• Welcome to the SPJ Community a Social Media Talk Forum

Register Now, it's Free! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, Join Our Community Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

We offer to our community member a place to vent too. And not worry about Corporate America Violating our privacy. But of course be RESPECTFUL !!! , If there's anything we missed, Please utilize the posting features so we can make things happen So why don't you join US !! And Benefit To What We Can Offer. Then register with our Social Media Talk Forum - When Social Talk is Social, and edit your profile and include A General Info of yourself and start posting. GOOD LUCK !!

Battery Fix

J

jr5416

I found this over at ppcgeeks guys changing this in ur registry suppose to give u more batttery life .I did this last nite and found out that this does indeed work on my pro and may work on urs as well !

Dear Chefs/Users,

I wanted to share with you, what I believe to be the source to the better battery life on my 2.4.X Roms.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\Battery]
"PollInterval"=dword:4E20

I've shared the fix with Ghetto, and he has confirmed, and will likely incorporate the reg into future iterations of the kitchen.

Original credit goes to DCD (XDA) as I noticed this was a registry from his old Titan Kitchen.

-Juicy

Here is something else someone found on another site :

Here's something everyone can use to make registry changes easier:
Code:
http://ceregeditor.mdsoft.pl/

Download and install this program, it runs on your computer. Just connect using activesync and it will read the registry from your phone and allow you to make edits from your computer itself. I make so many reg edits that it's a pain to do it all from the phone.

Pro Tip: Make sure you go to Tools - Unlock Registry first so it will allow you to commit changes to your phone.

Also, you can save favorites and make cabs from reg entries etc, this editor is pretty nice.

Btw if you change the 5000 to 20000 and not do anything else, that'll be just fine. There's no need to change it Hex 4E20 explicitly, it's the same thing.

=====================================================

additional info to battery life.I will make changes and report back with my results

Battery Life

Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\AsyncMac1\Parms
Default value type and value are
“DisablePowerManagement”=dword:1
Change to
“DisablePowerManagement”=dword:0

Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\PPTP1\Parms
Change to

Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\L2TP1\Parms
Change to

Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\Battery
Default value and type are
"PollInterval"=dword:5000
Change to
"PollInterval"=dword:20000

*** you will need a registry editor such as PHM, Total Commander, Resco, etc. to do the edits. Once edits are done wait for 1 minute before you soft-reset to ensure those edits have been implemented into the configuration***

posted by pb

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kiit408

dude you have no clue what i've had to go through lol... charging at work.. . dude and just practically finding anywhere where i can reload lol... man thank you... will check this out.. and will get at you if any ???'s lol... so you better be on at 3hrs lol... haha.. not really but thanks.. if your not on hopefully someone can help... ;)

J

jr5416

dude you have no clue what i've had to go through lol... charging at work.. . dude and just practically finding anywhere where i can reload lol... man thank you... will check this out.. and will get at you if any ???'s lol... so you better be on at 3hrs lol... haha.. not really but thanks.. if your not on hopefully someone can help... ;)

Lol well lets hope it works for u and others here at SPJ like it did for me .Its not hard at all bro once u go in2

-HKEY-Local-machine
-Drivers
-Built in
-Battery

Double click on batter and then go in2 Pollinterval once there click on Decimal change value to 2000
then click on Hexadecimal and type in 4e20 ,Some roms already come like this o think juicy and groove!

K

Kiit408

Lol well lets hope it works for u and others here at SPJ like it did for me .Its not hard at all bro once u go in2

-HKEY-Local-machine
-Drivers
-Built in
-Battery

Double click on batter and then go in2 Pollinterval once there click on Decimal change value to 2000
then click on Hexadecimal and type in 4e20 ,Some roms already come like this o think juicy and groove!

i got energy... i'll see cause if this helps i'm gonna post link in the rom area too... ;).. will let you know if anything happens or if anything wrong.. fa sho appreciate it...

--------- New Post Merged on 9/8/2009 at 02:17:27 --------

i did it.. on my energy rom will let you know tommorow how it goes...

--------- New Post Merged on 9/8/2009 at 02:18:34 --------

do i need anything else i activesynced and then i said ok on the regedit then i closed app... am i done or do i need to anything else after edit?...

--------- New Post Merged on 9/8/2009 at 02:26:12 --------

i can tell you this though... my battery went from almost dead to almost full when i did the edit... that's hella coo... i appreciate that man... i appreciate the find... dude i owe you.. lol...

