Sprint Touch Pro 2 Specs released

D/\SH

I belong to the Sprint Application Developers, they just posted the specs for the HTC Touch Pro 2: https://developer.sprint.com/device/loadDevice.do?id=a1862449-e58a-4f93-995b-d0b12b7ad3b8

HTC+Touch+Pro2+_2.jpg

HTC TOUCH PRO 2

WVGA Display, WinMo Pro 6.1, 3.2 camera, large slide-out QWERTY, WiFi, International Quadband

• Basic Information
    • Manufacturer
      • HTC
    • Style
      • Slider
    • Network
      • CDMA
    • Technologies
      • Windows Mobile
    • Features
      • Camera
      • GPS
      • MP3 Player
      • External Memory
      • External Display
      • Music Store Capable
      • Sprint TV Capable
      • Themes Capable
      • Full Keyboard
      • Bluetooth

• Hardware
    • Main LCD Display
      • Display Type: TFT (Thin Film Transistor)
      • Menu Structure
        • New Touch Menu
    • Ringtone Capabilities
      • Ringer Types
        • AAC
        • AAC+
        • AMR
        • MIDI
        • MP3
        • QCP
        • WAV
        • WMA
    • Memory
      • Total ROM
        • 512 MB
      • Removable Memory: Yes
        • Type: MicroSD
    • Camera: Yes
    • Camera Details
      • Mega Pixel
      • Color Tone/Picture Effects
        • Grayscale
        • Negative
        • Sepia
      • Sensor Type
        • CMOS
      • Auto Focus: Yes
      • VGA: Yes
      • Shutter sound options: Yes
        • Off
    • Video camera: Yes
    • Video Camara Details
      • Color tones
        • Negative
        • Sepia
      • Customizable Shutter Sounds
        • Off
      • Customizable shutter sounds: Yes
      • Display Size
        • 352 x 288
      • Mime Types
        • video/mp4
      • Sprint video mail: Yes
      • Video/File Formats
        • H263
        • MPEG4
    • Data Network
      • EVDO: Yes
      • WIFI: Yes

• Software
    • Browser Features
      • Supports Web Browser: Yes
      • Browser Supplier
        • Microsoft
      • Browser Name
        • Pocket Internet Explorer
      • Browser Version
        • Windows Mobile 6.1
      • Maximum URL Length (char)
        • Limited to Microsoft default
      • Streaming Supported: Yes
      • Supprots Instant Messaging: Yes
      • Cookies Supported: Yes
      • Downloadable Applications: Yes
      • Downloadable Digital Content (Ringtones, Wallpaper, Java Apps): Yes
      • Downloadable Games: Yes
      • Full Internet Browser: Yes
    • Audio Formats/Codecs
      • AAC
      • AAC+
      • AMR
      • AMR-NB
      • M4A
      • MIDI
      • MP3
      • WAV
      • Windows Media Audio
    • Image Formats/Codecs
      • BMP
      • GIF
      • H.263
      • JPEG
    • Video
      • H.263
      • H.264
      • MPEG-4
      • 3GPP2
    • Operating System
      • Windows Mobile
    • Bluetooth
      • Bluetooth: Yes
    • Location Based Services
      • GPS
This is information we already know about but does indeed confirm that somewhere on the horizon is a Touch Pro 2 for Sprint. Also notice it says Windows Mobile 6.1 so this should kill any rumors about Sprint pushing the release date back for Windows Mobile 6.5 release.

i take no creidt for the find and the original thread can be found here:
Code:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78104

O

ON3/\L

yeah looking forward tothis one... althought we could still be months away. we were testing and using the palm pre for over a month before it was released so hopefully we get it in 2009 but idk... looks good! the touch pro is no longer available from the warehouse so this has to be coming soon!

