Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03-30-2008, 07:55 PM
Mobile Model: iphone 3g
Mobile Carrier: at&t
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View bigman33's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View bigman33's Photo Album Add bigman33's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Sprint Touch vs Sprint Mogul

alltel 6800 is what i have its the same as the mogul and i have to say its the best phone out there if u like the touch so much just put the programs on the 6800 it is by far the best phone out there y do u thank the the touch is so much cheaper go buy the 6800 aka mogul if u dont already own one
Old 03-30-2008, 07:57 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Mogul/Sprint Touch

View AL_CAPONE_X3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View AL_CAPONE_X3's Photo Album Add AL_CAPONE_X3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by bigman33 View Post

alltel 6800 is what i have its the same as the mogul and i have to say its the best phone out there if u like the touch so much just put the programs on the 6800 it is by far the best phone out there y do u thank the the touch is so much cheaper go buy the 6800 aka mogul if u dont already own one
actually last i looked the mogul is cheaper now.

Old 03-31-2008, 07:48 PM
Mobile Model: iphone 3g
Mobile Carrier: at&t

View bigman33's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View bigman33's Photo Album Add bigman33's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

no bro in va the touch is 150 and the 6800 is still 400 bucks
Old 05-20-2008, 01:25 AM
Mobile Model: xv6900

View BlissTouch's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BlissTouch's Photo Album Add BlissTouch's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by bigman33 View Post

no bro in va the touch is 150 and the 6800 is still 400 bucks
co-sign for GA ...
xv6900(touch) $299.99
xv6800(mogul) $399.99

100 dollar difference there. these are the vw prices btw.

I was originally going to get the touch but now I'm really confused I know I want that wifi and I was going to get the microSD wifi for the touch when it becomes available but ... if the 6800 already has it ...... hrmmmmmm.

Can anyone give some more info on what the wifi can handle ..... wpa etc? and how good is the touch screen on the 6800 really?
Old 05-21-2008, 03:38 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch

View jhavok21's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jhavok21's Photo Album Add jhavok21's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I've owned both for a bit. The Touch for a bit longer. I originally bought the Mogul
(6800) with the start of my new contract. However traded it in because i was paying for sprintTV and was unable to use it on the mogul. So i traded it in for the touch, which so far has been great. But the more i read here, the more i want to trade it back in and send dash my mogul. The one thing i disliked with the mogul, was that after a few programs opening up and running in the background it would slow down and kinda hang. But with the touch, it feels like i can do alot more. Course, the guys here could have taken care of that problem on the mogul for me if i had found this site sooner.

So from a touch user, i say, it depends on what you'll be doing. If you plan on modding it (even if you don't) both are great phones. The mogul has the qwerty keyboard, which drew me in. But the touch has a nicer touch interface...in my opinion. Course, what do you expect from a phone with the same name i suppose.

And i believe here in the 219 (NWI) they are still both the same price. However i may be wrong.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:16 PM
Staff Team HTC
Mobile Model: Blackberry
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

View TAR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TAR's Photo Album Add TAR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I know this thread is old, but since i have gotten my touch i change my vote and say the touch it better. they are both good phones though
Old 07-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by TAR View Post

I know this thread is old, but since i have gotten my touch i change my vote and say the touch it better. they are both good phones though
lmao ive been flopping back and fourth ever since 2 months before both of these phones came out.... (im good like that) and im now selling my mogul and keeping the touch until the diamond and touch pro come out..... i decided on this for the mear fact that i got used to the t9 text input really fast and for my use the extra ram is a must. and the big thing of the gps and rev a is fixed now so im not gonna botch on that factor and hold that against the touch and longer..... as tar stated they are both great phones and depending on your use will decide what phone you like better.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Staff Team HTC

View TAR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TAR's Photo Album Add TAR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

also dont let keyboard be a factor b/c with t9 i can type just as fast as i can with my mogul. also personal preference. and like dash said ram is a must and i love the fact that i dont have to worry bout that anymore.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:05 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro

View worldwide's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View worldwide's Photo Album Add worldwide's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

booo to the touch! lol nah my bro has one not good for playing games that was my deciding factor but i am jealous of the memory though.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:54 AM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

lmao ive been flopping back and fourth ever since 2 months before both of these phones came out.... (im good like that) and im now selling my mogul and keeping the touch until the diamond and touch pro come out..... i decided on this for the mear fact that i got used to the t9 text input really fast and for my use the extra ram is a must. and the big thing of the gps and rev a is fixed now so im not gonna botch on that factor and hold that against the touch and longer..... as tar stated they are both great phones and depending on your use will decide what phone you like better.
haha i knew you would give in to THE DARK SIDE lol

i miss mainly the keyboard but nevertheless im lovin my Touch

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-03-2008, 10:21 AM
Mobile Model: xv6900

