Battery Fix

K

Kiit408

Thats pretty amazing that just changing a setting in the regedit can make such a difference. Is it normal though that non-stock roms drain the battery more? I send/receive maybe 50 texts a day, browse internet, talk for maybe half an hour a day, have a couple of email accounts checked every hour as well as playing games and mine lasts about 30hours. I dont use the phone for music and video so much though, which might be where the difference lies.

What rom you running and did you do any edits?... i'm fine with this edit but that's just amazing....

B

BWHeseltine

Ok, I was keeping a note of what I was doing yesterday and this is how it worked out in the end.
Removed from charger just before 8.30 am.
almost an hour on IM
1.5 hours phone
>1 using opera browser
only 20 texts
played around with the facebook app
2 email accounts checked every 2 hours
a couple of installed cabs
and 2 hard resets, numerous soft resets (phone's got issues)
no wi-fi

The phone was hooked up to active sync for about half an hour though and I'm in the country so I'm only using the slowest radio rather than HSDPA, which prob makes the difference. At 2.30 am, the phone was still reporting back 20%. That's 18 hours. My reckoning is that it got a decent charge when I synced it and the radio was less draining.

K

krymsynparadise

The one and only NSFAN..some may disagree. :(

hey, im on nasfan rom, the updated version, and maybe i do alot on my phone but it was hogging up so much battery that i would only get maybe 2 or 3 hours before it would go dead, i though it was me since everyone was saying that this rom had the best battery life....... i just did the changes so im hoping i get a little bit more life out of the battery

--------- New Post Merged on 15/8/2009 at 09:25:55 --------

hey, im on nasfan rom, the updated version, and maybe i do alot on my phone but it was hogging up so much battery that i would only get maybe 2 or 3 hours before it would go dead, i though it was me since everyone was saying that this rom had the best battery life....... i just did the changes so im hoping i get a little bit more life out of the battery

OMG two reset later and been playing around and im still at 100% i would have been at 80% before i did these changes........ thank you so much for this post.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

krymsynparadise

wow... glad it worked out for you... that some great batt life!

ok this is crazy, almost makes me think my phone is broken hahahaha, but been listening to music and playing with other things and its still at 100%.