Old 09-01-2007, 03:55 AM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
LED Killer 3.1

LED Killer 3.1

I have attached LED Killer 3.1. 3.1 runs contstantly in the background. If 2.0 works for you then by all means use that version. If it doesn't then try the 3.1 and it should work

Authors
This app was co-authored by stroths and codyppc. Cody has been a great help in this project and it would not have gotten to the level of refinement it has if it wasn't for his help. You can find us at the forums of TreoCentral.com, PPCGeeks.com and PDAPhoneHome.com.

Description
This fix disables the green flashing service LED seen on some pocket pc phones like the Mogul. It will retain all other flashing alerts (email, sms, et) and the charging LEDs while not affecting the vibration function. This app should work on other PPC phones other than the Mogul, but its only been tested on this phone.

Instructions
1) Install cab file to main memory or the storage card. I would suggest the main memory as it has a very small footprint.
2) Reboot

Bugs/Issues
- Not compatible with the LED controller HERMLED. Remove HERMLED and reboot before installing this.
- Versions 2.0 and below do not appear to play nicely with iLock

Uninstall
- Use the normal uninstall procedures of Start-> Settings-> System -> Remove Programs
- Reboot

Credits
First and foremost, I would like to thank zbop from TreoCentral for creating the TreoLED.exe app. It is at the core of this fix and would not be possible without it (Question: What's red and green... - TreoCentral.com)

I would also like to thank hannip for his continued mortscript help. I got the idea on writing the mortscript for this fix after seeing a mortscript hannip from TreoCentral wrote.

History

LED Killer 3.1
- Minor update to fix bug from version 3.0 where the LED would flash orange when charging and no notifications were present. Now the solid orange LED will turn off when you first plug it in the charger for about 3 or 4 seconds then turn back on like normal. The green flashing LED is still suppressed like normal.

LED Killer 3.0
- Did away with using the notifications queue. Now the app runs in resident memory and should resolve issues others were having with previous versions.

LED Killer 2.0
- No need to install Mortscript or manually run Mortscript.exe to function properly.
- No need to manually remove notification when doing an uninstall of this version
- Changed the way the Mortscripts are called which should help with situations where program was not initiating under certain circumstances.
- Added icon to LEDoff.lnk shortcut in \Windows\Startup.
- Can now be installed on the SD/microSD card, but it only takes up about 150k, so you should install it in main memory to ensure reliability.

LED Killer 1.0
- New Name
- Removed need for Mortscript to be preinstalled
- Put in a cab file installer format

SLO-MO 1.0
- Original beta version replaced by LED Killer

Future Plans
- Gain control over other LEDs
http://rapidshare.com/files/13665900...r_3.1.cab.html
Attached Files You can't view or download attachments from this post before you thank it.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Mobile Model: ppc6800
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View peterlang's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View peterlang's Photo Album Add peterlang's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: LED Killer 3.1

link says error when page is opened.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:29 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by peterlang View Post

link says error when page is opened.
link reupped here you go bro...... be sure to hit the rep and tip the scales for me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Mobile Model: ppc6800

View peterlang's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View peterlang's Photo Album Add peterlang's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

link reupped here you go bro...... be sure to hit the rep and tip the scales for me.

dash you sir are the man!

I tried giving you rep and it said I need to spread it around before I rep you again. theres no more thank you buttons?

thanks again brah
Old 08-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Mobile Model: VZW XV6800

View ca3sar's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ca3sar's Photo Album Add ca3sar's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

too bad we can have red and blue back and forth yet.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:38 AM

“ Originally Posted by ca3sar View Post

too bad we can have red and blue back and forth yet.
it will have to be a project to be worked on custom for almost each phone individually..... when i get a chance im gonna try to work on a quick app that will do the job just not look pretty.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

View GrimShadow's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GrimShadow's Photo Album Add GrimShadow's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Well thanks for doing the work on that program, it's an utter pain dealing with those leds.
The Following User Says Thank You to GrimShadow For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2008, 09:17 PM

cant take the credit for this besides posting it :>
Old 10-03-2008, 05:09 AM
Mobile Model: VZW XV6800

View ca3sar's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ca3sar's Photo Album Add ca3sar's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: LED Killer 31

i don't know what everyone hates the leds. But red and blue together would be cool
Old 10-04-2008, 09:59 PM
Mobile Model: HTC ppc6800
Mobile Carrier: Alltel

View cleiwat's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View cleiwat's Photo Album Add cleiwat's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I downloaded the program and it downloaded to my phone fine but I can't figure out how to work it after that. Can't find it to open it or whatever. Help please!
Old 10-04-2008, 10:21 PM
Mobile Model: T.O.U.C.H P.R.O
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT SPEED
Mobile OS: 6.1

View Fatal_Error's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Fatal_Error's Photo Album Add Fatal_Error's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Did you install to device? Check in the program files
The Following User Says Thank You to Fatal_Error For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2008, 09:26 AM

View cleiwat's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View cleiwat's Photo Album Add cleiwat's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yeah . It is there in the program files. I tried clicking install and the circle thing spins but nothing else happens. I uninstalled and reinstlled and have done a soft reset but can't seem to get it to work.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:34 PM

“ Originally Posted by cleiwat View Post

Yeah . It is there in the program files. I tried clicking install and the circle thing spins but nothing else happens. I uninstalled and reinstlled and have done a soft reset but can't seem to get it to work.
what rom are you running and it should work no troubles as long as you installed to the main memory..... so your lights are still flashing on your phone??? have you tried an app called nueled also???
Old 10-08-2008, 06:14 PM

I just have the stock rom. I did figure out that it will quit flashing if I go to the program files and click install but then when I use the phone again it starts flashing again. Kinda odd. Maybe I will try that other program you suggested.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:24 PM
Mobile Model: T.O.U.C.H P.R.O
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT SPEED

View Fatal_Error's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Fatal_Error's Photo Album Add Fatal_Error's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

try nueled but the one dash works great on my mogul. I also recommend getting a custom rom they run alot smoother than stock. Plus with the 6800 kinda being old there is alot of things out there for it

Old 10-08-2008, 06:24 PM

“ Originally Posted by cleiwat View Post

I just have the stock rom. I did figure out that it will quit flashing if I go to the program files and click install but then when I use the phone again it starts flashing again. Kinda odd. Maybe I will try that other program you suggested.
you installed to the main memory and not the card right? i have used this on over 100 phones (12 different models) and never had it not work or work flakey on any of them.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:45 PM

Yeah, I don't even have a card. I'll just try a different program.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:45 AM
Mobile Model: nuerom/ touch pro

View mrprism133's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mrprism133's Photo Album Add mrprism133's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

this is pretty cool,
The Following User Says Thank You to mrprism133 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2008, 11:52 AM

“ Originally Posted by mrprism133 View Post

this is pretty cool,
glad that you are liking the apps..... but could you please hit the thanks if you like and the installed button in the first post if you have installed :>

Thanks
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
killer, led