View BlissTouch's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BlissTouch's Photo Album Add BlissTouch's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I love my touch ... going to be flashing to rev a this weekend .... just wanted to live with it for awhile since it's my first smartphone. I any event yeah not good for games but is the bomb none the less!
Old 07-03-2008, 12:26 PM
Certified G
Mobile Model: mogul
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View miles2325's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View miles2325's Photo Album Add miles2325's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I pick the Mogul over the Touch because of the keyboard and the Mogul is Wi-Fi Enabled
Old 07-03-2008, 12:47 PM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i have the mogul right now, but i would say the touch is a better PHONE. I could type faster on the touch's keypad, and i never use wifi. The mogul is noticeably slower if you've used both phone religiously you would see this too. The mogul is still a VERY nice phone, but it definitely could have been put together with better specs. if the mogul was thinner/had a different design and had double the memory i would say it is a better phone.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:58 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

why dnt the tilt go to sprint???!!!! damn, the memory of a touch, 3mp camera, wifi, and keyboard so everyone is happy!!! oh well, TouchPro it is!!!!

Old 07-03-2008, 01:18 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by mike20pr View Post

why dnt the tilt go to sprint???!!!! damn, the memory of a touch, 3mp camera, wifi, and keyboard so everyone is happy!!! oh well, TouchPro it is!!!!
lmao efor sure touch pro and diamond on their way!!!!
Old 07-04-2008, 06:59 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro, Vogue

View dette's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dette's Photo Album Add dette's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I got the mogul for the keyboard.. thinking about getting the touch instead but i cant type well on the onscreen keyboard on the mogul.. even using touchpal and stuff

Old 07-04-2008, 07:01 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

“ Originally Posted by dette View Post

I got the mogul for the keyboard.. thinking about getting the touch instead but i cant type well on the onscreen keyboard on the mogul.. even using touchpal and stuff
i use pcm keyboadd with diamond skin which is bigger, and if i go to landscape i can type faster than i could in the mogul due to the big buttons

spb full screen is also a good move for the typing issue

Old 07-04-2008, 07:04 PM

View dette's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dette's Photo Album Add dette's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

tried spb... dont like how it covers the screen.. but i can use it well... i like pcm but i still mess up qa lot.. i want the touch cuz its smaller, more memory, and the screen isnt indended like the mogul... ill look for the diamond skin for pcm

Old 07-04-2008, 10:41 PM
Mobile Model: htc mogul

View jesbeline's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jesbeline's Photo Album Add jesbeline's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

well for me the mogul 6800 is better than the touch... the touch is too small n without buttons to press... I luv having options... specially sliding it.. lol, But yeah my mogul ppc is the best phone I ever had... still have it... lol
Old 07-05-2008, 02:07 AM

“ Originally Posted by jesbeline View Post

well for me the mogul 6800 is better than the touch... the touch is too small n without buttons to press... I luv having options... specially sliding it.. lol, But yeah my mogul ppc is the best phone I ever had... still have it... lol
i love my mugul... its real big in the pocket though thats a reason i would get the touch.. but i love the buttons when i dont wanna "touch" even though the moguls buttons suck lol

Old 07-05-2008, 10:12 AM
Staff Team HTC

if you guys actually had one you would think differently. I used to think like that until I got one. there are more positives than negatives. don't base off what you see base it off if you have used it
Old 07-05-2008, 11:21 AM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

if you guys actually had one you would think differently. I used to think like that until I got one. there are more positives than negatives. don't base off what you see base it off if you have used it
PREACH ON BROTHA!!!

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Staff Team HTC

PREACH ON BROTHA!!!

Posted via Mobile Device

lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-05-2008, 02:31 PM

lol
Posted via Mobile Device
lmao @ tar.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:53 AM

Yeah I went to the store today and really like the touch! so light! suretype is easy on it too! I think I am going to switch

Old 07-06-2008, 01:24 AM

Yeah I went to the store today and really like the touch! so light! suretype is easy on it too! I think I am going to switch
another one bites the dust.
Old 07-06-2008, 01:39 AM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

welcome to the DARK SIDE....

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-07-2008, 03:30 AM

Hahah! Yeah I am still undecided as of now... I would miss the keyboard so much but I am moving a lot and a big PPC in my pocket(the mogul is not big compared to others!) is not the easiest to manage let me tell you! lol

Old 07-07-2008, 09:36 PM

View thegameksk's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View thegameksk's Photo Album Add thegameksk's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Man i had a touch in january. When i found out the rev A rom was coming out for mogul first i switched. Now i want a touch! damn!
Old 07-07-2008, 10:13 PM

“ Originally Posted by thegameksk View Post

Man i had a touch in january. When i found out the rev A rom was coming out for mogul first i switched. Now i want a touch! damn!
Haha yeah.. My plan is to just use a custom rom with gps and rev a if i get a touch

Old 07-10-2008, 11:55 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Vogue (Touch)

View hueman84's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View hueman84's Photo Album Add hueman84's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yea I decided to go with the Touch mainly because I didnt want a huge hulk of a PPC in my pocket. My Touch comes in Saturday and first thing I am doing is flashing it and modding the crap out of it. I am coming from Using a Moto Q (which IMO sucked hardcore).
Old 07-10-2008, 02:25 PM

