• Welcome to the SPJ Community a Social Media Talk Forum

Register Now, it's Free! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, Join Our Community Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

We offer to our community member a place to vent too. And not worry about Corporate America Violating our privacy. But of course be RESPECTFUL !!! , If there's anything we missed, Please utilize the posting features so we can make things happen So why don't you join US !! And Benefit To What We Can Offer. Then register with our Social Media Talk Forum - When Social Talk is Social, and edit your profile and include A General Info of yourself and start posting. GOOD LUCK !!

Changing boot splash screen

soul032

Reaction score
I jus recently got the official wm6.1 rom, but when i try to remove the welcomehead96 i get a error message saying that the file is in the rom. Is there any other way besides the registry can i change my boot screen? If anyone can help i really appreciate it.

Reactions: slinkerd

broSki

Reaction score
ok u cant remove the file bro, but u can replace it, just name the file welcomehead.96 and make sure its in png format and 240x320 then take that and drag it to the windows folder and overwrite the current one soft reset and your done.

spidermonkey21

Reaction score
everytime i drag and drop the new .png file it tells me
"Cannot copy welcomehead.96: Access is denied.

Make sure your mobile device as sufficient memory, that the file is not set as read-only, and that you have permission to copy this file type."

tried using resco registry editor to copy as well, i actually have 2 welcomehead files in there now. it won't let me remove the old one.

Last edited:
Reactions: slinkerd

broSki

Reaction score
everytime i drag and drop the new .png file it tells me
"Cannot copy welcomehead.96: Access is denied.

Make sure your mobile device as sufficient memory, that the file is not set as read-only, and that you have permission to copy this file type."

tried using resco registry editor to copy as well, i actually have 2 welcomehead files in there now. it won't let me remove the old one.

u cant have two of them in there, b/c it will always ask u to overwrite and if u press no then it wont copy it to the folder. Check in the folder to see b/c maybe u spelled it wrong. And just to let you know some roms just dont allow the users to put ur own custom boot splash.

D/\SH

Reaction score
u cant have two of them in there, b/c it will always ask u to overwrite and if u press no then it wont copy it to the folder. Check in the folder to see b/c maybe u spelled it wrong. And just to let you know some roms just dont allow the users to put ur own custom boot splash.

and make sure if your using resco file explorer 7 that you are using 7.03 because in the other versions it wouldnt let you overwrite.

T

thug4life2005

and make sure if your using resco file explorer 7 that you are using 7.03 because in the other versions it wouldnt let you overwrite.

i just copyed over a bootup screen with resco file explorer 7.01 so it does work at least for me it did dash.

Reactions: D/\SH