What's new
Community Talk Forum - When Social Talk is Social
Welcome to the SPJ Community a Social Media Talk Forum

Register Now, it's Free! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, Join Our Community Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

We offer to our community member a place to vent too. And not worry about Corporate America Violating our privacy. But of course be RESPECTFUL !!! , If there's anything we missed, Please utilize the posting features so we can make things happen So why don't you join US !! And Benefit To What We Can Offer. Then register with our Social Media Talk Forum - When Social Talk is Social, and edit your profile and include A General Info of yourself and start posting. GOOD LUCK !!

Sprint Touch Pro 2 Specs released

T

too758

Any chance insurance will be letting you upgrade from the pro? My pro's screen just broke and i got 60 days to make the claim. I'm wondering if I should just suck up not having a screen for a little while or if i would be wasting my time waiting for nothing.

T

too758

They wont let you upgrade for free until they run out of refurbed TPs. I mean, you can always call up and try and work your magic, but on the whole...they like to get rid of there refurbs before offering up there newer models.

yeah that's what i thought, but when i had my mogul, i talked them into sending me a diamond so i started googling this morning to see if people were still able to get that result and i found that people were able to pay them like 20 bucks and get an upgrade. This was with verizon but i'm wondering if anyone has heard this for sprint. Especially since they are doing the tier 1=50 bucks and tier 2 = 100 bucks.

ps. Oh and the touch pro 2 is on the list for tier 2 replacements. that's what got me so excited.

M

mikey227

It is a possibility that the Pro 2 will be available as a replacement to the Pro. It all depends whether the Pro is in stock or not. When I was a tech for sprint, the pro was available as a replacement for the mogul for a while. This happened off and on. Your best bet is trying to do an advanced exchange through sprint about a couple of weeks after the pro 2 is released. Go to sprint.com and use the self service replacement option as long as you have insurance you should not be charged. WORTH A SHOT.

T

too758

It is a possibility that the Pro 2 will be available as a replacement to the Pro. It all depends whether the Pro is in stock or not. When I was a tech for sprint, the pro was available as a replacement for the mogul for a while. This happened off and on. Your best bet is trying to do an advanced exchange through sprint about a couple of weeks after the pro 2 is released. Go to sprint.com and use the self service replacement option as long as you have insurance you should not be charged. WORTH A SHOT.

do i need to have the 7$ insurance or the regular insurance? and when i took my pro to the store, they said that there was physical damage (even though the damage had nothing to do with my screen going out. sucks) so will the self service option will work.

B

Bagbklyn

Besides ebay how are you guys getting rid of you phones, that battery cover hurts to look at. Most that have the TP signed for the 2yr contract to get it. so by the time TP2 comes out it will only be a year. Kinda makes me feel like I have an iphone , every year a new model is coming out. Next year will be TP3, any word if this will have touch Flo 2.6?

bigchico68

bigchico68
Ok, fellas...quick update. So far the launch is still scheduled for 09/08/09. I just talked to my mans that works at my local store, trying to get on a reserve list for the pro2. He tells me what they are hearing at his location is that the initial launch date is most likely correct, but it looks as though it will be a Direct Ship date and that it won't be available in store for a while. In other words, if you want the phone at launch you'll have to get it through telesales or the website. Not positive if care will be able to order it at direct launch as of yet, but as usual, I'll keep you all posted.

The september 3rd date is for direct ship only then september 8th it will be available in stores.

--------- New Post Merged on 21/8/2009 at 07:29:14 --------

Here is what happens with every HTC phone that comes out. The new one comes out people go crazy getting their phones AE'd and they run out, which will more than likely happen with this one also. I give it two months and they will be out of the TP and be replacing them with the TP 2.

Last edited:

D/\SH

The september 3rd date is for direct ship only then september 8th it will be available in stores.

--------- New Post Merged on 21/8/2009 at 07:29:14 --------

Here is what happens with every HTC phone that comes out. The new one comes out people go crazy getting their phones AE'd and they run out, which will more than likely happen with this one also. I give it two months and they will be out of the TP and be replacing them with the TP 2.

yup jst supply and demand but some devices take forever..... the 6700 came out how long ago and they still have replacements through the online tool..... for those not familiar with the apache it was what turned into the mogul and than to the touch pro and now the touch pro 2..... i dont think that there will be a three i feel they will come up with a new snazzy name and not loimit names like apple does.... come on anyone can add 3g and 3gs to a name and make it new..... be creative, make the name stick and stand out from the rest.

B

BigBadWolf77

This thing is looking pretty sweet. I just lost both of my hookups at Sprint, so I am already sweating how I am going to get my free upgrade.

gsxrkidz

Man not really feelin this phone it looks kind of crapy I think I will stay with the first TP cause the chrome gos with my bike..:soldier:

B

Bagbklyn

Sprint should give better discounts for early adopters like at&T did for the apple 3gs.

P

parna1973

Everything sounds really good, now the promblem i still got a tp...lol ama start messing with touch pro hoping ill mess it up someway and get it replace with the tp2...lol...thnxs for the share

D/\SH

Man not really feelin this phone it looks kind of crapy I think I will stay with the first TP cause the chrome gos with my bike..:soldier:
style wise what makes you not like it? the theme makes it look a little plain but i think it is damn sexy myself :) like the blackstone better though too bad that didnt have a keyboard.

bigchico68

bigchico68
The official release date is September 8th!! Want to read more about it click below...

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/271557108/tp2_news.pdf