“ Originally Posted by hueman84 View Post

Yea I decided to go with the Touch mainly because I didnt want a huge hulk of a PPC in my pocket. My Touch comes in Saturday and first thing I am doing is flashing it and modding the crap out of it. I am coming from Using a Moto Q (which IMO sucked hardcore).
I am going to switch for the Touch tomorrow... I was at the apple store playing with iPhones and I thought that the onscreen keyboard isnt that bad and I realized its annoying pulling out my Moguls keyboard everytime.. So I use the Touch Keyboard anyways...
I like the Q actually... I like the Q9 better though lol

Old 07-10-2008, 02:30 PM

I am going to switch for the Touch tomorrow... I was at the apple store playing with iPhones and I thought that the onscreen keyboard isnt that bad and I realized its annoying pulling out my Moguls keyboard everytime.. So I use the Touch Keyboard anyways...
I like the Q actually... I like the Q9 better though lol
dont go with any just plain smartphone you will miss the touch screen trust me.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:35 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

dont go with any just plain smartphone you will miss the touch screen trust me.
im the same way, since i had my Mogul i wont settle for anything that isnt WinMo and Touchscreen!!!

Old 07-10-2008, 02:58 PM

im the same way, since i had my Mogul i wont settle for anything that isnt WinMo and Touchscreen!!!
Yep I know how you feel...
I still like the Q9 quite a bit because its an excellent smartphone but I prefer a PPC

Old 07-11-2008, 11:49 PM

So yeah.. I switched to the Touch... So far I really like it! Its so small and fast.. Still not fast with the keyboard but getting there

Old 07-12-2008, 02:34 PM

So yeah.. I switched to the Touch... So far I really like it! Its so small and fast.. Still not fast with the keyboard but getting there
nice choice and use t-9 i am sooooooo fast with that sucker.
Old 07-12-2008, 03:40 PM

nice choice and use t-9 i am sooooooo fast with that sucker.
Haha yeah XT9 is awesome!
I keep hitting the letter below what i mean to hit. I think my screen isnt calibrated right

Old 07-12-2008, 04:57 PM

Haha yeah XT9 is awesome!
I keep hitting the letter below what i mean to hit. I think my screen isnt calibrated right
recalibrate from start/settings/personal/screen.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:58 PM
Staff Team HTC

i calibrate my screen with my thumb instead of stylus b/c that is what i use most of the time.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:58 PM
Staff Team HTC

“ Originally Posted by I930 KING View Post

yes i own a touch and im very sad to say that the mogul is way better. I wish i had one
disagree
The Following User Says Thank You to TAR For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2008, 02:02 PM

disagree
+1 they are both great phones and equally good in their own way with the features that they offer.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:02 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

disagree
im 50-50 on this.

i miss the keyboard and wifi but I MUST have the memory of a Touch

if only the tilt went to sprint, everyone would be happy

Old 07-13-2008, 02:14 PM
Staff Team HTC

im 50-50 on this.

i miss the keyboard and wifi but I MUST have the memory of a Touch

if only the tilt went to sprint, everyone would be happy
That is true. I dont miss the keyboard b/c t9 i'm pretty fast with that and if i'm somewhere where there is wifi i probably have my laptop so doesnt really matter to me
Old 07-13-2008, 02:17 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

That is true. I dont miss the keyboard b/c t9 i'm pretty fast with that and if i'm somewhere where there is wifi i probably have my laptop so doesnt really matter to me
i cant use t9 much cuz all the texting is in spanish and it cant auto recognize most of my words so i need a full querty

Old 07-13-2008, 02:25 PM
Staff Team HTC

o ok gotcha
Old 07-18-2008, 08:45 PM

View thegameksk's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View thegameksk's Photo Album Add thegameksk's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

after arguing with ecare i was able to switch my mogol for touch. im loving it.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:19 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch

View Mightymike314's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mightymike314's Photo Album Add Mightymike314's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Touch!!!! The size is what drew me to it and since I was used to using Palm grafiti, no keyboard was not an issue. There is just so much you can do with it. I upgraded from a Samsung A900 and I didn't even know how much more I could get done with it. It is STUPID how much you can customize it (with the help of people smarter than me on this site and XDA)

My 2 cents
The Following User Says Thank You to Mightymike314 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2008, 06:24 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

disagree
Well THIS IS MY HONEST OPINION! I miss my mogul for "CERTAIN THINGS" the main one is the slide out keyboard. i have owned a touch for a month now and flashed MANY ROMS and played with many functions on the touch. I am familiar with both devices. This thread is designed as a personal preference. So its what you prefer. Id take the Mogul with KAOS TAKE3 ROM over the touch!!

SIKE!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to BiG JeW For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2008, 10:30 PM
Mobile Model: htc touch pro

View whogivsafuq's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View whogivsafuq's Photo Album Add whogivsafuq's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i have the mogul. love it and happy with it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whogivsafuq For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
mogul, sprint, touch