called Graboid.

Anyway I got this error "Cannot map network path. Network resource cannot be found or you do not have a permission to access the network"

I was going to try and type the path out myself but I cant type it out any further then \\TEK-PC\iomega
if i try to add another \ after iomega it just makes a noise and erases the \
Im not even sure what the correct path would be if i typed it out myself, I would assume
\\TEK-PC\F\Graboid\Completed

But I dont think thats right. Because yours is \\Iomega-0A1D63\movies\

But it wont let me type another \ after F either. it seems like the path cant be any longer then \\TEK-PC\F
which doesnt make sense to me.
BTW FOrty. Thank you for all your help so far

--------- New Post Merged on 15/10/2009 at 0848 --------

Oh crap. LOL. You must have replied as I was typing out my reply.
Well that makes sense now why your path is only \\Iomega-0A1D63\movies\

And yes I right clicked every folder and set it to share. Password is Off

Oh and to answer your question I didnt Map them at all. I simply clicked on the Folders that were showing up in Resco. and it would do the rest for me. but like i said in the post up top it doesnt seem right to me
Resco shows \\TEK-PC\Completed
when I think it should be \\TEK-PC\F\Graboid\Completed
But resco wont let it be that long
Old 10-15-2009, 07:59 AM
Supporter

I just tried to click Map Drive, and this time I clicked TEK-PC and in the tree of Folders that was on the list I clicked Completed (since thats where all my movies are). But i noticed the path name when it changed only said \\TEK-PC\Completed
Shouldnt it be longer then this? Since the Completed folder is inside my F drive and then inside another folder called Graboid.

Anyway I got this error "Cannot map network path. Network resource cannot be found or you do not have a permission to access the network"

I was going to try and type the path out myself but I cant type it out any further then \\TEK-PC\iomega
if i try to add another \ after iomega it just makes a noise and erases the \
Im not even sure what the correct path would be if i typed it out myself, I would assume

But I dont think thats right. Because yours is \\Iomega-0A1D63\movies\

But it wont let me type another \ after F either. it seems like the path cant be any longer then \\TEK-PC\F
which doesnt make sense to me.
BTW FOrty. Thank you for all your help so far

Oh crap. LOL. You must have replied as I was typing out my reply.
Well that makes sense now why your path is only \\Iomega-0A1D63\movies\

And yes I right clicked every folder and set it to share. Password is Off

Oh and to answer your question I didnt Map them at all. I simply clicked on the Folders that were showing up in Resco. and it would do the rest for me. but like i said in the post up top it doesnt seem right to me
Resco shows \\TEK-PC\Completed
when I think it should be \\TEK-PC\F\Graboid\Completed
But resco wont let it be that long
Based off what I'm seeing is correct:
My Laptop looks like this and I think it's case sensitive: \\Forty01-PC\c
From there I have full reign over my C Drive, but because my 1TB drive is networked I cannot do that, I have to map it directly to a folder.
You should be able to type more than what you're saying. I do it all the time. I don't think their is even a limitation on what you can type. you should be able to type the path and click share and finalize it after that. Let me know and GL

Just a reminder: Make sure your WiFi is on

Old 10-16-2009, 10:11 AM

What Version of Resco are you using? Mine is 7.05 i dont think that matters though.
The limits of being able to type it out isnt the only thing thats weird. My Folder tree goes like this

F\graboid\completed

When I click Network in Resco and then click MapDrive, I will see a tree of all my folders im sharing. Which is F, Completed, Graboid, Public. If I click to network Completed the path should automatically change to
\\TEK-PC\F\graboid\completed.. But it doesnt. it automatically changes to \\TEK-PC\Completed

Even Resco itssellf wont autocomplete the path longer then it should.

This is so weird. if I MAP just the F drive and dont do subfolders I can see the folders in my F drive. So if I click MAP drive and I just click F Resco will automatically change it to \\TEK-PC\F and I can see the 3 folders on my Drive. Xbox, Maxtor Back up, and Graboid. If I click Properties it shows 843gb used out of 944. BUt it says 0 files.

Then I thought to myself. Since those three folders show up in the Root of F, what if I just movie my movies to the Root of F. So I did that. I moved the Movie Knocked Up out of F\graboid\completed and stuck it in the root.
F\Knocked up. So I use Resco to check it now. And sure enough I see 4 Folders in my Root now.
Xbox, Maxtor Backup, Graboid and now Knocked up. I thought Awesome!!! I can set Graboid to just download movies right into the root of my F drive and problem solved. I clicked on the knocked up Folder to open it.

AND THERES NOTHING IN THERE!! I doulbe checked on my laptop and sure enough the .avi is in there but Resco wont show anything in the folder just like all the others.

So I thought okay let me try one more thing. I moved the avi file itself out of the folder and into the Root of F

Sure enough now it shows the movie, I clicked on it to play it with Coreplayer and I get this error

File not found!
\Network\F\ on TEK-PC\knockedup.avi

WHAT!! How can it not be found? Im looking right at it!! I been at this for a day messing with it as much as i can. As far as I can see Im not doing anything wrong.

On the UP side.. Resco will view all the files on my laptop. The ones on my C drive in the Public Folder.
I tried playing a movie that way. and it does work. But there isnt any room on my C drive.

CorePlayer will pause for just a split second like every 10 or 15 seconds of play time. I know theres a million settings in CorePlayer. Is there anything I can adjust to smooth out the playing so there isnt any constant pausing?