--------- New Post Merged on 9/8/2009 at 02:27:57 --------

and may i add no change in speed... :)

D/\SH

-HKEY-Local-machine
-Drivers
-Built in
-Battery

will have to check this out tomorrow since i dont feel like doing this tonight since i got to catch uup than get me some sleep.

J

jr5416

i got energy... i'll see cause if this helps i'm gonna post link in the rom area too... ;).. will let you know if anything happens or if anything wrong.. fa sho appreciate it...

--------- New Post Merged on 9/8/2009 at 02:17:27 --------

i did it.. on my energy rom will let you know tommorow how it goes...

--------- New Post Merged on 9/8/2009 at 02:18:34 --------

do i need anything else i activesynced and then i said ok on the regedit then i closed app... am i done or do i need to anything else after edit?...

--------- New Post Merged on 9/8/2009 at 02:26:12 --------

i can tell you this though... my battery went from almost dead to almost full when i did the edit... that's hella coo... i appreciate that man... i appreciate the find... dude i owe you.. lol...

--------- New Post Merged on 9/8/2009 at 02:27:57 --------

and may i add no change in speed... :)

lol Thats great news bro plz provide spj with more feedback later today,thanks .

R

rwcj63

i put this on my Pro just now. I have NFSFAN's 0105 rom and it's a battery hog for sure. i'm hoping this will help dramatically. the setting was at 5000 Dec orginally and this brought it to 20000. which should make one heck of a difference. the number suggests that it will poll 4 times less. we'll see.

thanks for the info guys.

D/\SH

i put this on my Pro just now. I have NFSFAN's 0105 rom and it's a battery hog for sure. i'm hoping this will help dramatically. the setting was at 5000 Dec orginally and this brought it to 20000. which should make one heck of a difference. the number suggests that it will poll 4 times less. we'll see.

thanks for the info guys.

right but you will never get 4 times longer battery life... it is a battery hahaha but hell better battery life is always welcome in my books no matter how small a difference.

K

Kiit408

was i supposed to put 20000??? cause i put 2000 and dude i am heavily using it since i woke up at nine... and i'm using energy rom... and dude i'm hella seeing the difference... still at 60% when usually it should be dead by now.. .lol.... i listen to music massive text atleast 50 text this morning.. video recording cause some lady was acting loud on the bus.. then i replayed back like 5 times... and then went on internet a few times to check bus times... and made 5 calls atleast 2min each.. and turned on a few times to change songs.. DUDE THANKS!!!.. and that's all just this morning lol.. thanks a lot.. i'm using diamond so hopefully people will check this out.. it hella helps...!!!

R

rwcj63

right but you will never get 4 times longer battery life... it is a battery hahaha but hell better battery life is always welcome in my books no matter how small a difference.

come on D/\SH. don't be such a killjoy. let me at least think i'll get much better battery life. geez.

--------- New Post Merged on 9/8/2009 at 06:23:05 --------

was i supposed to put 20000??? cause i put 2000 and dude i am heavily using it since i woke up at nine... and i'm using energy rom... and dude i'm hella seeing the difference... still at 60% when usually it should be dead by now.. .lol.... i listen to music massive text atleast 50 text this morning.. video recording cause some lady was acting loud on the bus.. then i replayed back like 5 times... and then went on internet a few times to check bus times... and made 5 calls atleast 2min each.. and turned on a few times to change songs.. DUDE THANKS!!!.. and that's all just this morning lol.. thanks a lot.. i'm using diamond so hopefully people will check this out.. it hella helps...!!!

i think many of the roms are using a setting of 5000 dec. it would seem that setting the polling to 2000 would not do well at all for battery life.

puertoblack2003

Administrator
Staff member
come on D/\SH. don't be such a killjoy. let me at least think i'll get much better battery life. geez.

i think many of the roms are using a setting of 5000 dec. it would seem that setting the polling to 2000 would not do well at all for battery life.

yep i agree i been testing test since it was posted it was draining more on no usage...reverting back....

J

jr5416

yep i agree i been testing test since it was posted it was draining more on no usage...reverting back....

What roms are u guys on if i may ask ?

puertoblack2003

Administrator
Staff member
Thats funny bro bc im running his newest rom bro and i saw a 3-4 hr diffeeance from 9hrs total to about 14 or hrs of battery life

yep, I'm on the current release..i text alot and always browsing online.. the battery increment kept going down to quick .. i had to keep it plugged to my car charger..something i didn't have to do before.