Post New ThreadReply

Old 04-13-2009, 08:07 PM
stanman stanman is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: htc touch
Mobile Carrier: us cellular
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View stanman's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View stanman's Photo Album Add stanman's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
htc us cellular lied can i void my contract

ok i got the vogue with the unlimited data plan #777 and today i got an email saying my ****in net erm..my data plan was exceeded. so i called um up and there like "u exceeded ur 5gig data plan" im like i have unlimited and hes like this isnt the first time this has happened to you but last time we let it slide. wdf? did he not here me "I HAVE THE ****IN UNLIMITED DATA PLAN DOOSH"
he sez what i can do is turn it back on but dont let it happen again....FINE!

ok i called the place i go in and pay and where i got my phone and they told me to call 611 and the ***** there is like yea theres 2 plans ones alil bit more but is unlimited..........i have unlimited!! let me cut the story there so.

do u think i can get outa my contract? cuz i know this is gunna happen again cuz i tether. if they cancle me then i still gotta pay for internet that i cant used cuz there dumbasses and its gunna be like that till i get a new phone.

i wanna cancle my contract and not pay there like 14 month fee its like 12 14 ive been on there for almost a year now since last summer

what can i do about these lying ass *****es?

oh and when i bought the phone the chicks like yea u can s tream video and play on the net all day its real cool.....the dude that hooked my net up sez its not for streaming and some other shit...
Old 04-13-2009, 08:17 PM
Mobile Model: XV-6800 (Flashed)
Mobile Carrier: Cricket

View DenverDev's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View DenverDev's Photo Album Add DenverDev's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: htc us cellular lied can i void my contract

If you still have the original contract that you signed reference your plan, go throught it very carefully.....Look for where they have "Unlimited" as being limited to 5GB per month.....If there is no mention of a limit imposed then I think you have a convincing argument...Now, quite often, they will throw in a little line about "plan details can change without notice"....Teh key, is TO READ EVERY SINGLE WORD....take a little time to digest everything if you need to....Then if there are no mentions of limits or plan changes in the contract, then perhaps your best bet might be to first go back to them, with your contract in hand, have THEM show you where the cap is imposed....if you cannot come to a good resolution then perhaps the BBB or consumer regulatory commission in your area...Then you have the option of an attorney or small claims court (depending on your court system)....I have seen posters about "Unlimited data" with that 5GB cap and wondered how they figure "UNLIMITED" has a cap....

Good luck

--------- New Post Merged on 13/4/2009 at 0929 --------

Sorry waited too long for Edit...

Also at the store level, they probably will not be able to help you much...Ask to find out who CAN make these decisions or direct you to who can....one of the things that i believe corporations will do is to frustrate you so that they wont have to deal with you.....just keep pointing out that it is not in the contract......if the above language is in the contract, youre probably stuck with what you got...leaving you to pay the cancellation fee or watching your usage....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DenverDev For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2009, 08:28 PM
stanman stanman is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: htc touch
Mobile Carrier: us cellular

View stanman's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View stanman's Photo Album Add stanman's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i dont recall them ever giving me a contrac to read all the did was give me accouple of papers to sign for the phone and that was it they didnt mail me one either
Old 04-13-2009, 08:33 PM
Mobile Model: XV-6800 (Flashed)
Mobile Carrier: Cricket

View DenverDev's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View DenverDev's Photo Album Add DenverDev's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Well.....those papers probably contained the verbage that you would have needed.....i just went onto uscellular and found the following page reference tethering.....

Code

http://www.uscc.com/uscellular/SilverStream/Pages/x_page.html?p=wm_tethering
It is pretty explicit......but if you still have the papers check them!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DenverDev For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2009, 10:00 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yup, look through the contract or you could go in and act as if you are an interested customer and ask to see a contract and what is all entitled before you make you decision... doing this they will prolly make you a copy or give you that one with a void stamp so you can look it over... i know my buddy in kentucky did this with uscellular in the past since they dont give you a copy of their contract unless you ask them specifically.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
cellular, contract, htc, lied, void