Wow things were so much easier when winamp.orb.com was working lol
I still wish I knew why all the sudden I had problems with it once I Hard reset my phone.

--------- New Post Merged on 16/10/2009 at 1221 --------

FINALLY!!!!!
No i didnt fix the problem with resco seeing movies in the f drive, but as i said it did play movies on my c drive.
but the pausing for a split second every few seconds was getting annoying.

I tried Video Pref, and messed with everything. Selecting Raw frame buffer, direct draw, Qtv. Dither on/off. Im not even sure what dither does. But nothing helped. I was going to try messing with the audio next till I saw
buffering on the list.

I checked the box "Low delay Streaming" and I checked the box "Microdrive mode"
Now the video will play smooth as hell for like 10min, it will stop and buffer for 26seconds. I actually counted. But then it will resume play with out a hiccup for another 10min. I would rather it stop for 20sec and play smooth for along time than have it pause for a split sec every 5 seconds.

Im not sure what good setting are for
Buffer size
Preload underun
Prload audio

And im not sure what a good setting would be for Microdrive buffer size and microdrive starts at

RIght now its all default. I assume making the buffer more then 512kb would be better. But im not sure.And i have no idea what microdrive even is.

Sorry for the long book i wrote lol. But i wanted to be detailed.
I guess if theres no other ideas for Resco I can simply move movies on and offf my C drive. Its better then nothing.
And Coreplayer im fine with a pause every 10min. But if theres anyway I can adjust the buffer setting to make that even better that would be great.

Thank you FORTY!! Without your help I would of never known Resco had that ability.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:14 AM

FINALLY!!!!!
No i didnt fix the problem with resco seeing movies in the f drive, but as i said it did play movies on my c drive.
but the pausing for a split second every few seconds was getting annoying.

I tried Video Pref, and messed with everything. Selecting Raw frame buffer, direct draw, Qtv. Dither on/off. Im not even sure what dither does. But nothing helped. I was going to try messing with the audio next till I saw
buffering on the list.

I checked the box "Low delay Streaming" and I checked the box "Microdrive mode"
Now the video will play smooth as hell for like 10min, it will stop and buffer for 26seconds. I actually counted. But then it will resume play with out a hiccup for another 10min. I would rather it stop for 20sec and play smooth for along time than have it pause for a split sec every 5 seconds.

Im not sure what good setting are for
Buffer size
Preload underun
Prload audio

And im not sure what a good setting would be for Microdrive buffer size and microdrive starts at

RIght now its all default. I assume making the buffer more then 512kb would be better. But im not sure.And i have no idea what microdrive even is.

Sorry for the long book i wrote lol. But i wanted to be detailed.
I guess if theres no other ideas for Resco I can simply move movies on and offf my C drive. Its better then nothing.
And Coreplayer im fine with a pause every 10min. But if theres anyway I can adjust the buffer setting to make that even better that would be great.

Thank you FORTY!! Without your help I would of never known Resco had that ability.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:39 PM
Supporter

haha, sorry that it's been a difficult journey. I do it with mine on diff ROM's and they play w/o any issues at all and blew Orb out the water, because on my on LAN. I'm not sure why you are having issues with entering paths longer and why you are still buffering after the fact. Maybe try a diff Resco Version, for Sh*ts and giggles. That won't solve the buffer issue, but maybe it's a step in the right direction, GL

Old 10-17-2009, 01:29 AM

When I first got the Touch Pro a yr and a half ago I used Orb with no problems at all. Perfect quality, no buffering. even when I unlocked it and flashed still no prob. Then I took my TP in the hottub with me. Got a new one. I never flashed it, just kept it stock and loaded it up with cabs. Still no problems with ORb. Worked 100%
Then all the sudden like 3 weeks ago it would freeze my phone. I had to pull the battery, It was doing this every night. Still perfect quality though. Thats when I posted this thread. Everyone seemed to think a hard reset. So at the same time I flashed it. as soon as I started orb i was like what the hell is this. Laggy, horrible picture quality. I went through 4 ROMS now, So its not them.

I guess I will never know what happened. But thanks to you at least I got it back to watchable. I guess I can mess with the buffer settings and see what happens. Thank you for all your help

ADMINS: I thought I read somewhere we are supposed to take down threads asking for help when the problem is solved. Maybe im wrong. But who knows maybe someone else will find this thread usefull
Old 10-17-2009, 01:10 PM

When I first got the Touch Pro a yr and a half ago I used Orb with no problems at all. Perfect quality, no buffering. even when I unlocked it and flashed still no prob. Then I took my TP in the hottub with me. Got a new one. I never flashed it, just kept it stock and loaded it up with cabs. Still no problems with ORb. Worked 100%
Then all the sudden like 3 weeks ago it would freeze my phone. I had to pull the battery, It was doing this every night. Still perfect quality though. Thats when I posted this thread. Everyone seemed to think a hard reset. So at the same time I flashed it. as soon as I started orb i was like what the hell is this. Laggy, horrible picture quality. I went through 4 ROMS now, So its not them.

I guess I will never know what happened. But thanks to you at least I got it back to watchable. I guess I can mess with the buffer settings and see what happens. Thank you for all your help

ADMINS: I thought I read somewhere we are supposed to take down threads asking for help when the problem is solved. Maybe im wrong. But who knows maybe someone else will find this thread usefull
what? we just mark as solve we dont move them into the recycle bin....... 4this is a forum and everything that has any help in it is on the boards. only thing we move to recycle are duplicate posts and spam posts.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
freeze, frozen phone, movie, phone, watch, worse