Battery Fix

J

jr5416

hahaha you kill me bro...I'm advance in everything i do. I did all of that....that's why i bench marked it and did my everyday usage.. on it

It would be cool to hear from others...

I know that bro just wanted to see if maybe u missed something i know who u are and i know u know more then alot of ppl here including me just checking to see if maybe u missed something thanks .

K

Kiit408

so far i made all the changes and its been 3 hrs and been texting and talking and being online.. and i somehow still am at 95%... shocking... i would usually be at 70 or 60% by now... idk.. will let you know when it dies out.. ;)

i took off charger at 6am and it's 830am now...

K

Kiit408

i bet if you soft reset that goes way down.... if not im not sure what the hell you are doing but you are getting insane life...

give me a sec i'll let you know in a min... but from a few texts and some bus time checks online and a few calls... it went to 90% and it's 1140 now...

--------- New Post Merged on 10/8/2009 at 02:50:23 --------

nope stayed the same...!!!.... all i did was before i changed my rom i formated my internal memory on my diamond which erased all internal... then got rid of a bunch of junk that i didn't use... and hard reseted everything.. so i started from scratch..(backed everything on my hard drive) then i flashed to energy rom like 4 times and before the 1st soft reset (when the load of apps and stuff) i took battery out for 10 sec.... then i let it load up all stuff then i did that like twice.. then i hard reseted like 3 times each flash... (i heard it helped but i still get bugs) then i reloaded all my info and set up my cabs and completed every soft reset when asked.. then i just started slow and not adding apps that i really didn't need... changed a few things.. and then wha laa... i did this and i'm impressed... well hopefully this works out for others...

--------- New Post Merged on 10/8/2009 at 02:54:10 --------

yeah i did a crap load of work but yeah it was worth it... had a lot of time on my hands and i really like to see that rainbow on my screen for some reason i feel like im a comp genius for those 3 seconds... lol...

--------- New Post Merged on 10/8/2009 at 05:45:14 --------

its 245 and like i said still going... 70 percent with email and picture mail messages...;)

--------- New Post Merged on 11/8/2009 at 01:34:13 --------

its now 1030 and now i'm at 30 percent but i havent touched it since 8... i was listening to music on the way over to my girls so like 1hr.. and was checking time a few times and changed songs.. Made 1hr call and 200 texts today so far... and i'm still good 15+ hrs on a full battery... will let go untill it dies so will let you guys know how it goes tommorow... my day off tommorow so no biggie if it dies ;)... THIS DOES WORK I"M GONNA HAVE TO ADMIT... once again i'm using energyrom for diamond.... only made to changes to regedit... and am golden... thanks for the info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------- New Post Merged on 11/8/2009 at 01:35:59 --------

o and i took out battery like twice cause the phone freezed.. after phone calls... screen vibrates with touch response like if the screen worked and all but the screen just stays black... but other than that... golden...

--------- New Post Merged on 11/8/2009 at 01:36:46 --------

sort of reminds me of my vogue battery... great!!! not the best but way greater than stock diamond battery...

Last edited by a moderator:
B

BWHeseltine

Thats pretty amazing that just changing a setting in the regedit can make such a difference. Is it normal though that non-stock roms drain the battery more? I send/receive maybe 50 texts a day, browse internet, talk for maybe half an hour a day, have a couple of email accounts checked every hour as well as playing games and mine lasts about 30hours. I dont use the phone for music and video so much though, which might be where the difference lies.

D/\SH

Thats pretty amazing that just changing a setting in the regedit can make such a difference. Is it normal though that non-stock roms drain the battery more? I send/receive maybe 50 texts a day, browse internet, talk for maybe half an hour a day, have a couple of email accounts checked every hour as well as playing games and mine lasts about 30hours. I dont use the phone for music and video so much though, which might be where the difference lies.

30 hours? dont you talk or text any? and custom roms for me have always given me better battery life.

B

BWHeseltine

Yeah, Im generally calling and texting quite a lot (for me maybe), but I always get pissed off that I have to charge it every night, otherwise it will be dead by 4pm the next day. I have friends who use their phones roughly as much and they can go almost 5 days on one charge. Granted they are **** phones, but still.

--------- New Post Merged on 11/8/2009 at 06:59:48 --------

And Teeter and browsing on your phone was designed to be done on the john. My girlfriend finds it really weird that I can spend half an hour in there!

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jr5416

this may be my noob moment...but just wondering...how is this different from Taylor's battery tweak?...better? worse?..no difference?...

Great question i think this is actually better ive seen significant battery change once i put this 2 work ive gonna from 8hrs 2 about 20 doing all my things txting-internet surfing -this works.

littledaisy

SPJ Addict :)
alrighty...then its just what im looking for :)..you think this will interfere with taylors tweak?..or will it just override it?..in any case im still gonna try this out for myself :) thanks :)