S/\NDM/\N

I dont know what uglier about this, the Stock theme or the bat cover.. i wonder if i can use the verizon cover and take off the Vz logo ??:ghost:

i agree w/ u bro not digging the the back cover looks cheap, but if it makes it easier on the wallet then thats ok, theres always ebay, as for the stock theme that can allways be changed. i really want to know if it like the telus version has the 3.5mm headset jack. i sure hope verizon doesnt jack this one up like they did touch pro (RIP).

louiedoesit

well according to the other post it suppose to have one hope that i true

Yea i hope so too..

--------- New Post Merged on 6/8/2009 at 08:51:01 --------

I dont know what uglier about this, the Stock theme or the bat cover.. i wonder if i can use the verizon cover and take off the Vz logo ??:ghost:

I kinda like this back cover.... Seperate sprints from the rest

Last edited:

SpdRacer

YounG~TurBo A.k.A-Truth
hmmm wow..nicee..i wonder how big it is in your hand compared to the first touch pro..hmm looks a lil bigger hmm..the bigger screen is def nice..i also wonder how the speaker phone is..

O

ON3/\L

hmmm wow..nicee..i wonder how big it is in your hand compared to the first touch pro..hmm looks a lil bigger hmm..the bigger screen is def nice..i also wonder how the speaker phone is..

Bro it's much bigger than touch pro + it's WVGA res instead of VGA so that's 2 thumbs up from me!! Check out youtube bro plenty of comparisons to show the touch pro beside the touch pro 2...
oh... and the speaker phone..... the gave this speaker phone steroids compared to the touch pro speaker phone. It's designed for conference calling and works just by sitting the phone down on it's face. The same way you mute the touch pro when on a call. several people can talk at the same time instead of the standard speaker phone is 1 at a time or it cuts out.

SpdRacer

YounG~TurBo A.k.A-Truth
Bro it's much bigger than touch pro + it's WVGA res instead of VGA so that's 2 thumbs up from me!! Check out youtube bro plenty of comparisons to show the touch pro beside the touch pro 2...
oh... and the speaker phone..... the gave this speaker phone steroids compared to the touch pro speaker phone. It's designed for conference calling and works just by sitting the phone down on it's face. The same way you mute the touch pro when on a call. several people can talk at the same time instead of the standard speaker phone is 1 at a time or it cuts out.

ohh yeah? damn i didnt know..loll idk what that means but it sounds pretty good..thanks for the link, im goanna go check it out now =)

O

ON3/\L

ohh yeah? damn i didnt know..loll idk what that means but it sounds pretty good..thanks for the link, im goanna go check it out now =)

well what that means if your referring to my 1st sentence.... is the touch pro 2 has MUCH better screen resolution!!!! Like high definition waaaaayyy better than the pro screen... and BIGGER.... plus the fact that it tilts up at an angle make good for watching a movie on that sucker.. or pictures as well..... especially the good ones, haha...

D/\SH

i would say they are equal but thankfully there is a fix to both with rit dye to dye them nasty red rubber grippers on the back at least which should clear up the look some in my opinion

No chrome woo hoo.. Didnt read anything about the 3.5mm is that going to be on there for sure?

i know im stoked about the no chrome either :)

well according to the other post it suppose to have one hope that i true

yes will have 3.5 look at here: (thus the delay in production... (told ya guys about this about 2 months ago)
Code:
https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/sprint-rhodium-tp2-t189954.html?t=189954&highlight=headphone+jack

the gsm battery cover was nice, hopefully our isn't the one in the screen shot! I mean, it's whatever if I don't like it I will make it my own and paint it put a gloss on it or something, but the gsm version that is silver with the speaker that goes all the around it is reallly nice!

yeah too bad that there is no chance of it working on our devices :( thats a promise right there.)

NINE'SICKS

•crzy_dmn•
NO CHROME..
NOOOO !!!
thats gunna hurt bcuz with the tp it set us aside from verizon/att versions.. imo sprint got the short end of the stick. they shouldv got the same one as shown on htc website (including chrome and WAYYYY batter bat cover) Now im really not sure if i wanna get it, oh well i guess ill get a TP :ghost:

And another thing i happen to notice is the tilt screen looks like it itsnt stable.. (when compared to the Nokia N97)

Last edited: