Synchronisation

R

rigoletto

Hello,

i would like to have advice to choose an alternative for outlook on my pc to synchronise with my pocket pc. What are the alternatives to MS Outlook, with of course capabilities for synchronisation for contacts, tasks and planning?

Thank you

D/\SH

well theres not much you can do besides that at this point i dont really use this myself i just use sprite backup and back my phone up so i dont lose it all... ill let the members and the staff here answer your question they will have better insight on this than me

Tigerz

Tech-O-Shock
thaere really arent many programs like dash saiid u could right them all out by hand why dont u want to use outlok

R

rigoletto

Hello Tigerz,

i don't trust outlook backups, i've got bad memories with outlook, so i prefer thunderbird or another mailer. But Activesync is made for outlook so the goal is to find another mailer with the capability of synchronisation. For example Thunderbird with the lightning extension (for the planning) and with birdiesync (for the synchronisation). You see? But i can't find a full version of birdiesync...

All you guys here use outlook on your pcs to sync with your ppc??

D/\SH

yessir i do we have the full version of birdiesync here on SPJ. go to the top bar just below where your pm box is and look for local search. than type in and search for it we have all the versions for you. hope this helps

VenumX

The VenumX Factor
if you are looking to get your contacts i would use sprite backup, if you are looking to get your schedule on your comp I would use google's mobile version of their calendar, it auto uploads all your appointments and stuff to your google calendar attached to your email account with them. if you are trying to get your email onto your computer why dont you just get it directly to your computer? or if you are trying to get your email on your device why dont you get it directly to your device :)

R

rigoletto

if you are looking to get your contacts i would use sprite backup, if you are looking to get your schedule on your comp I would use google's mobile version of their calendar, it auto uploads all your appointments and stuff to your google calendar attached to your email account with them. if you are trying to get your email onto your computer why dont you just get it directly to your computer? or if you are trying to get your email on your device why dont you get it directly to your device :)

Hello VenumX,

as i change every day my planning, my tasks, i add new clients (contacts), i prefer an all in one application like outlook (but not outlook, a freeware like thunderbird will be good). And i would like to work offline too so your proposition does not fit my wishes. I'm not sync my mails, does not need this.
But thanks for giving me your opinion, i appreciate.

Is there a direct link for birdiesync Dash? i did not found it.

R

rigoletto

Thank you guys but i did "local search" and "search" with the keyword "birdiesync" but the link above is the only answer found with the search engine.
Maybe you can check.

Thanks a lot anyway for the link, i'm gonna try it surely this evening.
Have a nice day